Changes to our Sept. cruise on Explorer

jsf

I just got a notice that our cruise has dropped Labadee and DR and added Bonaire and a sea day. We were supposed to have 4 ports and now we have 3 ports and an extra sea day, not so sure we like loosing a port day. They claim it's because of conflict about piers, seems like that could have been cured by September. I'm watching to see if we get our port taxes back for those missed stops.

P.S. I like the  stop at Bonaire

We're on Explorer now for a B2B but a different itinerary than you. But I must say.....not sure why RCI so far has missed out on their port docking terminals. We have been docked at each of our ports so far the furthest away (except for St Maarten it was the same as always) than we have ever been at these port stops. Aruba we thought was a zigzag and a long unnecessary location to be docked. Then we arrived into Curacao....OH MY....it must have been a 2++ mile walk to even get to the walk over bridge into town. Did RCI drop down on the list of docking locations...it seems so !!!!

2 hours ago, Cigar King said:

We were just in Curacao on Vision and we had the closest docking position.  It was a treat since it was a hot day.

How lucky you were .... When we docked yesterday HAL had that prime location.

We are on Explorer for the 8 day to the ABC islands.  We were also just notified that Labadee was now off the table.  I am wondering if we get some $$ back for port taxes.  I wish they could add in Coco Cay!  It's ok though, it is what it is.  I never cared much for Labadee anyway.  

3 hours ago, rxnrn said:

We are on the 9-17 cruise. We sail for beach days, so this sucks because DR is a nice beach day. Never been to Bonaire so that is ok, hopefully there is a decent beach with amenities.

We are also on this cruise and we lost a beach day at Labadee too. 

Come join our roll call

5 hours ago, cruisebabe50 said:

We are on Explorer for the 8 day to the ABC islands.  We were also just notified that Labadee was now off the table.  I am wondering if we get some $$ back for port taxes.  I wish they could add in Coco Cay!  It's ok though, it is what it is.  I never cared much for Labadee anyway.  

As there are fees charged for Labadee, you should receive them back as a credit.  That is SOP for missed ports of call.  You may also receive some amount of OBC.  That has also been occurring with missed ports of call.

When my ports changed my very good ta said port taxes dont get adjusted ...maybe during the cruise, but no extra during either. This was back jan 30th.

My sept prices the port fees were higher than now, but only my price is protected. I'm booked under double pts so no way I'd cancel over some port fees... from what I'm told they do not adjust port fees. I agree they should if they drop. Sept it's only around $7. But still when I do a mock booking I have to add in higher port fees from when I booked. Crazy to me. They should at least give obc during your cruise like carnival does. 

On 3/25/2022 at 3:58 PM, rxnrn said:

We are on the 9-17 cruise. We sail for beach days, so this sucks because DR is a nice beach day. Never been to Bonaire so that is ok, hopefully there is a decent beach with amenities.

I've been to Bonaire a few times to go scuba diving.  There are no beaches.  It's all hard rock all the way up to the shore line.  We had to carry our fins and walk out over the rocks to get into deep enough water to lay down and swim away.

They made the same change to our 8-night explorer in October. We’re not a fan of losing Labadee and a switch from DR to Bonaire seems okay. We now have more sea days than actual stops. We’re looking at our options for other cruises but I don’t get why they would sub in another stop somewhere!