Need advice on booking a Refundable Deposit on board soon

We'll be booking a Refundable Deposit ($100.00) pp  7 nighter for May 2023 while on board the Symphony next week. As in the past is there still a $100.00 OBC per cabin for booking on the ship?  Also Is there any way that I could loose the OBC between March 2022 and May 2023?

52 minutes ago, DJLDRUMS said:

We'll be booking a Refundable Deposit ($100.00) pp  7 nighter for May 2023 while on board the Symphony next week. As in the past is there still a $100.00 OBC per cabin for booking on the ship?  Also Is there any way that I could loose the OBC between March 2022 and May 2023?

If you are booking a refundable deposit booking you need to pay the full deposit AND the amount of OBC is reduced.  I just tried this and they could not tell me how much the OBC would be for a refundable booking without me going thru the entire booking process.  So I did not book

• Like 1

1 minute ago, molly361 said:

If you are booking a refundable deposit booking you need to pay the full deposit AND the amount of OBC is reduced.  I just tried this and they could not tell me how much the OBC would be for a refundable booking without me going thru the entire booking process.  So I did not book

Oh, oh!!! thats not good. No doubt theyre pushing people to book non refundable. Maybe where I'll be booking on board will make a difference? Did you try to book with RCI or another TA?

6 minutes ago, DJLDRUMS said:

Oh, oh!!! thats not good. No doubt theyre pushing people to book non refundable. Maybe where I'll be booking on board will make a difference? Did you try to book with RCI or another TA?

This was on the ship  I was just inquiring as to what the OBC was for a 7 day cruise refundable no TA involved.  They seem to be geared to those booking refundable.  I knew that it would not be the $100 for 7 days refundable and thought they would have the answer but NOT.  I have not booked onboard since they started the NRD thing.

4 minutes ago, molly361 said:

This was on the ship  I was just inquiring as to what the OBC was for a 7 day cruise refundable no TA involved.  They seem to be geared to those booking refundable.  I knew that it would not be the $100 for 7 days refundable and thought they would have the answer but NOT.  I have not booked onboard since they started the NRD thing.

Which ship were you on when you inquired at Next Cruise? Still where you didn't book on board. don't you think you still could have made out better?

1 hour ago, DJLDRUMS said:

Why don't you find an agent with group rates that have a price advantage.  Group rates are refundable.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DJLDRUMS said:

Which ship were you on when you inquired at Next Cruise? Still where you didn't book on board. don't you think you still could have made out better?

It was either Indy or Mariner-  I think the only incentive for a 7 night cruise was going to be $50 OBC not worth it to me  Full deposit required

3 minutes ago, molly361 said:

It was either Indy or Mariner-  I think the only incentive for a 7 night cruise was going to be $50 OBC not worth it to me  Full deposit required

Thanks for that info.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LadyBerard said:

Why don't you find an agent with group rates that have a price advantage.  Group rates are refundable.

Doing a "side to side" and that I'd do better with booking on the ship to book for us and another couple, and want to do a refundable.  The group rate thing wasn't thought of by going through a TA. 

25 minutes ago, LadyBerard said:

20 minutes ago, DJLDRUMS said:

Thanks for that info.

Most of my bookings now are group rates thru a TA.  I'm retired and am pretty flexible with dates

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, DJLDRUMS said:

It is the same policy on every ship.  Refundable requires full deposit and you get reduced obc.

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

It never hurts to drop by NextCruise and ask them to quote it as refundable.  

Sometimes they come through, sometimes they are a dud.  Price it on the website so you have an idea of what prices are like.

Remember you can visit royalcaribbean.com for free on the ship WiFi without buying a Voom plan.  That way you can look at website rates right before you talk to NextCruise.

• Thanks 2