Live From Eurodam March 30 until April 10

Crazy For Cats

1 hour ago, farawaygal said:

Can you tell me please if there is an electrical outlet at the bedside end table. A picture of the location of the outlet would be great. Thanks in advance.

Here you go.  Keep in mind that we are in a Neptune Suite. 

20220407_144006.thumb.jpg.fe468aacf4f58338f216643f7523d36a.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, dfish said:

Your excursion sounds like the one from you know where.  No lunch stop could be dangerous for some people who have to maintain steady blood sugar.  It isn't like you could bring a sack lunch with you.

They kept telling us to have a big breakfast.  But when your full you are full.  We did take a couple of bananas with us at the concierges recommendation.  They didn't help much.  

• Like 5

Jake, thank you for taking us along on your cruise.  It sounds like you both are having a great cruise.  I just caught up as today is the first time I've had to read your Live From since we just off the Koningsdam on Sunday.   

All I can say, is Yikes 😱 about the tour in Panama.  I'd definitely talk to the Shore Excursion manager.  If they didn't know about the excessive time on the bus with unscheduled stops and missing scheduled stops, they should.  

We also enjoyed the Tamarind on the Koningsdam and found several things we liked.  At least, they did not run out of Club Orange bags as we know someone who received one last week.

That was nice of the Neptune concierge to give you another Tamarind dinner.  Glad the fan is helping in the room. 

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

They kept telling us to have a big breakfast.  But when your full you are full.  We did take a couple of bananas with us at the concierges recommendation.  They didn't help much.  

It is always a good idea to take some sugar boiled sweets with you in case your sugar levels drop.

My late mam who had type 2 diabetes always did this.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Crazy For Cats said:

They told us to eat a big breakfast too, but they also told us to get ready when we were at the second lock, but then the excursion didn't start until much later. We were out of the locks around 8AM. The Ticket said 9:45, but they said not to pay attention to that and be ready by the time we were out of the locks. We didn't start until 10:45, so we hadn't eaten since 8AM. I think we would have been okay if the excursion started on time and was its reported 6 hour tour instead of starting late and being an hour and a half longer.

We stopped for a bathroom break at some sort of convenience store/restaurant and bought some food there.

• Like 3

Good Morning,  last night's dinner in the Tamarind was very good. 

Not sure why DH's pictures are upside down.  He took them 😉

I had the soup.

20220407_181942.thumb.jpg.97f3f459089fd9526618a571c4b94ab8.jpg

DH had the lobster shrimp pot sticker

20220407_181935.thumb.jpg.c7f34e8d64603902fef415a378ca4e35.jpg

I had the lamb.

20220407_183238.thumb.jpg.7037559ce1a43a97846ce47ed509b7c0.jpg

DH had the steak.

20220407_183229.thumb.jpg.ae32b36857aeb7b312d28118474ae539.jpg

We both had exotic fruits for dessert. 

20220407_185610.thumb.jpg.69baf0d2eec2dcac9ad0134477045f63.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Future Cruise Deposit form.  Not nearly as good as it used to be.

I think the only advantage to purchasing Future Cruise Deposits is that it covers the deposit.

Are they offering any special incentives to make a firm booking onboard?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VMax1700 said:

I think the only advantage to purchasing Future Cruise Deposits is that it covers the deposit.

Are they offering any special incentives to make a firm booking onboard?

I haven't seen anything to make me book now.  We are booked through summer next year.   Perhaps when we are on the Zaandam in June we will look closer.

• Like 2

I made it to the Ask the Captain session.  The only question that was interesting to me was about the line that broke yesterday.   I wasn't aware that a line broke as we were getting ready to depart.   No one was hurt.  They caught it all on camera and it's under review.

20220408_090409.thumb.jpg.82527fc65f92dd6c4f29531c95212994.jpg

• Like 10

5 hours ago, Crazy For Cats said:

I made it to the Ask the Captain session.  The only question that was interesting to me was about the line that broke yesterday.   I wasn't aware that a line broke as we were getting ready to depart.   No one was hurt.  They caught it all on camera and it's under review.

20220408_090409.thumb.jpg.82527fc65f92dd6c4f29531c95212994.jpg

Jake, a question about the Ask the Captain.  We've always liked it since you could always count on someone to ask the oddball question.  The last four weeks on the Koningsdam, instead of the passengers asking the questions live, they were asked to write them down and turn them in to an 

Entertainment Team member.  The Cruse Director then read the questions after the video presentation.  We could tell he had "censored" any unusual questions, and found the session rather dull.  This was a change from our cruise in November and December on the same ship.  I was wondering how it is being handled on the Eurodam.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Jake, a question about the Ask the Captain.  We've always liked it since you could always count on someone to ask the oddball question.  The last four weeks on the Koningsdam, instead of the passengers asking the questions live, they were asked to write them down and turn them in to an 

Entertainment Team member.  The Cruse Director then read the questions after the video presentation.  We could tell he had "censored" any unusual questions, and found the session rather dull.  This was a change from our cruise in November and December on the same ship.  I was wondering how it is being handled on the Eurodam.

That sucks. If you are going to do that why have them?   I was on the koningsdam in November and I heard answers I knew were a lie.  Maybe they are getting tired of being busted.  You might be able to fool newbies with answers but not us upper tier Mariners.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Most of the questions were given to a crew member for them to ask the captain.  The question about the line came directly from a passenger in the front row.

• Like 3

While waiting in the lounge we chatted with one of the concierges.  They admitted that the issue with the sir is widespread.   They are not allowed to change airflow because of covid protocols. 

Just as we were finishing up a New York couple came in complaining that they can't find a cool spot on the ship. Their room is a sauna. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

While waiting in the lounge we chatted with one of the concierges.  They admitted that the issue with the sir is widespread.   They are not allowed to change airflow because of covid protocols. 

Just as we were finishing up a New York couple came in complaining that they can't find a cool spot on the ship. Their room is a sauna. 

Great. I board in three weeks. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

It’s one thing I hate is a very warm cabin as I like to keep very cool in there to sleep.  I feel sorry for all affected by this.  

• Like 2