Rumours tonight

tottenhamfc

On BC Global News our top reporter Keith Baldrey said he has spoken to the Feds about when they anticipate lifting testing for fully vaxxed entry into Canada. He said the announcement should come late this week or early next week. No dates attached.

Edited by tottenhamfc
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, canadianbear said:

Fingers crossed-something has to give.  

It just makes you wonder why they made the Cruiselines jump through so many hoops when this announcement is going to be a couple

of weeks later. With the CDC taking the risk to a 2 really does help. 

16 minutes ago, tottenhamfc said:

It just makes you wonder why they made the Cruiselines jump through so many hoops when this announcement is going to be a couple

of weeks later. With the CDC taking the risk to a 2 really does help. 

Totally agree.   It’s the main reason we have not cruised. As a Canadian just too many hoops we aren’t willing to jump through.  We’ve got cruises booked for later this year but I’d love to do one sooner.  And I sure hope our Alaska season is easy for tourists.  

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, broberts said:

Even if the entry test is eliminated for vaccinated travellers a cruise pre-boarding test may still be required. The US may still require an entry test.

There are indications that the US will be lifting the entry test as well according to a site I was reading. They are saying April 1. Logically why would they Require a boarding test if there is no entry test at both ends assuming reports are correct. That would make no sense at all. 

• Like 1

Just now, edrussell said:

One can hope.  We are booked for our annual Vegas getaway on April 4 to 11.  Haven't booked any testing just yet.  

If you are staying at the Venetian, you may be required to have a boarding test on the gondola.

• Haha 7

35 minutes ago, tottenhamfc said:

There are indications that the US will be lifting the entry test as well according to a site I was reading. They are saying April 1. Logically why would they Require a boarding test if there is no entry test at both ends assuming reports are correct. That would make no sense at all. 

I'm sure the announcement will be made April 1. I have my doubts it will be official. 🙂

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, tottenhamfc said:

On BC Global News our top reporter Keith Baldrey said he has spoken to the Feds about when they anticipate lifting testing for fully vaxxed entry into Canada. He said the announcement should come late this week or early next week. No dates attached.

Is there a link ? 

9 hours ago, broberts said:

Even if the entry test is eliminated for vaccinated travellers a cruise pre-boarding test may still be required. The US may still require an entry test.

I was reading this morning about the rise in Covid cases in Asia (low vaccination rates) and in Europe (the new variant). I love this quote from Forbes; 

"Some politicians, TV personalities, and people have been asserting that they are done with the Covid-19 pandemic, which may be nice to hear. But looks like the severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) didn’t get the memo. The pandemic isn’t like the reality TV show Married at First Sight. You can’t just turn it off simply because you are sick of it."

Edited by DirtyDawg
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, DirtyDawg said:

in Europe (the new variant)

Do they mean BaA2?  If so it isn’t really new, it just is a quicker spreading version of Omicron with the same effects as of now.🤞

5 minutes ago, Canadianmama3 said:

I’ve seen the same rumour.  Not sure if it’s just wishful thinking though.  

The Canadian rumour came from the Legislative bureau chief for BC Global news who said he had talked with senior officials in the Feds. He is usually spot on in his reporting. The US I have no clue.

1 minute ago, tottenhamfc said:

The Canadian rumour came from the Legislative bureau chief for BC Global news who said he had talked with senior officials in the Feds. He is usually spot on in his reporting. The US I have no clue.

I was talking about the one I had read, a few days ago.  I can’t remember exactly where I read it.  But it mentioned government officials were considering dropping the testing at the end of March.  

We’re sailing on Emerald Princess on a British Isles cruise embarking in Southampton.  England has released all restrictions for entry by anyone.  There are no isolation protocols either.  Makes it easy for us to cruise from the UK.  Now, if Canada would do the same for entry coming back home, it would feel just like cruising did in the old days!  Fingers crossed!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

We’re sailing on Emerald Princess on a British Isles cruise embarking in Southampton.  England has released all restrictions for entry by anyone.  There are no isolation protocols either.  Makes it easy for us to cruise from the UK.  Now, if Canada would do the same for entry coming back home, it would feel just like cruising did in the old days!  Fingers crossed!

New cases in the UK have climbed over 54% over the past 7 days. Hopefully this is a minor blip and not an indication of what to expect when all mandates are lifted.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

New cases in the UK have climbed over 54% over the past 7 days. Hopefully this is a minor blip and not an indication of what to expect when all mandates are lifted.

The case count is somewhat misleading though. I have had covid and for me it was a small cold if that. I know for some it can, has been debilitating and sometimes worse. Many die from the flu as well. Not dumbing it down as I believe in the science and vaccinations but the world has to move on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, tottenhamfc said:

The case count is somewhat misleading though. I have had covid and for me it was a small cold if that. I know for some it can, has been debilitating and sometimes worse. Many die from the flu as well. Not dumbing it down as I believe in the science and vaccinations but the world has to move on.

Hospitalization are also up over 18%, so it's not just mild, cold-like cases. We'd all like to move on, but judging when to do so is of critical importance. I've no problem with Canada taking a small "c" conservative approach to the issue.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Hospitalization are also up over 18%, so it's not just mild, cold-like cases. We'd all like to move on, but judging when to do so is of critical importance. I've no problem with Canada taking a small "c" conservative approach to the issue.

We agree to disagree. Two years is long enough. It is up to people to take their own precautions now. This could go on for years. What I would like to see are the stats of non vaxxed who are hospitalized and also dying. They are the bigger problem for the pressure on our health care system. We have probably the most conservative govt and top doc in BC. They have decided to move on because we were cautious when we were most vulnerable. 

Edited by tottenhamfc
  • Like 3

We agree to disagree. Two years is long enough. It is up to people to take their own precautions now. This could go on for years. What I would like to see are the stats of non vaxxed who are hospitalized and also dying. They are the bigger problem for the pressure on our health care system. We have probably the most conservative govt and top doc in BC. They have decided to move on because we were cautious when we were most vulnerable. 

I agree!  My DH and I are both vaxxed and boosted.  We’ve spent the last two years in house in the country rarely seeing anyone, including our children and grandchildren, who live in Toronto.  We isolated ourselves from the world and now we need to move forward.  We’re 74 years old and who knows how many more we have.  I want to enjoy each one of them.  I want to hug and kiss my granddaughters.  I want to cruise without tests and masks and quarantining.  This next cruise is our first vacation since just before the world locked down in early 2020.  We are going now and we will love it!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, tottenhamfc said:

Yes, we can agree to disagree. I actually don't think that we are that far apart on the concept of the changes that need to be made, just the speed with which they take place.

26 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

I agree!  My DH and I are both vaxxed and boosted.  We’ve spent the last two years in house in the country rarely seeing anyone, including our children and grandchildren, who live in Toronto.  We isolated ourselves from the world and now we need to move forward.  We’re 74 years old and who knows how many more we have.  I want to enjoy each one of them.  I want to hug and kiss my granddaughters.  I want to cruise without tests and masks and quarantining.  This next cruise is our first vacation since just before the world locked down in early 2020.  We are going now and we will love it!

But there is nothing within the current mandates that prevents you from seeing people and hugging and kissing your children and grandchildren. We too are in our mid-70's and would love to go on a cruise with no tests, masks or possibility of being quarantined, and believe that day will come in the not too distant future. In the mean time, we are enjoying life within the actual rules. Isolating ourselves in the country was never an available option for us, but even if it had been, we would not have made that choice.

Edited by Fouremco
  • Like 1