RCI European Sailing Protocols

20 minutes ago, SummerXU said:

Can you show me where you see the update info? The website and my app still say up-to-date guests must show a negative test taken no more than 1 day before boarding. I really hope it's adjusted to 2 days because then we can test, and have that test be valid for boarding, before leaving home.

I'm still seeing 1 day before too. We're in the same position as you; 2 days before would let us test before leaving home, so it would be a really helpful development.

I'm guessing though, that since Italy is the odd one out in this respect, it must be a requirement of the Italian government, so not too hopeful of seeing it change. :classic_sad:

And as predicted; the Brits are up in arms on another site about their children being expected to wear masks….

Masks are optional for fully vaccinated guests. We expect unvaccinated children to continue wearing masks indoors and in crowded settings. Masks are required for all children age 2 and older while at the Adventure Ocean youth program. Guests under 2 do not have to wear a mask at any time. These protocols are subject to change.

1 hour ago, FionaMG said:

I'm still seeing 1 day before too. We're in the same position as you; 2 days before would let us test before leaving home, so it would be a really helpful development.

I'm guessing though, that since Italy is the odd one out in this respect, it must be a requirement of the Italian government, so not too hopeful of seeing it change. :classic_sad:

I bet you're right that it is dictated by the Italian government. I think there's still a slight bit of hope for updated testing requirements once their current protocols/phase expires on April 30. On May 1, their masking requirements are set to change again, so maybe we'll see some testing updates to align with other European counties. 

Edited by SummerXU
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, little britain said:

And as predicted; the Brits are up in arms on another site about their children being expected to wear masks….

Masks are optional for fully vaccinated guests. We expect unvaccinated children to continue wearing masks indoors and in crowded settings. Masks are required for all children age 2 and older while at the Adventure Ocean youth program. Guests under 2 do not have to wear a mask at any time. These protocols are subject to change.

It says 'expected', and it's absolutely insane to continue masking children (just my 2 cents). My unvaccinated (but recovered from Covid) didn't wear a mask last month on Anthem. Hell no.

5 hours ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

Italy been updated as well

5 hours ago, SummerXU said:

Can you show me where you see the update info? The website and my app still say up-to-date guests must show a negative test taken no more than 1 day before boarding. I really hope it's adjusted to 2 days because then we can test, and have that test be valid for boarding, before leaving home.

5 hours ago, little britain said:

At last Southampton is up: 

Before arriving on boarding day, you’ll need to take a COVID-19 test on your own, at your own expense, to meet our boarding requirements.

• Vaccinated guests who are up to date must show a negative result for an antigen test taken no more than 2 days before boarding day.

5 hours ago, FionaMG said:

3 hours ago, SummerXU said:

I bet you're right that it is dictated by the Italian government. I think there's still a slight bit of hope for updated testing requirements once their current protocols/phase expires on April 30. On May 1, their masking requirements are set to change again, so maybe we'll see some testing updates to align with other European counties. 

Same "conundrum" for us too...

We're "up-to-date" (2x Pfizer, 2xBooster), and until a few days ago, it was 2 days for Italy.

Now is one day (which really doesn't make sense... since we're supposed to be the most "protected").... whereas Barcelona and UK ask for 2 days.

• Like 1

On 4/13/2022 at 9:36 AM, John&LaLa said:

Grills at the port

Squid Lips on the river, farthest from port

Florida Fresh for the best food

Pier might be fun, haven't been since Westgate took it over

Sand Bar for fish tacos, but it's primarily a bar with food

Where are you staying

Sorry for late reply, was in Vegas, then busy with work and just replying.

For a one night stay at the Four Points Sheraton. Easy walk to the beach, easy walk to mini putt, just havent decided if we will Uber with an XL vehicle or rent and drop off at port and from there a short shuttle to cruise.

Thanks for the info!

They have changed the wording for up to date to say booster has no expiration.

1. You received your most recent vaccine dose no more than 9 months (270 days) ago. This could have been the final dose in your original vaccine series (or a single dose of Johnson & Johnson), or a booster dose. Guests that have received a booster dose will qualify regardless of the amount of time that has passed since receiving their booster.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

1. You received your most recent vaccine dose no more than 9 months (270 days) ago. This could have been the final dose in your original vaccine series (or a single dose of Johnson & Johnson), or a booster dose. Guests that have received a booster dose will qualify regardless of the amount of time that has passed since receiving their booster.

It does make me laugh that we were all saying this when the protocol s first came out, yet taken rcl this long to sort their wording out!!! Lol

On 4/19/2022 at 12:43 PM, SummerXU said:

Watching closely as we fly into Rome on May 7th for May 9th cruise

• Like 1

13 hours ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

It does make me laugh that we were all saying this when the protocol s first came out, yet taken rcl this long to sort their wording out!!! Lol

Hello,

When either Shaw or Wilde said we were 'two peoples separated by a common language' either one failed to mention grammar or punctuation.

Regards,

Cublet

14 hours ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

When I look at the protocols for Southampton (on the UK website) the wording is unchanged, where did you see the updated version?

• You received your most recent vaccine dose no more than 9 months (270 days) ago. This could have been the final dose in your original vaccine series (or a single dose of Johnson & Johnson), or a booster dose. 

• Your most recent vaccine dose is on this list of EMA-approved vaccines: 

4 hours ago, Mike.S said:

When I look at the protocols for Southampton (on the UK website) the wording is unchanged, where did you see the updated version?

• You received your most recent vaccine dose no more than 9 months (270 days) ago. This could have been the final dose in your original vaccine series (or a single dose of Johnson & Johnson), or a booster dose. 

• Your most recent vaccine dose is on this list of EMA-approved vaccines: 

Under Barcelona.

• Thanks 1

The US website shows the updated wording for cruises ex-Southampton: "Guests that have received a booster dose will qualify regardless of the amount of time that has passed since receiving their booster."

Guess they just forgot to update the UK website.

14 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

The US website shows the updated wording for cruises ex-Southampton: "Guests that have received a booster dose will qualify regardless of the amount of time that has passed since receiving their booster."

Guess they just forgot to update the UK website.

It's updated now, got to love Royal's IT systems

2 hours ago, suehal said:

I'm also waiting on Amsterdam. Final payment is June.  I don't want to be stressed out to go on vacation

It's posted. Pretty much as expected, testing requirement 2 days before boarding like the other European departures. Unless you're unvaccinated (which should be rare since vaccines are required for 12 and up) then it's 1 day.

15 hours ago, Fabulous97 said:

Barcelona, Spain rules are not the same as Southampton, U.K. ones. It definitely cannot be over 270 days for the booster. 

I think I will just stay onboard!

Not sure where you got this info.  The booster does not have an expiration date.  If you are boosted the 270 day limit for your original vaccinations doesn't apply.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, crazyank said:

Not sure where you got this info.  The booster does not have an expiration date.  If you are boosted the 270 day limit for your original vaccinations doesn't apply.

It still says it on my Cruise planner app all as clear as mud! 😊

we leave Southampton 22 May we meet the criteria whichever one it is!