Ships with no Coastal Kitchen? (In a suite)

Coastal Kitchen is unique to Oasis and Quantum class and offered as part of the Royal Suite product exclusive to these two classes of ships.  The Royal Suite product includes Sea, Sky and Star class.  

Older ships do not have this Royal Suite program and there is no dedicated suite restaurant.  

On the older ships there is a suite breakfast offered in either Chops or Giovanni's depending on the ship.  No other meals are offered for suites on the older ships. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On some of the older ships without a CK, there is a suites breakfast. It has been really sad and you are better off in the MDR or Windjammer. 

image.thumb.png.1bb13257d45ea731749b4c90e8780573.png

image.png.0ab2e920797d7b866abbe186e6c2823b.png

(Stuff they are pulling from the windjammer just outside the door... when I serve eggs at home, they are in a lot better shape than these "VIP" eggs)

image.png.879a5ce54acbab07614b657751cf5033.png

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

On some of the older ships without a CK, there is a suites breakfast. It has been really sad and you are better off in the MDR or Windjammer. 

image.thumb.png.1bb13257d45ea731749b4c90e8780573.png

image.png.0ab2e920797d7b866abbe186e6c2823b.png

(Stuff they are pulling from the windjammer just outside the door... when I serve eggs at home, they are in a lot better shape than these "VIP" eggs)

image.png.879a5ce54acbab07614b657751cf5033.png

Do VIP eggs come from VIP chickens?  Maybe that's why they look sad.

Tom

• Haha 6

WE came off the Independence  2 weeks ago doing a 11 day 3 back to back.  Suite breakfast was at Chops and Giovanies was for Pinnacle depending on the number aboard. There were 3 pinn's the first cruise,11, the second and 14 the third so suites and Pinn's all ate in Chops. We ate there every morning and never full and great service  and food daily. They had  2 chefs every day and  3rd would pop in and out. We were on Allure for 22 days in Jan and Feb. and ate in  Chops  and enjoyed  more than coastal.  Nancy & Bob

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, villager70 said:

We were on Allure for 22 days in Jan and Feb. and ate in  Chops  and enjoyed  more than coastal.  Nancy & Bob

We are sailing in a suite later in the year on Allure. Just looking for clarification…Chops has breakfast?  Is it just for suite guests or anyone? That would be more convenient for us because we decided to book an Owner’s Suite on one of the lower decks because we wanted the jumbo balcony. Chops would be closer than CK. 

6 minutes ago, monorail81 said:

We are sailing in a suite later in the year on Allure. Just looking for clarification…Chops has breakfast?  Is it just for suite guests or anyone? That would be more convenient for us because we decided to book an Owner’s Suite on one of the lower decks because we wanted the jumbo balcony. Chops would be closer than CK. 

Allure has Coastal Kitchen, so you would have breakfast in CK.  On ships without CK, breakfast is offered in one of the specialty restaurants.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, monorail81 said:

Love the owners suite but you will have breakfast and all other meals in CK , we prefer specialty s we buy UDP so we can have all dinners and some lunches in specialty.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, monorail81 said:

Oasis class ships has CK breakfast for suite guests.  Pinnacles can have breakfast in CK but there is also an alternate breakfast in Chopsis for Pinnacles to relieve crowding in CK.  

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...

According to RC, suite guests on ships wi9thout coastal kitchen will have special seating for breakfast and lunch depending on the ship.  We will be on Enchantment at the end of January so are curious where our breakfast and lunch will be.  Of course we are in the MDR for dinner, and the last time we were one her the food was pretty good.

1 hour ago, cliffs56 said:

According to RC, suite guests on ships wi9thout coastal kitchen will have special seating for breakfast and lunch depending on the ship.  We will be on Enchantment at the end of January so are curious where our breakfast and lunch will be.  Of course we are in the MDR for dinner, and the last time we were one her the food was pretty good.

You have breakfast in specialty, lunch is normally limited to a section in windjammer, rccl suite perks for non oasis ships sucks. Way prefer Celebrity perks which are consistent across ships.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Hi, So, for Owner's Suite on Adv of the Seas.  Any perks for dining?  Breakfast? Lunch? And for dinner, is there a diff menu or added items on the dinner menu? Is there a different area of seating for guests? ....so that the ratio of servers-cruisers is higher? Thanks!

15 minutes ago, VickyMcG said:

Hi, So, for Owner's Suite on Adv of the Seas.  Any perks for dining?  Breakfast? Lunch? And for dinner, is there a diff menu or added items on the dinner menu? Is there a different area of seating for guests? ....so that the ratio of servers-cruisers is higher? Thanks!

The only suite amenity dining on AD will be breakfast in a specialty venue (most likely, Chops).  To my knowledge none of the ships have special sections of the MDR for upper level C&A members or suites anymore.  In most cases, suites can go to the head of the line for MDR seating but before trying this I would check with the suites Concierge to make sure that it is a “thing” on AD. They may or may not allow the head-of-the-line thing.  In the old days you could just flash your suites seapass and the dining herders knew to take you to the front.  Not sure what they’re doing these days.

No special menu items that I am aware of.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, VickyMcG said:

In suite dining from the MDR menu is quite nice in an OS (has a real dining table in the suite)

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

The only suite amenity dining on AD will be breakfast in a specialty venue (most likely, Chops).  To my knowledge none of the ships have special sections of the MDR for upper level C&A members or suites anymore.  In most cases, suites can go to the head of the line for MDR seating but before trying this I would check with the suites Concierge to make sure that it is a “thing” on AD. They may or may not allow the head-of-the-line thing.  In the old days you could just flash your suites seapass and the dining herders knew to take you to the front.  Not sure what they’re doing these days.

No special menu items that I am aware of.

that is informative, thank you.  Maybe I'll book some dining pkgs. I dunno.  Some offerings are 20% off

Edited by VickyMcG
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, VickyMcG said:

Oh, that sounds nice. thanks

We usually dine in suite 3-4 evenings on a cruise. You can also order in from the MDR menu for breakfast and lunch (any time the dining room is open). No charge for suites. 

We are on Grandeur in September, and DW has already decided that we will be dining in the suite every evening.😍

Edited by orville99
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, orville99 said:

We usually dine in suite 3-4 evenings on a cruise. You can also order in from the MDR menu for breakfast and lunch (any time the dining room is open). No charge for suites. 

We are on Grandeur in September, and DW has already decided that we will be dining in the suite every evening.😍

Good one that I forgot

Ad has a suite/Pinnacle checkin for MTD.  No need to wait in the res or no res line.

WAlk past and you will see them.

Breakfast is either in chops (deck 4) or Giovanni (left of WJ).

Edited by mo&fran
  • Thanks 1

We have had 2 grand suites on Adventure, 2017 and May 2023.  Breakfast is now in Giovanni's, and suite lounge is on 14 with outside deck overlooking basketball court.  We do My Time, and waited quite long the first night; after that, seems we were whisked right to table in MDR.  Only specialty dinner for us was Giovanni's.  The officers come to the suite lounge occasionally.  One night I heard someone talking to me, turned and saw the blue jacket and gold stripes.  Captain Jaret himself; what a character.  

• Like 1