Lawn Club Restaurant Question

sls28

We’re considering going to the  Lawn Club restaurant.  Looking at the menu there are quite a few choices that sound really good that we would like to try.  Are you limited to only one meat selection per person or can you have more than one?

2 minutes ago, sls28 said:

We’re considering going to the  Lawn Club restaurant.  Looking at the menu there are quite a few choices that sound really good that we would like to try.  Are you limited to only one meat selection per person or can you have more than one?

In my research, as we are booked at the Lawn Club Grill, you are not limited.  I was told that you can order a steak, for example, and also a kabob, if you wish.  I also understand that you can choose your toppings for your flatbreads.  If I am incorrect, I'm sure we'll both find out from other postings.

We usually order a flatbread, our entree ( I usually order the filet and two seafood kabobs) and of course dessert. In all our visits to LCG we have never been limited in our selections. And service is excellent!  Enjoy. 

19 minutes ago, dcbiker97 said:

You can have as much as you care to eat. 

Correct! 

So don't fill up on the salad or the flatbreads -- leave room for the meats and kabobs, and definitely leave room for the warm chocolate chip cookie.  (Tip: have them put the ice cream on the side, or it will be soup.  🙂 )

• Like 2

Our waiter was able to let me customize my kabob.  Rather than shrimp and scallops, I ordered only shrimp.  They are very accommodating.  As others have said, leave room for the warm chocolate chip cookie for dessert.  Extra tip for that dinner:  expandable pants!  😋

Edited by lola2013
  • Like 1

Turtle always gets there before me!  i also want to advise you not to fill up on the flatbread.  Our first time there we made a great flatbread, really delicious but it was too much.  By the time I finished my salad, entree and that awesome hot chocolate chip cookie, I nearly had to be carried out of there!  I think LCG is the best restaurant afloat.  

• Like 2

Thanks for your responses!  On the X app it shows that it’s open for both lunch and dinner. Went to my cruise booking to make a reservation for lunch and the only time options are between 6-9 pm daily. Hmmm.

If you want try lots of different things without bursting go as a group.

We dined as a family of four. We shared  flatbreads then ordered a range of different entrées and sides and ask for them to serve family style. They will bring everything over, put in the centre of the table then bring you over empty plates and everyone can try a bit of everything.

Edited by chemmo
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, sls28 said:

Thanks for your responses!  On the X app it shows that it’s open for both lunch and dinner. Went to my cruise booking to make a reservation for lunch and the only time options are between 6-9 pm daily. Hmmm.

LCG is typically open for lunch on select sea days.

9 hours ago, sls28 said:

1 hour ago, lola2013 said:

LCG is typically open for lunch on select sea days.

Yes, LCG is only open for lunch on sea days (noon - 1:30), not on embarkation of port days.

Also, the lunch menu is limited to burgers. Amazing burgers, but only burgers, and the salad bar, of course. Just got off the Reflection and we did the LCG twice, we love it so much.

And, although you didn't ask, if you're looking for a different and wonderful lunch option, I highly recommend The Porch bistro (only on the Reflection and Silhouette). There is also a $25 "cover charge" (like the LCG), but the lunch menu is a bit more expansive and the food is exceptional! 

I do not believe you can book lunch reservations for the LCG or The Porch online, but we had no problem doing so once we boarded. 

Also, if you like sushi and are looking for a lunch option (reservations available, but not necessary for lunch, in our experience), then you might want to try Sushi on 5, which is open for lunch every day. There is no "cover charge", but there is a charge per item, ala carte. We always find the food and service superb. 

Hope that's helpful, and hope you have a great time!

1 hour ago, 5:00_Somewhere said:

Also, the lunch menu is limited to burgers. Amazing burgers, but only burgers, and the salad bar, of course.

Better be very hungry if you want that burger! 🤣

(This was dinner.  I'm not sure I could handle that for lunch.)

00-AnDBmgxzWX57XBG2JMEg9XYDZmy54-a0FwMsKoVxOUeRYz-y0ueBPqVcPn5A0hYVV7ntXQOewWgszVPDOQPWWw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1648482539

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 5:00_Somewhere said:

Also, if you like sushi and are looking for a lunch option (reservations available, but not necessary for lunch, in our experience), then you might want to try Sushi on 5, which is open for lunch every day. There is no "cover charge", but there is a charge per item, ala carte. We always find the food and service superb. 

Sushi on 5 is terrific, both food and service as you say.  We enjoy having dinner there.  I can't understand why it's almost always empty. 

• Like 3

Thank you 5.00_Somewhere  and Turtle06!  Love sushi so will definitely be going there for lunch.  I’ll look into the Porch bistro.  Might just pass on LCG during lunch on sea days as I’m not a huge fan of burgers.  I appreciate your responses!

1 hour ago, Turtles06 said:

Better be very hungry if you want that burger! 🤣

(This was dinner.  I'm not sure I could handle that for lunch.)

00-AnDBmgxzWX57XBG2JMEg9XYDZmy54-a0FwMsKoVxOUeRYz-y0ueBPqVcPn5A0hYVV7ntXQOewWgszVPDOQPWWw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1648482539

Yeah, we literally make sure to have nothing more than some fruit or a Danish for breakfast if we're having LCG burgers for lunch, and we always have a late dinner. Still, it's a filling lunch. 

1 hour ago, Turtles06 said:

Sushi on 5 is terrific, both food and service as you say.  We enjoy having dinner there.  I can't understand why it's almost always empty. 

Agreed. The only thing I can think is many people don't like to spend extra on meals while on a cruise. For us, it's well worth it for the excellent quality. 👍

16 minutes ago, sls28 said:

Thank you 5.00_Somewhere  and Turtle06!  Love sushi so will definitely be going there for lunch.  I’ll look into the Porch bistro.  Might just pass on LCG during lunch on sea days as I’m not a huge fan of burgers.  I appreciate your responses!

Yes, if you don't absolutely love burgers, then the LCG might not be an ideal choice for lunch. The Porch, on the other hand, has a wide variety of options. Enjoy!

1 hour ago, D C said:

Just an FYI in addition to the above, the "flatbread" is not a flatbread. It's the SAME pizza they serve in Oceanview.  We were quite disappointed in that. 

Not the night we were there.  It was wonderful whereas the pizza in the OVC was subpar most of the time.

1 hour ago, D C said:

Just an FYI in addition to the above, the "flatbread" is not a flatbread. It's the SAME pizza they serve in Oceanview.  We were quite disappointed in that. 

It was a true flatbread pizza on every time we have eaten there.  It was NOT the same pizza served in Oceanview.  The pizza at the Lawn Club is actually pretty good.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, dateacher said:

Not the night we were there.  It was wonderful whereas the pizza in the OVC was subpar most of the time.

17 hours ago, keesar said:

It was a true flatbread pizza on every time we have eaten there.  It was NOT the same pizza served in Oceanview.  The pizza at the Lawn Club is actually pretty good.

Seriously? When were you on-board?
In Nov and Jan (on Reflection), it was a full size, round, (pepperoni in our case) pizza that was identical to what we had for lunch in Oceanview.  Exactly the same crust, ingredients, etc.  I was really hoping for a true flatbread. 

40 minutes ago, D C said:

Seriously? When were you on-board?
In Nov and Jan (on Reflection), it was a full size, round, (pepperoni in our case) pizza that was identical to what we had for lunch in Oceanview.  Exactly the same crust, ingredients, etc.  I was really hoping for a true flatbread. 

Ours on Silhouette was definitely a flat bread and we stated all we wanted on it so ingredients to order. We were on Reflection a few years ago, same then…

22 hours ago, chemmo said:

Ours on Silhouette was definitely a flat bread and we stated all we wanted on it so ingredients to order. We were on Reflection a few years ago, same then…

Ingredients to order on the Reflection as well, but it was just a pizza.  Glad we didn't EACH order one!