RCI European Sailing Protocols

1 minute ago, Billy Baltic said:

And everything crossed that it’s negative. 

That's the big one, isn't it?

Given that testing was unlikely to go away I would have preferred it to be 2 days before as that would have let us test before flying.

Last year, we had to test at the terminal prior to boarding and that was horrible. I could just imagine one of us testing positive and having to spend 10 days in a Spanish quarantine hotel.

• Like 1

Wow rcl seem to have made it super hard and their "up to date" vaccine is different to the entry requirments for italy from the uk. 

From the uk gov website 

"a primary vaccination certificate (valid for 270 days from the date of the last dose for those who have had a full course of vaccines (both doses of a two-dose vaccine or one dose of a one-dose vaccine) or valid indefinitely for those who have had a full course plus a booster dose)"

Where as rcl have the vaccine and or booster within 270 days.....now most uk people had the booster before xmas so will not be up to date by rcl standards..... 

But i dont travel till summer so will see and expect changes 

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

What part is not understandable?

I've not travelled post covid era at all and I was just asking as a double check that I've understood what's required because its different between what Spain requires and what RCL requires 😞 

I wasn't trying to be annoying or to start anything, it was just a confirmation I'd read it correct 😞 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

I found one 130 metres from the hotel we're staying, so fingers crossed we'll be able to get it done there. 

My hotel in Civ has already responded that they will check out pharmacies for us! Suspect we are not the only ones to ask! 

• Like 1

Just now, PolytheneGirl said:

I've not travelled post covid era at all and I was just asking as a double check that I've understood what's required because its different between what Spain requires and what RCL requires 😞 

I wasn't trying to be annoying or to start anything, it was just a confirmation I'd read it correct 😞 

RCI is quite clear and the web site is correct - you need a negative test up two days out to board.

12 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

That's the big one, isn't it?

Given that testing was unlikely to go away I would have preferred it to be 2 days before as that would have let us test before flying.

Last year, we had to test at the terminal prior to boarding and that was horrible. I could just imagine one of us testing positive and having to spend 10 days in a Spanish quarantine hotel.

Mrs Baltic and I need to make a decision now. It did look like testing was going to remain but I’m still a little disappointed. It’s easy for retired cruisers to rearrange a cruise. For younger families aligning school holidays and time off work, it’s like throwing a dice to have a holiday. 

Just now, PolytheneGirl said:

As I say I was just hoping for some friendly "yups, all good, you've understood it right" 

Some folks DON'T understand what two days out means - you just want to know that the web site is correct - a bit of a difference.

Just now, Billy Baltic said:

Mrs Baltic and I need to make a decision now. It did look like testing was going to remain but I’m still a little disappointed. It’s easy for retired cruisers to rearrange a cruise. For younger families aligning school holidays and time off work, it’s like throwing a dice to have a holiday. 

Never a truer word. We don't have school-aged kids any more but we do both still work. And you just never know when it's going to strike. My nephew and his wife and two boys were supposed to coming out to me for the Easter holidays today... guess what? She's a teacher and the two kids are in nursery and they managed to avoid Covid all along, until now. :classic_sad:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

Wow rcl seem to have made it super hard and their "up to date" vaccine is different to the entry requirments for italy from the uk. 

From the uk gov website 

"a primary vaccination certificate (valid for 270 days from the date of the last dose for those who have had a full course of vaccines (both doses of a two-dose vaccine or one dose of a one-dose vaccine) or valid indefinitely for those who have had a full course plus a booster dose)"

Where as rcl have the vaccine and or booster within 270 days.....now most uk people had the booster before xmas so will not be up to date by rcl standards..... 

I believe this is probably incorrect and the booster is indefinite. Most likely just poor wording from Royal, but best to clarify with them, although that’s easier said than done 😂.

• Like 1

For the  Wonder 6 th May sailing
• All guests must produce a negative supervised antigen test result, administered no earlier than the 5th May (one day before sail date – it can be taken any time on this day). This will be at the guests’ expense.

26 minutes ago, little britain said:

My hotel in Civ has already responded that they will check out pharmacies for us! Suspect we are not the only ones to ask! 

Sail on May 16th out of Civ (a Monday). Pharmacies are closed on Sundays. We are staying in CIV.

It looks like RCL screwed us. Anybody have any ideas.

23 minutes ago, Empehi said:

Sail on May 16th out of Civ (a Monday). Pharmacies are closed on Sundays. We are staying in CIV.

The link I posted earlier https://www.salutelazio.it/elenco-farmacie-che-eseguono-tamponi-antigenici-rapidi show 3 pharmacies in Civitavecchia that do testing and they appear to open early, 8 am or 8.30 am. You could do it first thing on the Monday morning.

So if your cruise has multiple stops in the same country, will you have to pay the $55 each time you want to get off the ship?  

My booster shot will not be within 270 days.

Edited by bradg
Clarification

3 minutes ago, bradg said:

So if your cruise has multiple stops in the same country, will you have to pay the $55 each time you want to get off the ship?  

My booster shot will not be within 270 days.

Booster shots do not need to be within 270 days. They have no expiry date.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

Booster shots do not need to be within 270 days. They have no expiry date.

Fiona MG thank you for replying.  I see I can get onto the ship, but not sure about getting off.  This is what is concerning me, it's about going into port.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/if-i-am-not-up-to-date-on-vaccinations-in-europe-where-will-i-need-additional-testing

For the best European cruise experience, we strongly recommend guests be “up to date” on their COVID-19 vaccination and be prepared to present their physical vaccination record showing all doses, including their original vaccination series, as well as any booster doses they may have received if applicable.  

According to the European Medicines Agency (EMA), being up to date means you have had the second dose of your original vaccine series, or a booster dose, within the past 270 days – and that you were vaccinated with an EMA-approved vaccine: Pfizer, Moderna, Johnson & Johnson, Novavax (Nuvaxovid, Covovax), or Astrazeneca, or a vaccine authorized by the World Health Organization. If you need a booster dose, you can get it as soon as the day you board the cruise and will be considered up to date instantly.  

Guests age 12 and up (or 6 and up in select countries as indicated below) who are not up to date will need to complete additional testing onboard prior to going ashore in the ports listed below. For guests age 12 and up, the cost of the test is at their own expense, conducted onboard by a licensed third-party testing provider for $55 USD per test. Royal Caribbean does not retain any part of the testing costs. Any required testing for kids age 6 to 11 is complimentary: 

• Belgium 
  • Cyprus 
  • Denmark 
  • Estonia 
  • France  
  • Germany 
  • Greece (for guests 6 and up) 
  • Ireland 
  • Italy (for guests 6 and up) 
  • Latvia 
  • Montenegro 
  • The Netherlands 
  • Portugal 
Edited by bradg

1 hour ago, Empehi said:

Try contacting your hotel for their suggestions? 

Edited by little britain

29 minutes ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

Not the case with RCCL.  They have said to be "up to date" the booster needs to be within 270 days.  

They say "According to the European Medicines Agency (EMA)" who currently do not have a limit for boosters, only your primary dose/s. I think this is just poor English by RCCL. I read it as "According to the European Medicines Agency (EMA), being up to date means you have had the second dose of your original vaccine series within the past 270 days, OR a booster dose."

2 hours ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

From the uk gov website 

I thought the booster had to be in the last 270 days…. Mine was 4/Dec so good until September. 

Edited by little britain