Celebrity have released new guidelines for transatlantic cruises.

sunlover33

4 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Funny -  I hadn't looked until I just saw your message.   I just looked at the new protocols and said... good still 2 days.  

I just looked at both the App and PC and on both the pop up screen has disappeared and no where does it say either 1 or 2 day.       Are you seeing the 1 day in a popup or somewhere else.

Previously there was a popup that said protocols would be coming shortly.

On my other cruises out of Sothampton -  I get a popup but only says Be Ready to Board -  Review our Health and Safety Protocols  -   rest of the page blank.      When I click continue it show the boarding pass with the Health and Safety Questionnaire - Not yet cleared to board. 

@Jim_Iain: I can find it in two places for my April 30 TA on the Apex.  I have already checked in, but when I click on "Check In" the page now says that we need antigen or PCR tests "taken no more than 1 day before boarding day."  Also, when I click on "Health" one of the paragraphs says the same thing.  I interpret your message to mean that on your April 8 TA on Silhouette, you are finding "2 days" in both places.  Which reinforces my belief that somebody at Celebrity understands that your TA is different because of the absence of stops in Spain, Italy, or Amsterdam.

Tom & Judy

1 hour ago, TFree said:

@Jim_Iain: I can find it in two places for my April 30 TA on the Apex.  I have already checked in, but when I click on "Check In" the page now says that we need antigen or PCR tests "taken no more than 1 day before boarding day."  Also, when I click on "Health" one of the paragraphs says the same thing.  I interpret your message to mean that on your April 8 TA on Silhouette, you are finding "2 days" in both places.  Which reinforces my belief that somebody at Celebrity understands that your TA is different because of the absence of stops in Spain, Italy, or Amsterdam.

Tom & Judy

Yes.. you are correct.  Our Silhouette 4/8 sailing we do not stop in Spain, Italy or Amsterdam.   This must be why our instructions were that testing was 2 days instead of 1 day before departure.   Celebrity really can confuse things.   I can only imagine the guidelines for European Sailings -  probably a matrix of departure ports, Destination Ports and stops.

The footnote in the Transatlantic Travel Requirements as of March 30, 2022

* For itineraries that have port of call OR end in Spain, Italy or Amsterdam, pre-arrival test must be within one day of sailing regardless of homeport.

1 hour ago, TFree said:

Tom & Judy

You are probably correct, the Silhouette TA to the UK is not included in the 1-day pre board Covid requirement which specifically only mentions Spain, Italy and Amsterdam. 

Here is the excerpt: 

For itineraries that have port of call OR end in Spain, Italy or Amsterdam, pre-arrival test must be within one day of sailing regardless of homeport.

Edited by terrydtx

I’m going to wait until we receive something from Celebrity before my anxiety kicks in 😂. We sail from Rome in May. Not a transatlantic, but from what it sounds like we would need to test the day before sailing. This is so confusing to me, as Italy doesn’t even require testing to enter the country if vaccinated and boosted, so why would Celebrity require a negative test one day before? We already planned on testing Wednesday morning before heading to the airport for our Friday sailing. The last thing I want to have to do is test once there! Ugh! This almost wants to make me change our flight to arrive the day of sailing……as I said, I will see what Celebrity has to say.

Just now, Purplsmurf said:

I’m going to wait until we receive something from Celebrity before my anxiety kicks in 😂. We sail from Rome in May. Not a transatlantic, but from what it sounds like we would need to test the day before sailing. This is so confusing to me, as Italy doesn’t even require testing to enter the country if vaccinated and boosted, so why would Celebrity require a negative test one day before? We already planned on testing Wednesday morning before heading to the airport for our Friday sailing. The last thing I want to have to do is test once there! Ugh! This almost wants to make me change our flight to arrive the day of sailing……as I said, I will see what Celebrity has to say.

At this point the only thing posted is for the TA's.     I wouldn't even speculate until they post the protocols hopefully in the next 10 days.

I can understand your frustration, confusion and anxiety as we have no clue what to expect on our April 21 Silhouette cruise.  I'm just taking it one day at a time and am sure it will work out for all of us and  we will have a wonderful safe vacation.   

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

At this point the only thing posted is for the TA's.     I wouldn't even speculate until they post the protocols hopefully in the next 10 days.

I can understand your frustration, confusion and anxiety as we have no clue what to expect on our April 21 Silhouette cruise.  I'm just taking it one day at a time and am sure it will work out for all of us and  we will have a wonderful safe vacation.   

You’re right. The OP mentioned that they felt that the protocols would be the same for summer sailings in Europe, so I just through that out there.

8 minutes ago, Purplsmurf said:

You’re right. The OP mentioned that they felt that the protocols would be the same for summer sailings in Europe, so I just through that out there.

The OP was only speculating on the protocols for the summer sailings, not based on anything official from Celebrity.  Since Italy no longer is requiring pre-entry testing for fully vaccinated travelers, it make so sense for a cruise line to require them for any cruise that ends or stops in Italy, but it is totally Celebrity's call.

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, BEAV said:

I’m on the April 22 Edge sailing. I wish I’d looked at the app yesterday to confirm/compare if it said 2 days prior. Today it says 1 day prior. 

The part that makes no sense to me is Spain’s accepting a test taken on April 21, but not April 20, when our first Spanish port isn’t until May 2. But since not much in life makes sense anymore, I’ll just follow the rules!

And I’ll be watching the roll calls for Connie and Reflection Transatlantics since they depart before Edge. 

Yep, this is the part that makes no sense, you are going to be in transit for a week. If this is a cut and paste situation from the air requirements for Spain, you should have to be tested at sea, the day before the first port.

Edited by cangelmd
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Purplsmurf said:

We cruise in late May out of Civitavecchia. I spoke with my CVP today and she stated that they have only released info for the TA’s. No timeline when cruises for Europe would be released but stated it will be placed on the website and an email sent. I have read the new Covid restrictions for Italy that go into effect tomorrow but they only go through the end of April at this time. It looks like in order to cruise from Italy the only requirements would be fully vaccinated and boosted depending on your last dose of the vaccine and also masking up inside the ship unless eating or drinking.

I get the feeling that Celebrity is still going to require testing. Holland America is the only cruise line that has eliminated pre cruise testing to date that I can find. Of course things change by the day so who knows what May will look like. I’m planning to take the self proctored tests along to do at the hotel. I have looked at the different cruise line websites and I have found pre cruise testing requirements ranging from three days prior to the cruise down to one day and this is for fully vaccinated guests. Makes no sense but I guess each cruise line will do what they want. 

https://www.italia.it/en/covid19

3 hours ago, ncgolferette said:

Thank you for posting this. 

Page 7 clearly reads testing is to be done 1 day prior to embarkation for cruises that will call in SPAIN. And just below that (still on page 7), it says the shipping company is to conduct DAILY temperature checks. It’ll be interesting to see whether Celebrity follows this Spanish requirement.

I sailed Crystal Symphony in September (during the Delta variant), and we had daily temperature checks performed. Page 6 also mentions temperature checks are to be done as part of the embarkation process. 

35 minutes ago, cruisingator2 said:

We cruise in late May out of Civitavecchia. I spoke with my CVP today and she stated that they have only released info for the TA’s. No timeline when cruises for Europe would be released but stated it will be placed on the website and an email sent. I have read the new Covid restrictions for Italy that go into effect tomorrow but they only go through the end of April at this time. It looks like in order to cruise from Italy the only requirements would be fully vaccinated and boosted depending on your last dose of the vaccine and also masking up inside the ship unless eating or drinking.

I get the feeling that Celebrity is still going to require testing. Holland America is the only cruise line that has eliminated pre cruise testing to date that I can find. Of course things change by the day so who knows what May will look like. I’m planning to take the self proctored tests along to do at the hotel. I have looked at the different cruise line websites and I have found pre cruise testing requirements ranging from three days prior to the cruise down to one day and this is for fully vaccinated guests. Makes no sense but I guess each cruise line will do what they want. 

https://www.italia.it/en/covid19

I have no problem getting tested. I’m just hoping that it’s still 2 days before sailing  and not one. If they do change it then we will test Wednesday morning and if negative  go to the airport and fly to Rome and then test immediately Thursday morning when we arrive for our Friday sailing. I want to make sure that we are negative before leaving the US.

52 minutes ago, BEAV said:

Thank you for posting this. 

Page 7 clearly reads testing is to be done 1 day prior to embarkation for cruises that will call in SPAIN. And just below that (still on page 7), it says the shipping company is to conduct DAILY temperature checks. It’ll be interesting to see whether Celebrity follows this Spanish requirement.

I sailed Crystal Symphony in September (during the Delta variant), and we had daily temperature checks performed. Page 6 also mentions temperature checks are to be done as part of the embarkation process. 

The text more specifically reads, “all passengers must be tested AT LEAST 24 hours prior to boarding” it doesn’t say there is a maximum time before boarding. None of this makes sense from a practical standpoint of stopping Covid. If it did the test would be administered within 1 day of arrival in Spain.

Edited by rM3panno

Additionally, this makes no sense to lump Italy into these requirements for these sailings as they are scrapping pre arrival testing altogether except for unvaccinated visitors. 🤦‍♂️

Edited by rM3panno

49 minutes ago, rM3panno said:

The text more specifically reads, “all passengers must be tested AT LEAST 24 hours prior to boarding” it doesn’t say there is a maximum time before boarding. None of this makes sense from a practical standpoint of stopping Covid. If it did the test would be administered within 1 day of arrival in Spain.

Thanks for catching, pointing that out.

Unfortunately, the wording in the Celebrity app for the Edge April 22 sailing reads “all guests must show a negative result not taken more than 1 day prior to boarding day”. 

Agreed, none of it makes practical sense as we don’t hit Spain until day 11.  

I guess they’re going to rely on the daily temperature checks to be the gauge whether anyone becomes infected en route to Spain. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BEAV said:

Unfortunately, the wording in the Celebrity app for the Edge April 22 sailing reads “all guests must show a negative result not taken more than 1 day prior to boarding day”. 

I guess they’re going to rely on the daily temperature checks to be the gauge whether anyone becomes infected en route to Spain. 🤷‍♂️

To further complicate this, if you take Celebrity’s wording “not more than one day” and contrast it with Spain’s of “at least 24 hours” you have a real issue of timing. If I just read Celebrity’s policy I would tend to think they just do day of boarding testing at the pier. I’m going to e-mail and hope for some semblance of reasoning in the reply.

23 minutes ago, rM3panno said:

I have emailed my shoreside concierge and Celebrity one touch/engagement center regarding the change and seeking more details. 

Thanks, and good luck.

I’ll mail you $20 bucks to put on the roulette wheel for your efforts. 👍

5 hours ago, Purplsmurf said:

I was just speculating, I have no further information at present but just thought it indicated that  Celebrity will  insist on pre cruise testing, even if no testing  requirements for individual countries. . We are in the same position sailing from Civitavecchia in July and arriving one day pre cruise which would mean  trying to find testing in Italy. 

2 hours ago, BEAV said:

What daily temperature checks? No checks on any Celebrity cruises that we have done.

27 minutes ago, the penguins said:

What daily temperature checks? No checks on any Celebrity cruises that we have done.

In the link in post #52 for Transatlantic cruises that call in Spain. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ncgolferette said:

Very interesting, thank you!  Page 7, ouch, in the "During the itinerary" section - temperature checks every day.    And as someone pointed out, Spain says "All passengers must be tested AT LEAST 24 hours prior to boarding" so a difference in verbiage.  We will see how this all falls out.  I am trying to find this document other than in the docreader format but can't.    

39 minutes ago, Purplsmurf said:

Spain doesn’t require testing to enter if fully vaccinated……hopefully Celebrity will clear things up soon

That may be true but apparently, they do require any cruise ships docking in Spain to test passengers within 24 hours before boarding a cruise regardless of the home port. This is spelled out in post #74 above.