Nervous about capacity

Tntt

47 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I was also on Anthem the last 2 weeks.   WWRY was cancelled due to entertainers testing positive our first week.  

2nd week our late disembarkment at Coco cay was also due to covid.   Our crew was not allowed to disembark.  Indy had a lot of their crew working on cococay since Anthem wasn't allowed to let crew off.   

First week we had little over 400 kids but a lot of college age spring breakers.  2nd week we had little over 800 kids and really noticed the difference in WJ.

We sure did have smooth sailings with fantastic weather almost every day.   Great b2b cruise🤩

Thanks for clarifying.  I figured it was all covid related.  Definitely more kids the second week. Sorry I didn’t run into you over mojitos 😊

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I'm looking to book a JS on enchantment.   How did you like it?   Shame the ship doesn't  have a coastal kitchen.   Are there any perks for JS on enchantment?

Not really any perks except suite line at embarkation and we got the debarkation #4.  That was right after the Key at 815. The cabins are good size for us.  I like the sofa and the 2 chairs.  There is lots of storage space. 

cabin.jpeg.1341c035c6215efdf5dacd6422fc27dd.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DragonOfTheSeas said:

Not really any perks except suite line at embarkation and we got the debarkation #4.  That was right after the Key at 815. The cabins are good size for us.  I like the sofa and the 2 chairs.  There is lots of storage space. 

cabin.jpeg.1341c035c6215efdf5dacd6422fc27dd.jpeg

Does the balcony have lounge chairs or just the straight back chairs with large table?

9 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Does the balcony have lounge chairs or just the straight back chairs with large table?

They are straight back on regular balconies but you can adjust the back portion to lay back some. Jr suite balconies have 2 straight backs and 2 loungers. 

11 minutes ago, bigque said:

They are straight back on regular balconies but you can adjust the back portion to lay back some. Jr suite balconies have 2 straight backs and 2 loungers. 

You must have been on an aft JS. 

Our side JS did not have loungers.  If you look at this cabin pic you can see the a table and two chairs would take up almost 2/3 width of the balcony.  There would not be room for 2 additional loungers in a regular JS balcony.  I am sure there are some special cabins that do.[ i.e. accessible, aft and family JS]

Also, I want to say this is for Enchantment of the Seas.  That was the ship the passenger asked about.

cabin.jpeg.a753fc1e756532e8937d5e3dd1a448e1.jpeg

Edited by DragonOfTheSeas

On 3/26/2022 at 12:34 PM, cruisingguy007 said:

Indeed! Concur 100%. Packing more passengers into tighter spaces may end up proving to be disastrous and costly for the lines. Covid is a game changer to be sure, may change the trajectory of these practices in the near future. Even if the lines don't initiate it, passengers may, by voting with their wallets or walking away entirely. It's a fine line and delicate balance.     

Just my personal opinion, but as long as cruise lines continue to require everyone to be vaccinated and tested, I will feel safe continuing to cruise even if/when capacity goes to 100 percent for all sailings. I will be on my 9th post COVID cruise in a few weeks. With the exception of being at home, the safest I have felt is being on a ship. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DragonOfTheSeas said:

You must have been on an aft JS. 

Our side JS did not have loungers.  If you look at this cabin pic you can see the a table and two chairs would take up almost 2/3 width of the balcony.  There would not be room for 2 additional loungers in a regular JS balcony.  I am sure there are some special cabins that do.[ i.e. accessible, aft and family JS]

Also, I want to say this is for Enchantment of the Seas.  That was the ship the passenger asked about.

cabin.jpeg.a753fc1e756532e8937d5e3dd1a448e1.jpeg

My Jr suites we’re on the hump on Oasis and Freedom. Both had the 2 lounger and 2 chairs

45 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Just my personal opinion, but as long as cruise lines continue to require everyone to be vaccinated and tested, I will feel safe continuing to cruise 

Everyone else being vaccinated still makes me think of wearing a jacket so others don't get cold lol.  We're vaxxed, and couldn't care less what others choose to do.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, bucfan2 said:

Everyone else being vaccinated still makes me think of wearing a jacket so others don't get cold lol.  We're vaxxed, and couldn't care less what others choose to do.

Unfortunately I know several people who were vaccinated who died from COVID, so I am definitely on the conservative side when it comes to this virus. Even though I am fully vaccinated with two booster shots, I am still careful about where I go and do my best to limit exposure. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Just my personal opinion, but as long as cruise lines continue to require everyone to be vaccinated and tested, I will feel safe continuing to cruise even if/when capacity goes to 100 percent for all sailings. I will be on my 9th post COVID cruise in a few weeks. With the exception of being at home, the safest I have felt is being on a ship. 

Being vaccinated has no relation with feeling safe. It just reduces the chance of a sever infection for an individual, it does nothing to prevent spreading it.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, exm said:

Being vaccinated has no relation with feeling safe. It just reduces the chance of a sever infection for an individual, it does nothing to prevent spreading it.

Not sure why you think you can tell me how I feel. I have felt much safer since I got my first of four vaccine shots over a year ago. Prior to getting my first shot I rarely left my house. Since I have been vaccinated I have felt much safer and am not afraid to be out in public. It’s similar to wearing a seatbelt. I feel much safer when I wear a seatbelt when driving. That doesn’t mean I can’t be injured or worse if I get in an accident, but personally I still feel safer wearing a seat belt just like I feel safer being vaccinated. 

• Like 1

The last two years, I lived my life the same as always......covid, what covid? It's like the news can't stop talking about it.  Oh no, the new variant is here.  This is going to be around for the next 10 years.  I for one, don't care about the occupancy, food in a buffet, or sitting in a show. I do not feel safe or do I feel unsafe.  I just don't notice or even care.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1