Silver Spirits Pkg & Specialty Coffees

jss5200

8 hours ago, FlyerTalker said:

I think that many of the "included" wines are less than basic.  Some were just plain bad.  And I don't mean bad from the perspective of a wine snob, but just that they should have come served in a brown paper bag as you'd find in a New York subway.

In addition, the included beer and wine is only at lunch and dinner, so if you wanted a glass between those meal times, you are off the included drinks and now paying for the beverage.

Your choice.

We like an occasional G&T,, and sometimes a glass of fizz before dinner, as well as the nicer wines with meals, so the package works well for us.

19 hours ago, Squawkman said:

Never knew about the coffee and pastries in the Deck 1 bar. Thanks - my wife is salivating over that bun….

I plan to have a picture of it before me for my daily morning sample into the spit tube. Thanks for the suggestion!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, LindaS272 said:

I plan to have a picture of it before me for my daily morning sample into the spit tube. Thanks for the suggestion!

I followed Clay's idea of getting the pistachio bun in the Living Room (along with my tea latte) and taking it to the Restaurant to have with the lamb chops for breakfast - yum!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, FlyerTalker said:

I think that many of the "included" wines are less than basic.  Some were just plain bad.  And I don't mean bad from the perspective of a wine snob, but just that they should have come served in a brown paper bag as you'd find in a New York subway.

I have to agree about the included wines. 

We often just bit the bullet and ordered better wines. The cost per glass was very reasonable. But even the “better” wines by the glass weren’t that stellar, frankly, and we’re no oenophiles. Maybe on our next cruise we’ll try to hit up a wine store somewhere. 

Life is too short to drink bad wine. 

• Like 2

We just boarded the Viking Sea for its TA to Barcelona. The serious drinkers are already bellying up to the bar(s). Overheard near the Aquavit Terrace: “I don’t eat food, I just drink beer!”

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SJD117 said:

We just boarded the Viking Sea for its TA to Barcelona. The serious drinkers are already bellying up to the bar(s). Overheard near the Aquavit Terrace: “I don’t eat food, I just drink beer!”

On a cruise a few years ago there was two couples from what we call "up north" who could be counted upon to be occupying the same seats at the same bar for extended periods every day. Basically they had just traded the cruise bar for the bar at the local muni/moose/vfw/legion. Sad.

• Like 1

some green juice

Viking calls the "green juice" drink Vitamin Boost.  We had one every morning because it is a healthy drink.  In our experience (on two different cruises), the taste varied every day because it seemed to be made slightly different every day.   Some days were better than others, but we always had one.

And oh yea, we definitely got our moneys worth with the SSPB.

• Like 2

The big rub to the SSBP is that both of us have to buy into it. While I would certainly exceed $20 per day, my SO would not. I like the idea of not mentially pricing each drink (which I can't resist), so the package is tempting even if we don't hit the average. But there are other factors to consider. Perhaps the chief one is that we can bring alcohol on board. I believe the restaurant will even hold our unfinished bottle until the next day. Our next cruise is from Venice, so I can stock up on fine wines at amazingly good prices on day one.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, austinetc said:

The big rub to the SSBP is that both of us have to buy into it. While I would certainly exceed $20 per day, my SO would not. I like the idea of not mentially pricing each drink (which I can't resist), so the package is tempting even if we don't hit the average. But there are other factors to consider. Perhaps the chief one is that we can bring alcohol on board. I believe the restaurant will even hold our unfinished bottle until the next day. Our next cruise is from Venice, so I can stock up on fine wines at amazingly good prices on day one.

We have done this but with liquor.  When we hit a port with a duty free, we buy a bottle of gin and are set-well at least once we get some lime from the bar. 

Well, I'll have to try the green juice in the Deck 1 Bar also - maybe while I'm waiting on my latte to be brewed! And maybe a pastry too..... Perhaps the healthy green drink will offset the not so healthy pastry! Oh well, it's vacation and time to indulge 🙂

• Like 2