Riviera diverts to Nassau

doublebzz

58 minutes ago, doublebzz said:

Looking at the marine forecasts, I see heavy seas in mid-Atlantic.  I expect Riviera will navigate a southern route around 25 degrees latitude all the way across to Lisbon.

Still a lot of fun just being on the ship. Travel safe.  

That is disappointing and I’m sorry that you are missing Bermuda. We hit a lot of bad weather last week and missed two of our best ports so I do understand. Treat yourself to a spa treatment or an extra dessert (or two). Or better yet, La Reserve. We still had fun and hope you will too!

• Like 2

I was looking at that Atlantic storm on radar last night.  It's HUGE.  Massive.  It looked like a late summer hurricane.

Clearly, O had no option here.  I wouldn't want to be within 300 nautical miles of that thing.

1 hour ago, FlyerTalker said:

For reference:

https://www.oceanweather.com/data/

Very useful to have bookmarked while sailing.

Also:  https://www.windy.com/

Our Ponant Captain used this to explain why we couldn't complete the circumnavigation of Iceland.

• Like 1

A request for those at sea enjoying your peaceful sea days. When the opportunity arises, please pop by the OCA desk and ask when the preview and release of the next batch of cruises ( late 2023-early 24) is going to occur. I had thought next week, but now it appears to be later.  Thanks! 🥂

On 3/19/2022 at 5:08 AM, doublebzz said:

Looking at the marine forecasts, I see heavy seas in mid-Atlantic.  I expect Riviera will navigate a southern route around 25 degrees latitude all the way across to Lisbon.

As of today we are at 30 degrees north, 53 minutes.  Sunny day in 70s I think, bit of wind made pickleball a challenge, but pool relaxing or back of ship dining was very nice.

Edited by Pizzasteve