Club Class Breakfast

Sea Hag

2 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Another thing one has been able to order that isn't exactly on the menu is to order the Fettuccine Alfredo and ask them to slice a chicken breast on top. This is something I've seen referenced multiple times. It never hurts to ask...

Grilled shrimp is my "go to" Alfredo.

21 hours ago, Billish said:

Champagne and freshly squeezed orange juice. 

Two parts champagne to one part orange juice. 

A Mimosa is a watered down version, with two parts O/J to one part champagne,  so hardly worth drinking !

You're supposed to measure?!?!?

Oops!

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Thrak said:

If there is something you would like that is not on the menu one has been able - in the past  - to request it for the next night. Many people have reported success with that approach. A man at our table on one cruise mentioned to the waiter that he loved the great onion rings on Lido deck but they were almost always all gone when he went to get them. The next night the waiter presented our table of 8 with a large platter of perfectly made golden brown onion rings. The guy didn't even really ask for them - he only mentioned how much he liked them - and they magically appeared the next night.

Another thing one has been able to order that isn't exactly on the menu is to order the Fettuccine Alfredo and ask them to slice a chicken breast on top. This is something I've seen referenced multiple times. It never hurts to ask...

We had this same experience pre-covid cruising.  Our favorite app was calamari and we missed it, but the head waiter had it waiting for us the next night!  

15 hours ago, caribill said:

Also for lunch on embarkation day.

Is this still going now?  We are planning on getting on the ship bright and early so we will need some lunch and I dislike schlupping up to the buffet.  (I sound so pretentious!)  

Also, can someone confirm which DR the Club is on Discovery?  

5 hours ago, memoak said:

The extra entree in club class is a set item. You cannot order whatever strikes your fancy

My 1st Princess cruise is this fall, so I do not not know if the service is different from HAL.  On HAL many times on my 120 Days on board, when I want something off the menu, I ask the day before and every time as long as they had the ingredents they fulfilled my request.  I do not push the envelope too far, I do this usually one time per cruise.

1 hour ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Grilled shrimp is my "go to" Alfredo.

My “go to” as well if there isn’t something on the menu I like. On our last couple cruises in 2021 I had no problem requesting Shrimp Alfredo as an entree for dinner. I discovered this little tip on another CC thread. Love all the helpful tips I’ve found on this website over the last year.

19 minutes ago, scooter6139 said:

Is this still going now?  We are planning on getting on the ship bright and early so we will need some lunch and I dislike schlupping up to the buffet.  (I sound so pretentious!)  

Also, can someone confirm which DR the Club is on Discovery?  

Skagway.

• Thanks 1

I really miss being able to order the Fettucinne Alfredo with the Parmesan Bowl. It was awesome. I always got it as an appetizer even though it wasn't listed as an appetizer. THIS is a great tip for those who don't know. Many things that are listed as a "main" can be ordered as an appetizer. Obviously it's a smaller portion and that is what we wanted. Do Not Be Afraid to ask if you can have it in an appetizer size. It works. Sadly, the parmesan bowl seems to have disappeared BUT I would not be afraid to ask for it. I'm sure some of the chefs miss being able to offer that and some of them may well grant your wish. Princess has always been amazing when it comes to "granting your wish". If you ask and they say, "No" you have lost nothing. If they say, "Yes" you will likely be a Princess cruiser again.

6 hours ago, scooter6139 said:

Is this still going now?  We are planning on getting on the ship bright and early so we will need some lunch and I dislike schlepping up to the buffet.  (I sound so pretentious!)  

If the dining room is open for lunch on embarkation day (and it still usually is), there will be a Club Class section.

• Thanks 1