Helicopter Pad

W283386

On 3/17/2022 at 7:56 PM, odysee said:

We were invited several times to helipad for sail away or sailing into port with drinks and nibbles (before Covid) and think it was due to Elite Plus status

We have been invited x2 as Elite members.

The first time was from Stockholm.

The 2nd from Copenhagen.

Edited by upwarduk

11 minutes ago, PSU said:

Our best helipad sail away was down the Grand Canal in Venice when ships could still do that. The sun was setting and all the small boats and water taxis were around us. Celebrity was playing the song by Andrea Bocelli Time to Say Goodbye or Con te parttiro.

It was one in a lifetime experience.

For anyone on one the Ravenna cruises this summer, Andrea is performing on July 7 in Parma, about 2 hours from the ship, if the cruise is an overnight, wow what a way to spend a night in Italy!

• Like 1

On the Silhouette today there will be a sailing out of Cartagena for Retreat guest but instead of being on the Helipad it will be on the Retreat Sundeck on Decks 15 and 16.  

I believe due to the high winds we have been experiencing they have not had any entering or leaving port events on the Helipad, not to mention two of the ports we left after 1030 PM 

1 hour ago, emmas gran said:

Sail-away from Sydney Australia takes a lot of beating, did it on Solstice

We have four RT Sydney and one more from Sydney next year. I hope we get to experience a helipad sail in or out. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 5waldos said:

I must be missing something here. Could someone explain to me the appeal of the helipad? 

Probably the free drinks.  Oops no longer important with the Always Included promotion.  Never mind.  No appeal.

11 minutes ago, 5waldos said:

I must be missing something here. Could someone explain to me the appeal of the helipad? 

For us the appeal is the expansive view.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

For us the appeal is the expansive view.

Just book the Iconic Suite, you won't have to deal with crowds, can wear flip flops, open toe shoes and it will only set you back $50k or so.

1 minute ago, LGW59 said:

Just book the Iconic Suite, you won't have to deal with crowds, can wear flip flops, open toe shoes and it will only set you back $50k or so.

I need to amend what I said.  Helipad appeal: I like the expansive views and the price.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, lola2013 said:

On my first Celebrity cruise, we sailed into Venice listening to Andrea Boccelli on the sound system; I still get chills thinking about it!!!

We sailed into Venice on the Connie...

Same - listening to Andrea Bocelli & sipping Prosecco...

What an Amazing Experience!!

Beside the overnight in port, we had an additional 3 Nights in Venice facing the Grand Canal. 

Our location was Wonderful.

We've always wanted to return to sail out of Venice - unfortunately that it is not to be.

However, we may spend a few days in Venice again, on another trip 🙂

We sailed with some friends a couple weeks ago and it was their first Celebrity sailing, we were fortunate to be in the PH and they received an invitation to a sail-in to St Thomas.  We were joking with them about how they must really be special and that we didn't receive anything like that even being in the PH.  When I commented to our Butler how happy there were, he said that day was "first to brand" guests were invited, the next day was going to be higher suites and Zenith's.  He didn't say what was scheduled after that, but we did receive an invite on the next day as he indicated.

We were just on the Equinox and were invited for a sailaway from Dominica.  We are not sure why but we definitely enjoyed it.  2 of us are select and one was classic level.  We were in a regular veranda room.  It was a beautiful evening and something different that we hadn't done before.  We thought it was really nice that they invite people at random like that.  

On 3/17/2022 at 7:28 PM, chemmo said:

Make sure you let the concierge know this is on your wish list. We have experienced sail away cruises with champagne and sail ins (early morning)  with hot chocolate, both very enjoyable.

Also let the concierge know if you are interested in any behind the scenes tours (galley, theatre, bridge…). Owing to distancing they may not be available at present but we have thoroughly enjoyed on previous cruises.

We have been lucky enough to do the helipad, bridge, full ship tour with engine control room etc and lunch at Murano, plus a crew party and a crew wedding reception. All free

• Like 1

On 4/4/2022 at 9:52 AM, lola2013 said:

On my first Celebrity cruise, we sailed into Venice listening to Andrea Boccelli on the sound system; I still get chills thinking about it!!!

Andrea Boccelli anywhere can give ya chills!  😍

• Like 1

We are ELITE status and received invites.

...agree with most comments.   Being on the helipad for a sail in or out can be fun...something out of the norm.   Can get windy.  Passengers and crew always happy to take pics for you.  Our sail out of Montenegro was nice except for some wind and rain!   ..,so ya never know what you're gonna get!  The crew did still passed out drinks and umbrellas!    ☺️