MedallionNet Wi-Fi (1-device) Question

tcdcruiser

From what I understand now as soon as you switch devices it automatically logs you out of the other one. But you do not need the 4 device one unless you use more than 1 device at the same time.

Edited by Moondogy

2 hours ago, tcdcruiser said:

I have the Medallion App on both devices.

Thanks

Having the app on each device really does not matter.  Accessing the Internet is not dependent on having the app loaded.  You simply open your browser, go to "logon.com" and it will step you through getting that device registered.  It will ask you several questions such as name, cabin number and birth date to "prove" you are who you say you are.  You will then see a message that the device is registered and ready for use.  Then you go to "logoff.com" and you can register the next device.

As @Moondogy says, when you actually start to use your second device you *may* not need to log off the first device.  I have seen that happen once before on a previous cruise but then on a subsequent cruise it didn't seem to want to cooperate and I had to do the logoff bit.  YMMV

39 minutes ago, PC168 said:

I plan to bring my laptop on board, I have a question: how can I access the Wi-fi with my laptop consider I only purchase 1-device? Thanks.

It was mentioned in the above post.  Connect to the ship's WiFi, and go to logon.com

Answer the questions shown in order to register your device. Go to logoff.com when you are finished your session.

• Like 1

I use smart phone only. My wife uses both phone and tablet.

We have always got individual accounts. But 4-device account is same as two individual accounts.

Pros and cons?

Edited by jimmieg
Spelling

2 hours ago, jimmieg said:

I use smart phone only. My wife uses both phone and tablet.

We have always got individual accounts. But 4-device account is same as two individual accounts.

Pros and cons?

By one 4-device plan for a couple instead of two 1-device plans.  Same cost and you have double the simultaneous connections.  It's a no-brainer.

If you buy the PLUS, you could upgrade one person to a 4-device plan if you want the extra connections.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tcdcruiser said:

Can I log-in to the internet on my iPhone in the morning, then log-off.  Then log-in to the internet on my iPad in the afternoon.   I have the Medallion App on both devices.

Thanks

Yes you can. When I was using my IPhone I had to transfer my wi-Fi connection to my IPad. 

Tom😀

23 hours ago, cruisingram1 said:

If I have the 4 device internet plan, do all the individuals who log on have to be in the same cabin?

No. 

I cruised with my daughter last month for two cruises, each in our own cabin. I bought the 4-device plan. She was able to use both her laptop and phone at the same time (she was working on the cruise) and I used my phone and iPad. 

• Like 1

On 3/22/2022 at 7:54 PM, tcdcruiser said:

Can I log-in to the internet on my iPhone in the morning, then log-off.  Then log-in to the internet on my iPad in the afternoon.   I have the Medallion App on both devices.

Thanks

yes