Bringing soft drinks on board

hmatt

Thought I could find this on board but I can’t, is alright to bring a twelve pack Diet Pepsi with us when we embark?

thank you and praying that everyone stays well and safe on your cruises! Been two years since we have 

been and we are so ready

Yes as long as it’s not in bottles or an open can/carton as stated in the Passage Contract.

• Guests are also prohibited from bringing water, sodas and other non-alcoholic beverages on board that are packaged in bottles. A small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, juice, milk) packaged in cans or cartons may be brought on board on embarkation day, only if carried on in Guests’ hand luggage (not in checked luggage). A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less per person.  Guests will be asked to discard open beverages in plastic containers prior to boarding.

27 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Yes as long as it’s not in bottles or an open can/carton as stated in the Passage Contract.

• Guests are also prohibited from bringing water, sodas and other non-alcoholic beverages on board that are packaged in bottles. A small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, juice, milk) packaged in cans or cartons may be brought on board on embarkation day, only if carried on in Guests’ hand luggage (not in checked luggage). A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less per person.  Guests will be asked to discard open beverages in plastic containers prior to boarding.

How stingy can they get?

Some people prefer brands the ship doesn’t sell.

this was one reason we don’t sail with Norwegian!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

While they might post that on their website, the security at port Everglades couldn't care less. First cruise we boarded with 1 liter bottles in our luggage and they never blinked.  Last week I reboarded with an almost empty suitcase except for the plastic bottles and breezed right through. 

We boarded recently in FLL carrying a 12pk of diet coke and a 12pk of sparkling water (in cans),  as well as a  few  (plastic bottle) protein drinks in our backpacks left over from our pre-cruise stay. No problem, other than its a pain to literally 'carry' it on.  

12 hours ago, hmatt said:

Thank you both for the right answer! 

As this thread continues to grow with anecdotal stories of people succeeding in bringing on board more quantity or different types of containers, keep in mind that you have been directed to the proper, official rule. Also keep in mind that the numerical limit is PER PERSON. So a couple can bring 2 x 12 packs. I also agree that port security people generally don’t care about soft drinks. Just keep in mind that if you encounter a rule follower, saying: “But a guy reported on Cruise Critic that he was able to bring on 2 liter bottles of Mountain Dew!”   So don’t take these stories as a suggestion that the rules don’t matter because you’ll never know until boarding day. 

In 20+ years of cruising with Princess, I’ve taken many cans of diet Pepsi Cola in my heavy luggage or my carryon and it has never been an issue.  Once, in my checked in luggage, I had a 3” Swiss army pocket knife in a small toiletry bag.  I was called to Security to claim my suitcase.  I told them its main purpose was to cut fruit when we ate some in our cabin. They let me keep it.

Edited by Rick&Jenny
Word change