Harmony Of The Seas

1 hour ago, Hutcha said:

So, there's a bar on the suite sun deck? I thought that was an additional feature that they put on the wonder.

Yes but we much preferred the solarium bar.  Totally unimpressed with the bartender at the suites bar.  Also I found the cabanas up there hot and stuffy.  They are enclosed and get very little breeze.  The area around the solarium bar was beautiful and quiet.  My go to space!

Edited by poocher

1 hour ago, sharon&family said:

We have Your time dining on next weeks Harmony sailing.  What is the earliest time we can eat?  I think I saw 6:45 somewhere and that is way too late for us some nights.  How late does it go to?

MTD opens at 6:30.  If you need earlier, you’ll need to get early traditional dining.

12 minutes ago, ChristyLNDRN said:

Is “Aqua theater showcase” as shown on the show schedule above the Fine Line show that used to be on Harmony pre-covid or just a……aqua theater showcase?  Just curious if anyone has seen it recently.  

There were no aqua shows on our 3/13 sailing.  No explanation.

5 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I am on Harmony right now, and will be on for the following week as well.

What do you want to know?

m

I'm sailing in May.  What capacity is Harmony sailing ?  

3 hours ago, jamon said:

So,i f not that would be another benefit taken away that Pinnacles had before covid.  Also, there use to be a suite, pinnacle get together during the week, has that been stopped or is it only for suites now???

No benefit taken away in my opinion. The 6 any drink, anytime, anywhere addition is so much better.

No get together since sailing resumed. 

2 hours ago, ChristyLNDRN said:

Is “Aqua theater showcase” as shown on the show schedule above the Fine Line show that used to be on Harmony pre-covid or just a……aqua theater showcase?  Just curious if anyone has seen it recently.  

The showcase was a short 30 minute show that simply highlighted a variety of aqua performances. Synchronized swimmers, divers , rope walker, and some of the aqua dancers.  The CD Introduced the performers and for the divers, told us the type of dive we would be seeing.  

Fine line  has not been performed post Covid. A few weeks ago, they had the aqua show “ Big daddy‘s heist“. 
M

6 hours ago, jamon said:

one more question....now that Pinnacles are allowed back into suite lounge, are the benefits the same as before??? by that I mean there was always free wine, beer and water from 11 to 11, for anyone that had access to suite lounge. If you wanted a hard liquor drink you had to pay for it unless you had a drink package or it was during  the evening 5pm to 8pm happy hour...

Water and cokes are free from 11 to 11. 

17 hours ago, grapevine said:

Suite Sun Deck

17 hours ago, topnole said:

First come first serve. 

And there are only four of them up there. We have been on Harmony four times since the restart, and the four cabanas were only fully occupied once. Most days we were the only ones up there.

21 hours ago, grapevine said:

Does anyone care who sits in the cabana as long as 1-2 people are in an eligible suite?  Probably won't let you use your non suite sea pass card at the suite sun deck bar?

Yes, Royal Caribbean cares because the suite deck is reserved for those that paid for it and the signs when you put your card in to open access to it clearly state that the suite deck is for sky, star and pinnacle guests . 

Also, some suite guests may care that people who did not pay for the privilege of the suite deck are using seats, hot tub, or other amenities, especially if at a busier time. One of the perks of the suite deck is a less crowded area. Once people start sneaking in non-eligible friends, that less crowded area begins to get more crowded.

The 2 suite guests are more than welcome to hang out with their friends in all other non-suite areas.

DISCUSSION TO FOLLOW THE NEW "ROYAL SUITE CLASS" - Page 2 - Royal Caribbean  Discussion - Royal Caribbean Blog

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We got off Harmony yesterday. I had many of the same questions as the OP and I’ll just give a short report of our experience. Not intending to be a review but it may sound that way. The main takeaway is this was our best cruise ever. Royal Caribbean cruise #5 for us, but this was full of firsts. First- cruise post Covid, first oasis class, first suite, first cococay, first labadee.  
Harmony of the seas is a beautiful ship. Looked brand new as far as we knew. It felt like everything was back to normal. It was reported just under 4000 passengers onboard. About the “crowded feel”. For experienced cruisers this probably isn’t a factor they are concerned with, but for those like us who only get to travel twice a year it has importance. Crowded feel was non-existent on this cruise for us. Being in a suite played a factor and the reduced capacity was awesome. Never really waited long for anything. Pizza and other food venues would have short or no lines at all. All week long. Pool deck got a little thick on sea days( Nassau and Falmouth included). Elevators weren’t bad at all. The most crowded we felt was at cococay with 2 ships docked. Beach loungers were taken very early and pool and food venues were packed. 

Adventure ocean: was at full capacity with no reservations needed. kids still had to wear masks but most didn’t complain about it. This was a great experience for us and our kids. They never filled up so we could bring our kids anytime they were open. In the past we would have to line up 20 minutes before they opened just to be able to get our kids in. And the kids absolutely loved it. They always wanted to go and never wanted to leave. After 10 pm was $7 an hour. I saw many parents, us included, show up at 10 pm and the kids refuse to leave. No problem, $7 an hour is literally the cheapest thing on a cruise. I’m happy to leave them for another 2 hours. 

The food was good. I didn’t care for windjammer at all during breakfast and lunch. I prefer other venues during those times. Coastal kitchen was spectacular the first night. One of the best steaks I’ve had. We did coastal kitchen 4 nights, main dining 2 nights, and hibachi one night. I wish we would have spent a couple more nights at main dining. Service and food there were outstanding. For us, going on 2 cruises per year, main dining will never get old. We have always enjoyed main dining room on Royal Caribbean. Hibachi was just ok for me but the wife and kids liked it. They had one chef working two tables at once and he was overwhelmed, he pulled it off though and made it work. 

The suite:  it was amazing. It’s going to be difficult to go back to a balcony. Others have reported no problem with this but for me it will never be the same again. No reservations needed for shows. Just show the card and get in. This also worked at the comedy club. Reserved seating in the theater and aqua theater but no reserved section at the ice venue. Embarkation and debarkation were painless. We were told that suites could embark up to 1 hour prior to scheduled time but I suspect that we could have come anytime. Coastal kitchen was nice but I could live without it. Suite lounge was nice but the chairs were a little uncomfortable.  The 11am-11 pm beer, wine, and soda were not advertised. I wouldn’t have known to ask about it unless I had read it here. This was a very nice benefit. I enjoyed many glasses of wine after the lounge cleared out at 8 pm. The concierge’s were amazing. Can’t say enough good things about those 2 amazing ladies. 
A very good travel agent scored us a grand suite with some lift and shift magic back in 2020. Royal up provided us with a crown loft suite for dirt cheap. this cheap suite will now cost us a fortune. I will have to splurge on a suite in the future. Enough about the suite though. 

Shows: all were good. I don’t like grease but the actors are obviously very talented and did a great job. Both ice shows were very very good. Aqua theater was just mainly some diving and dancing but it was still impressive. The juggler was just ok, the ones I’ve seen in the past were more impressive. Comedians were mixed, one funny one and one not so much. 

As I mentioned before, this cruise felt like 2019 except for masks in the terminal and for kids club. Here is my very short list of negatives. 

Pre-cruise testing sucks. It was stressful for us. It’s a jeopardy event. We’ve all had our shots and I don’t care to get a brain swab unless someone is sick and actually needs a test. 
Masks in the terminal. Seemed silly to dig out a mask for 5 minutes of walking through the terminal after a week of 4000 unmasked people on a ship. Silly things are the new normal so that’s a wash. 
The weather sucked. Cold and windy with the exception of Labadee. I like the weather hot. I live in the south and still complain about our mild winters. 
Ive seen less scooters on a princess cruise. My kid got ran over by one in the elevator. Not cool. 

Last negative, I already mentioned this but I do wish we would have spent a couple more dinners in the main dining vs coastal kitchen. And also getting hooked on a suite cabin. November we have a balcony booked and I just won’t be as excited about it. But hey, it’s still better than staying home. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, george35 said:

This is for MLP12

Did you enjoy the cruise ship? How were the Meals? Did you enjoy your room? What should we look out for? What should we NOT miss? What should we miss?

george35

Taking another Harmony cruise this year. Our last one was some time ago. Never went to the sit down. The buffet was excellent. So, so many choices every day. I was told if I waned a steak they would go get it from the kitchen for us. Never knew that. We like the soda package. So many, many choices. Do NOT miss any of the shows. All excellent. The comedian was boring. All old material. I am sure it is different now. Make sure you book all the shows' days before. You are not allowed in till all the booked guests ones have been let in. The earlier you get there the better to pick a set of your liking. Everything about the ship is super. Do the dry slide from one deck to another. Try the Wave and the zip line. All the sausages at the stand are excellent and inclusive. Bingo is not inexpensive but a lot of fun. The water show will be cancelled it the ocean is rough. It will get rescheduled. The ice show is awesome. Pizza 24/7 and very good.

• Like 1

On 3/26/2022 at 3:53 PM, cruisegirl1 said:

I am on Harmony right now, and will be on for the following week as well.

What do you want to know?

m

I'm boarding on April 10th. Is Solarium Bistro open for dinner yet? I have reservations but they aren't showing up in the app. TIA

On 3/26/2022 at 10:43 PM, cruisegirl1 said:

The showcase was a short 30 minute show that simply highlighted a variety of aqua performances. Synchronized swimmers, divers , rope walker, and some of the aqua dancers.  The CD Introduced the performers and for the divers, told us the type of dive we would be seeing.  

Fine line  has not been performed post Covid. A few weeks ago, they had the aqua show “ Big daddy‘s heist“. 
M

I've been watching Lerasynchro's channel on youtube (she is a synchronized swimmer on Harmony), and they did install and run Fine Line briefly earlier this year/late last year. But I think they have run into staffing issues and cannot fill missing spots right now to run either of their main shows. Hoping things get resolved before our June cruise, but even if not we know the performers there now are doing their best with what they have. 

• Like 1

No aqua shows at all on 3/13 Harmony.  No explanation given, just announced on day 1.  Wanted to try Ultimate Abyss but it seemed to be open for 47 seconds on day 4 at 4am?!?!!  Really could never get there and find it open despite the open times in the app.  I expect it was staffing issues (isn’t that our go to reason  these days?)

13 hours ago, poocher said:

Wanted to try Ultimate Abyss but it seemed to be open for 47 seconds on day 4 at 4am?!?!!  Really could never get there and find it open despite the open times in the app.  I expect it was staffing issues (isn’t that our go to reason  these days?)

Strange, I was on that cruise and went by it open a couple of times during the week although I do know they pushed the time back a bit on some days.  I managed to walk by one afternoon when there were only 2 or 3 people waiting.  The trip went by so fast that I only had time for a few seconds of terror.

• Like 1