Power Up Points

realnice46

This seems a little silly but I’m so frustrated with the  Captains Club power up points. I read the article , make notes , answer the questions, review. All my answers are correct but it still sorry so close try again. I usually just give up but I’m is getting ridiculous. Anyone else have this issue? I know answers are correct way am I doing wrong?

The one that came out today rejected the first time- I made two changes when I submitted it the second time and it accepted it.

One was to only put the first name of the person they were asking for instead of using the first and last name. The other was to use the character for a number instead of spelling the number out (example: 1 instead of one).

I'm not sure which of those two changes were the ones needed (maybe both?) but I agree- it is very frustrating.

6 minutes ago, vms said:

The one that came out today rejected the first time- I made two changes when I submitted it the second time and it accepted it.

One was to only put the first name of the person they were asking for instead of using the first and last name. The other was to use the character for a number instead of spelling the number out (example: 1 instead of one).

I'm not sure which of those two changes were the ones needed (maybe both?) but I agree- it is very frustrating.

same thing happened to me.  My fault for cuting/pasting answers.   

Same issue. The first time I thought I mistyped or misspelled something, so I did it a second time. It still said I was wrong. So I did it a third time - the only change I made was using the number for the last question rather than writing out the number. That doesn't make sense to me as the number is written out in the article. I tried to follow the format of the article (I.e. if the article said two, I wrote two. If the article said 2, I wrote 2), but clearly that's not what it wanted. So the 3rd time it appeared to accept it, but I got a screen that said congrats, you appear to have entered all questions. If you had the right answers, you will get 10 Power Up Points. So who knows? I know my answers were correct. They were easy questions.

The response I received after filling out todays questionnaire was

”you have completed all the sentences! If you answered all questions correctly you will receive 10 power up points”

Anyone know how long it takes to find out if they were answered correctly?

59 minutes ago, sls28 said:

The response I received after filling out todays questionnaire was

”you have completed all the sentences! If you answered all questions correctly you will receive 10 power up points”

Anyone know how long it takes to find out if they were answered correctly?

If you got that message, they were all correct.

2 hours ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

No problem for me.  All correct answers the first time.  Just a little attention to detail.

No, it was not "a little attention to detail". Attention to detail would mean spelling out the number in the final question, as that was the way the material was presented - you would be picking up on the detail of when the numeral was used and when it was written out and following that format. You had to go AGAINST the formatting and use a numeral rather than the written out number. So, no, it was not that the rest of us did not have attention to detail. If anything, it was that we were too precise in our answers.

24 minutes ago, DD said:

No, it was not "a little attention to detail". Attention to detail would mean spelling out the number in the final question, as that was the way the material was presented - you would be picking up on the detail of when the numeral was used and when it was written out and following that format. You had to go AGAINST the formatting and use a numeral rather than the written out number. So, no, it was not that the rest of us did not have attention to detail. If anything, it was that we were too precise in our answers.

Sorry, it was a lack of attention to detail.   People were trying to take a short-cut by cutting and pasting and got caught.  All of the answers should be capitalized when used in the context of the questions.   If the previous answers that involved numbers did not involve spelling the number why would you expect "Four" would be the correct answer.  Sorry, cut and paste is sloppy.

I did the quiz a zillion times. All my answers were correct and I used the numerals and not the words. I did it on my phone, my tablet and on my computer. I cleared the cache and even did it on an Incognito window and kept getting the dreaded "so close" message. I finally did it one last time using all lower case letters and not clicking the autofill suggestions, but instead typing in each answer. I think the problem that many of us encountered was that when we clicked on the autofill suggestions even though those were correct autofill added a space (we couldn't see that but the computer grading the quiz did) at the end of each answer that caused it to be wrong. When I typed in each answer instead of clicking the autofill it was accepted.

I had to go back and click on the email link to get the answers accepted after four tries changing answers.  And I did use the word "four" for the final one.  The other answers I used were numeric.  Worst quiz to complete ever.

3 hours ago, LeeW said:

I had to go back and click on the email link to get the answers accepted after four tries changing answers.  And I did use the word "four" for the final one.  The other answers I used were numeric.  Worst quiz to complete ever.

Come on, does that really surprise you?  Bad couple of weeks for Celebrity.  First the Spain debacle and now this quiz.  

I had no trouble at all. I looked at the question, found the answer in the linked article (very easy to do because the sentences were quotes from the article), typed in the answer, and submitted. Bingo. 

I don't know how long it took, but it took so little time that I didn't care. 

I actually wrote l quite liked the article. 

On 3/17/2022 at 7:18 PM, DD said:

If this is frustrating for you don't do it.  You get ONE Captain's Club point.  The questions were clear and giving you the numerical answer for question #1 should have made it pretty simple.

Not worth stressing over 1 point.  

• 2 weeks later...