The Daily for Thursday 03/24/2022

richwmn

I expected more toots as well.  I did look forward a bit on the schedule.  On Saturday, Nieuw Amsterdam is doing a charter turnaround.  Arrival is 5:45 and charter departure is 23:30.  Like last week, NA is coming in to Pier 26, blocking Celebrity Reflection but blocked by Celebrity Apex.  This time NA will shift to Pier 21 after Apex leaves, so Reflection will not need to go around her.

Roy

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Good afternoon.  I'm back from my streetcar ride downtown.  It's interesting riding the old streetcars that I remember from my youth.  I took advantage of being close to Macy's to see if they had some good bargains on things I would like.  They didn't have any bargains or anything I wanted, but I got to see another part of San Francisco, including some of the homeless population.  Next week, I'll head in a different direction.

@JazzyV  Vanessa, I hope your dentist keeps his promise and replaces the crown at no charge.

@Cruzin Terri  Terri, that's good news that the numbers are down and close to normal.

@marshhawk  Please listnen to your sisters and get those tests done.  If there is a conflict with one of DH's appointments, you might consider sending him by Uber.

Lenda

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Good afternoon.  I'm back from my streetcar ride downtown.  It's interesting riding the old streetcars that I remember from my youth.  I took advantage of being close to Macy's to see if they had some good bargains on things I would like.  They didn't have any bargains or anything I wanted, but I got to see another part of San Francisco, including some of the homeless population.  Next week, I'll head in a different direction.

@JazzyV  Vanessa, I hope your dentist keeps his promise and replaces the crown at no charge.

@Cruzin Terri  Terri, that's good news that the numbers are down and close to normal.

@marshhawk  Please listnen to your sisters and get those tests done.  If there is a conflict with one of DH's appointments, you might consider sending him by Uber.

Lenda

Lenda, which pier is Koningsdam docking at in SF?  And do you know if it will be the same on the next leg?

and I noticed on the Navigator that there is no Happy Hour on Sunday  when  we board, so how about getting together on Monday when we are in Avalon, with @AV8rixand @Live4cruises.  Do you frequent the Happy Hours, and if so, do you prefer Billboard Onboard or the Crows Nest?

Edited by Vict0riann
  • Like 9

Just now, Vict0riann said:

Lenda, which pier is Koningsdam docking at in SF?  And do you know if it will be the same on the next leg?

Ann, we are docked at Pier 27, and we're pretty sure we'll be at the same pier next week.  When I took my walk yesterday, I noticed the other cruise terminal was closed, and it looked like it was not in use.  It took us a little longer to dock yesterday, so we weren't tied up until after 11 am.  At least, we won't have to go through immigration next week.

Lenda

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Ann, we are docked at Pier 27, and we're pretty sure we'll be at the same pier next week.  When I took my walk yesterday, I noticed the other cruise terminal was closed, and it looked like it was not in use.  It took us a little longer to dock yesterday, so we weren't tied up until after 11 am.  At least, we won't have to go through immigration next week.

Lenda

Thanks.  Now I edited my previous post to ask another question…

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

and I noticed on the Navigator that there is no Happy Hour on Sunday  when  we board, so how about getting together on Monday when we are in Avalon, with @AV8rixand @Live4cruises.  Do you frequent the Happy Hours, and if so, do you prefer Billboard Onboard or the Crows Nest?

@Vict0riann Ann, I'm good with whatever everyone else wants to do.  I was on this cruise already in October and November so it won't bother me to meet on a port day.  And I'm certain that @Quartzsite CruiserLenda must feel the same. 

And it might be true that there "is no Happy Hour on Sunday when we board", but I'm certain that there will be the usual welcome party for the 4* and 5*s.  Never seen them cancel that.  Perhaps we could locate one another at that one?

And apologies for turning The Daily into our personal roll call 😄😄😄.

• Like 12

👍Thank you for The Daily, Rich @richwmnand to Roy @rafinmdfor the Care and Celebration Lists.

😎Our weather has been sunny and on the warm side....we're 2  hours south of the City (SF).

Palma de Mallorca is a port city we've had the pleasure of visiting with Princess.🛳️

We're also fans of the Costco milk chocolate raisins, LOL!😄

🙏Prayers for all in need and to the brave citizens of Ukraine.🙏

Katie

20220324_135642.jpg

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, AV8rix said:

@Vict0riann Ann, I'm good with whatever everyone else wants to do.  I was on this cruise already in October and November so it won't bother me to meet on a port day.  And I'm certain that @Quartzsite CruiserLenda must feel the same. 

And it might be true that there "is no Happy Hour on Sunday when we board", but I'm certain that there will be the usual welcome party for the 4* and 5*s.  Never seen them cancel that.  Perhaps we could locate one another at that one?

And apologies for turning The Daily into our personal roll call 😄😄😄.

That Mariner gathering would work - it's not on the Navigator, but I guess it never is.  I will wear my orange beads!

Here's a picture of us from October - the only time we ever have our pictures taken is when we're on a shipIMG_0809.thumb.jpeg.466a88973d410994588ef11ab7bd2236.jpeg

Oops, sorry, wrong pic....😀

IMG_0813.thumb.jpeg.334e67d7b52be049adf4b74b23002e6c.jpeg

• Like 23
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Ann, I think the Crow’s Nest would be the best place.  Trivia is at 4 in Billboard on Board, so visiting would be difficult.  Sometimes it is really crowded in trivia, and other days it's not, so finding a group of chairs large enough in Billboard on Board could be a problem.

@AV8rix  Susan, you are correct.  The 4* and 5* Mariners reception is Sunday from 2 to 2:45 pm in Billboard on Board.  If we decide on that day and time, DH and I could try to get there early and get one of the corner table groupings which could give us enough room.

Lenda

• Like 11

1 minute ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Ann, I think the Crow’s Nest would be the best place.  Trivia is at 4 in Billboard on Board, so visiting would be difficult.  Sometimes it is really crowded in trivia, and other days it's not, so finding a group of chairs large enough in Billboard on Board could be a problem.

@AV8rix  Susan, you are correct.  The 4* and 5* Mariners reception is Sunday from 2 to 2:45 pm in Billboard on Board.  If we decide on that day and time, DH and I could try to get there early and get one of the corner table groupings which could give us enough room.

Lenda

Sounds like a plan!  We intend to try to get reservations for dinner in Tamarind that first day (for 3, as we will  have a neighbour with us) -  so we'll  be in the Atrium before 2, I hope,  to get that done, and then head straight to Billboard.  

• Like 10

Sounds like a plan!  We intend to try to get reservations for dinner in Tamarind that first day (for 3, as we will  have a neighbour with us) -  so we'll  be in the Atrium before 2, I hope,  to get that done, and then head straight to Billboard.  

We'll see you there.

Lenda

• Like 8

26 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

That Mariner gathering would work - it's not on the Navigator, but I guess it never is.  I will wear my orange beads!

26 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

The 4* and 5* Mariners reception is Sunday from 2 to 2:45 pm in Billboard on Board.  If we decide on that day and time, DH and I could try to get there early and get one of the corner table groupings which could give us enough room.

Lenda

18 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

OK, unless someone posts a change I'll see y'all at the Mariner's reception on Sunday.  And I'm easy to spot on any embarkation day.  A short slender old lady in ORANGE head to toe, a salute to the homeland of our BHBs ( I really hate that color and wear it only on HAL occasions like koningsdag, orange party, or embarkation day).

Edited by AV8rix
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Live4cruises said:

@Vict0riann, @Quartzsite Cruiser, @AV8TRIX my preference is Monday, and I think Lenda mentioned that the better choice might be Crow’s Nest.  Alas, this is the trip on which I will turn 4*, so won’t be at the 4*, 5* soirée.

See you aboard!

We will definitely be at Happy Hours as we don’t have Have It All!  Crows Nest it is, for Monday!  Orange beads again...

• Like 9

3 hours ago, USN59-79 said:

I should mention that I may be 82 and immunocompromised, but today I took my chainsaw and cut down a tree leaning over the driveway cut it up for firewood and cut and stacked the branches and put the firewood in a pile for my neighbor to use.  This afternoon I need to start on my income tax return.

Go Ray!

• Like 12

24 minutes ago, AV8rix said:

OK, unless someone posts a change I'll see y'all at the Mariner's reception on Sunday.  And I'm easy to spot on any embarkation day.  A short slender old lady in ORANGE head to toe, a salute to the homeland of our BHBs ( I really hate that color and wear it only on HAL occasions like koningsdag, orange party, or embarkation day).

And I'll be wearing my orange and blue Veendam t-shirt.

Lenda

• Like 5

Well I had to stop writing because the doc came in to the exam room.  Here’s the rest.  He’s happy with the results as well and I am now on a plan to wean myself off the prednisone within the next six weeks.

We also had COVID tests done today (PCR) since we are traveling on April 5.  Spain does not require testing to enter the country but we felt that since we were at the Mayo and it is easy to get tested there with no questions asked, we would be ahead of the game if we knew where we stood as far as COVID is concerned.  We just got our results back (six hours).  We are both negative.  We will get another test locally next week just to be sure.

Finally, we heard from the Dermatologist.  DH has Basal Cell Carcinoma and they will remove the lesion after we come home from our trip in May.  

So, we have reason to celebrate.

@rafinmd Roy, I ask that you put us on the Cheers and celebrations list for a change.  We are two happy campers, who feel that we are truly blessed to have such good news today.

Thank you all for all your prayers and good wishes.  I cannot tell you how much we truly appreciate it.

i drove both ways to and from Jacksonville in the rain and I am dead tired.  We had scrambled eggs for dinner because that is all I could do.  I am about ready to go to bed.

Love you all.

God bless,

Terri

• Like 23
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for all the daily reports, humour, recipes and photos, another port we have not visited.

@Rowsby sorry that your DH is in hospital, hope that he will soon be home again, and you will get a  good sleep.

@kazu good to know that Jose is on the wait list for your first choice., hope the wait will not be too long. Sending hugs to you.

@ger_77 hope your DH has had a satisfactory medical consultation.

@smitty34877 thanks for letting us know Camilla's weight, she looks very healthy.

@dfish hope you have had answers from the doctor.

@Cruzin Terrivery pleasing that your blood results are close to normal. Hope you both get a refreshing sleep after your long day.

Sadly yesterday our tabby cat Polly, 14.5 years old,  passed over the Rainbow Bridge, she had not been her usual self for a few days,  DH managed to catch her (usually impossible to do) took her to the vet, who discoverd a Cancerous lump.

Stay safe, take care everyone.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 16

11 minutes ago, erewhon said:

Thanks for all the daily reports, humour, recipes and photos, another port we have not visited.

@Rowsby sorry that your DH is in hospital, hope that he will soon be home again, and you will get a  good sleep.

@kazu good to know that Jose is on the wait list for your first choice., hope the wait will not be too long. Sending hugs to you.

@ger_77 hope your DH has had a satisfactory medical consultation.

@smitty34877 thanks for letting us know Camilla's weight, she looks very healthy.

@dfish hope you have had answers from the doctor.

@Cruzin Terrivery pleasing that your blood results are close to normal. Hope you both get a refreshing sleep after your long day.

Sadly yesterday our tabby cat Polly, 14.5 years old,  passed over the Rainbow Bridge, she had not been her usual self for a few days,  DH managed to catch her (usually impossible to do) took her to the vet, who discoverd a Cancerous lump.

Stay safe, take care everyone.

I am so sorry. May your 14.5 years of wonderful memories help ease your pain. I can picture Polly & Socks seeking out sun puddles together. 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2