Voyager to hades.

TomTN

No masks police on board. If you ask for one they will hand you a kn95 mask. Individually wrapped.  At least that is what DW got when she forgot hers last night. Also see the blue surgical mask. 

Haven't seen any enforcement.  Even in theaters. OTOH, when sailing at 70% there is little need for people to sit next to each other.

DW did not care for Duck last night

Without her asking they came to her and offer to get something else. She had sea bass. So for us dining is very good.

Other crew are Still learning their jobs,  but they are much improved since day 1.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, daetchief said:

I don't know if Voyager had a 'shakedown' cruise prior to bringing paid guests aboard. 

I know Mariner and I believe Explorer & Splendor brought aboard a contingent of complementary passengers for a 2-3 night cruise prior to the official start.   

Those cruises afford the opportunities to connect the dots and identify the holes.   Sounds like it was "Ready', "Set", - 'Fumble!' onboard.   Keep the Faith.   This too shall pass...  

I'm sure it will pass...but that's little consolation to the people on board now experiencing the disconnects.  I'm usually very easy to please but hearing the list of miscues on this sailing would probably fire me up as well.

• Like 6

EU is having another wave.  Several colleagues are sick with COVID. My office in Vienna has a mask in place policy that corresponds to the country.   FFP2 is the EU standard and is similar to KN95 and not as stringent as N95.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Pcardad said:

I am sorry your trip is not what you expected. Perhaps directing this energy to the GM would yield better results than posting it here...at least Regent will know about your feelings then.

Regent reads these posts. In the past they've experimented with replying here, but seem to have decided that's a bad idea. I can understand why they decided that. But I'm fairly sure that this thread is being discussed around a conference table at corporate hind-quarters.
This is not to say that also directing complaints to the GM is a bad idea: it is not.

28 minutes ago, DavidTheWonderer said:

Regent reads these posts. In the past they've experimented with replying here, but seem to have decided that's a bad idea. I can understand why they decided that. But I'm fairly sure that this thread is being discussed around a conference table at corporate hind-quarters.
This is not to say that also directing complaints to the GM is a bad idea: it is not.

I do not know if this is true or not but Davor is a really good guy and I have complete confidence in his ability to bring new staff up to speed in short order.

• Like 2

We are experiencing a mixed bag. 4 of us ate dinner in Sette Mari and we had to return 3 mains as they were cold. Two were fish dishes and the third chicken in sauce with polenta. 

We ate dinner later in compass rose the next night and had a fab meal and service. 

But it is the little things that set Regent apart from the other lines that are missing and to be fair, so far even though things are improving, this cruise isn't value for money. 

Oh and just to add, we were in Corsica so French. We went to La Veranda for lunch and stood waiting with other people to be served only to eventually be told "oh its serve your self today as we are under French rules. 

On 3/29/2022 at 11:33 PM, seasickphil said:

We were informed on 4th March for our upcoming cruise on Voyager 5th April of all the requirements needed for the trip, while face coverings are to be worn indoors (unless actively eating or drinking) there was no mention of them having to be N95 grade.

My understanding is the the ffp2 (N95) masks are a requirement of Italy as we also were required to wear them on the plane

30 minutes ago, Boatmans Lady said:

My understanding is the the ffp2 (N95) masks are a requirement of Italy as we also were required to wear them on the plane

Sorry if I have misunderstood are you saying you have to wear a N95 on plane (BA?) if so do they provide them?
Assuming Regent provide appropriate masks for Italy?

I hope you seek some sort of compensation from Regent for the below standard cruise.

It seems that almost everyone  working on this cruise is still learning their job.  It's 11:50 a.m. and our cabin is not clean yet. We've been out for about 3 hours.  But, we are missing two ports because of rough seas so everyone is on board, and several people do not seem to be getting out of their room.

I made a pass through Le Veranda to get a hot cup of coffee. Zero tables there. 

Coffee delivered to the room in the morning is luke warm at best.

I do give these folks an "A" for effort and attitude(most of them). Most are frustrated and not well trained. Nor their fault.

8 minutes ago, TomBeckCruise said:

It seems that almost everyone  working on this cruise is still learning their job.  It's 11:50 a.m. and our cabin is not clean yet. We've been out for about 3 hours.  But, we are missing two ports because of rough seas so everyone is on board, and several people do not seem to be getting out of their room.

I made a pass through Le Veranda to get a hot cup of coffee. Zero tables there. 

Coffee delivered to the room in the morning is luke warm at best.

I do give these folks an "A" for effort and attitude(most of them). Most are frustrated and not well trained. Nor their fault.

I feel for you. You have all waited a long time to return to cruising and expect the same high standard previously experienced with a six star cruise line. I sincerely hope Regent recognise all these problems and sort them out quickly. As I referred to earlier Regent should proactively pay compensation, but I guess that’s too much to hope. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, scottie920 said:

I feel for you. You have all waited a long time to return to cruising and expect the same high standard previously experienced with a six star cruise line. I sincerely hope Regent recognise all these problems and sort them out quickly. As I referred to earlier Regent should proactively pay compensation, but I guess that’s too much to hope. 

On a very selfish note, I sincerely hope they get things sorted for our cruise next week!

• Like 4

On 4/1/2022 at 9:44 AM, Gilly said:

@Boatmans Lady I'm sorry to read of the patchy service issues.  This is not what you've waited so long for (and looked forward to), is it?  

Disappointing.

Gx

Thank you. 

There seems little thought put into some things. 

There was an announcement made to advise us not to use the outside decks. Pool chairs and tables have been stacked away for safety. Pool emptied. So we thought we would grab a coffee and drink from Coffee Connection, but no seats to be had, so we carried on up to the Observation Lounge. Very pleasant indeed but the bar wasn't open, not even for soft drinks. Eventually thirst got the better of us, so we returned to coffee connection, still no seats to be had so retreated back to our suite to order drinks. 

We went via guest services to offer our opinion that it might have been prudent to open one of the lounges before 1pm for people to sit and relax and to get drinks, even if they were only soft drinks. 

It's the little things that matter just as much as the bigger ones. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Boatmans Lady said:

Thank you. 

There seems little thought put into some things. 

There was an announcement made to advise us not to use the outside decks. Pool chairs and tables have been stacked away for safety. Pool emptied. So we thought we would grab a coffee and drink from Coffee Connection, but no seats to be had, so we carried on up to the Observation Lounge. Very pleasant indeed but the bar wasn't open, not even for soft drinks. Eventually thirst got the better of us, so we returned to coffee connection, still no seats to be had so retreated back to our suite to order drinks. 

We went via guest services to offer our opinion that it might have been prudent to open one of the lounges before 1pm for people to sit and relax and to get drinks, even if they were only soft drinks. 

It's the little things that matter just as much as the bigger ones. 

Why was the outdoor deck closed? Are you saying there was no bar open? What time was this?

When we were on the Voyager the Observation Lounge was a blast.  The employees were exceptional and many people gathered there for pre lunch and pre/after dinner drinks.  Great group of employees & guests on that cruise.

We had a very choppy sea day and the OL opened at 11AM or 11:30.  We went for Bloody Marys at 11:30 and met a great group of people.  Many Laughs.

The lounge was one of the better experiences on the cruise, I'm very surprised it wasn't open @1.

• Like 1

Unfortunately,  a group of several people were abandoned by their guide in Palma near the end of the cruise. 

DW and I got the covid test yesterday. She got her results a few hours later.  I got an email, but the pdf file had her name and results again. They finally got mine sent, but the printer would not print it  properly.  They had to print me a copy somewhere else.

It seemed never ending.

13 hours ago, PhD-iva said:

WHAT? More details, please!

It was a city tour of Palma. The guide offered a brief opportunity to look around "on your own", and meet back at a certain point. Everyone returned except for the guide.  The people we know took public transportation to the ship.  Bus? Trolly? is allowed to enter the port area.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, asnaleah said:

Did you feel that there was steady improvement throughout your cruise? 

"Steady" is an overstatement. Some things improved to what I suspect was 80-100% of normal.

Unfortunately, there seemed to be  new things that went wrong every day.

Hopefully our "trial run" cruise will get everything corrected for future passengers.

Edited by TomBeckCruise