Celebrity have released new guidelines for transatlantic cruises.

sunlover33

Interesting that in order for our vaccinations to be considered up to date, our second dose or booster must be within 9 months of sailing. Otherwise, we are subject to mid cruise testing and for departing in Italy Spain or Netherlands, pre departure testing. I sure hope these rules change by our Reflection cruise in August, although we were boosted in February so our vaccinations would be considered up to date. Last thing I want, is running around Rome to get tested the day before we board.

Edited by terrydtx

6 minutes ago, Airbalancer said:

Major pain ,

now need to be test a day before getting on the ship heading to Amsterdam 

I was hoping getting testing tested 2 days before would cover our flight to the USA and getting on the ship 

I agree, a major pain! really wanted to know before we leave the UK that I would be able to board! Spain and Italy mean we will now need a day before test. It seems bizarre to me!

7 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

Interesting that in order for our vaccinations to be considered up to date, our second dose or booster must be within 9 months of sailing. Otherwise, we are subject to mid cruise testing and for departing in Italy Spain or Netherlands, pre departure testing. I sure hope these rules change by our Reflection cruise in August, although we were boosted in February so our vaccinations would be considered up to date. Last thing I want, is running around Rome to get tested the day before we board.

I believe it is stating if your 2nd dose is more than 270 days you need a booster shot to avoid other testing. We are traveling to Italy later this year and that is their requirement right now. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

Interesting that in order for our vaccinations to be considered up to date, our second dose or booster must be within 9 months of sailing otherwise we are subject to mid cruise testing and for departing in Italy Spain or Netherlands, pre departure testing.

I don't believe the booster has to have been within those nine months.  Here is Celebrity's language:

"Guests who are either more than 9 months (270 days) from their final vaccine dose OR have not been boosted will be subject to additional testing onboard at their expense. These tests will cost $42 per person, per test."

"If you are fully vaccinated and either within 9 months (270 days) of your final primary dose OR Boosted, no additional testing is required. The 270 days must extend to the final day of the cruise."

"If you are fully vaccinated but NOT within 9 months (270 days) of your final primary dose OR boosted, you will be subject to additional testing during the sailing at your own expense. These tests will cost $42 per test, per person."

It's an either-or situation.  If your last primary dose was not with 270 days of sailing, but you have been boosted, you are fine.  No mid-cruise testing required.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, cbfb said:

I believe it is stating if your 2nd dose is more than 270 days you need a booster shot to avoid other testing. We are traveling to Italy later this year and that is their requirement right now. 

I agree; I was typing the same thing (above) just as you posted. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

"If you are fully vaccinated and either within 9 months (270 days) of your final primary dose OR Boosted, no additional testing is required. The 270 days must extend to the final day of the cruise."

I have to disagree, it is pretty clear your final vaccination dose or boosted dose must be within 270 days of departure. If you like us were vaccinated in early 2021 the booster is the only way you can be within the 270 days for cruises this year to be considered up to date

26 minutes ago, cbfb said:

I believe that is what I said in my post. Either your second dose is within 270 days or your booster is within 270 days to be Up To Date. 

Edited by terrydtx

11 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

I believe that is what I said in my post. Either your second dose is within 270 days or your booster is within 270 days to be Up To Date. 

I also disagree with you. If your second dose (or single J&J dose) was more than 270 days ago, you need to be boosted. It doesn't matter how long ago you were boosted.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, RichYak said:

I also disagree with you. If your second dose (or single J&J dose) was more than 270 days ago, you need to be boosted. It doesn't matter how long ago you were boosted.

After reading this again you are right I missed the "either" and read it as just the "or".  ( 2 doses or boosted) This would mean many of us would not need a second booster for cruises later in the year. 

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Admittedly I have not finished my first cup of coffee but I’m not finding anything in the link posted other than the US travel requirements.  Where is the info on transatlantic cruises?

1.  Finish cup of coffee

2.  Go back to the link

3.  Find the pretty picture that says "Transatlantic Spring 2022 Requirements as of March 30, 2022"

4.  Click on the "Learn More" box within it

You're welcome.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

I predict this is going to cause a lot of of angst and new Cruise Critic threads!

Meanwhile, here I sit, recovering I pray from Covid, that I likely got on Edge last week, trying to parse out whether or not I need a Certificate of Recovery for my May trip!

I read the guidelines as being if the last day of your cruise is less than 270 days from the date of your last shot, you are good to go. We were already planning on second boosters, now we will get them sooner rather than later - his 270 days runs out the day we disembark in May

Be aware of this though, as I was looking at the requirements on Celeb website for Certificate of Recovery, it still says you should be 14 days out from you last dose of vaccine. I’m almost positive that this is old verbiage, and they are referring to second dose of primary series, not any boosters, BUT, if I was sailing on an April TA and was going to get boosted - go do that today!

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Honolulu Blue said:

1.  Finish cup of coffee

2.  Go back to the link

3.  Find the pretty picture that says "Transatlantic Spring 2022 Requirements as of March 30, 2022"

4.  Click on the "Learn More" box within it

You're welcome.

Coffee finished went back still no info other than US.  DH tried his PC no info or  pretty picture.  

Just tried again and got the pretty pictures!  

Thanks

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

So from what I read,  we need a PCR test one day prior to flying to our embarkation port, another  PCR within two days of embarkation,  another PCR test before we depart for our debarkation port, and another PCR  test one day before flying back to the US.  What a pain.  Plus carrying six Binax Now tests,  Double pain. 

1 hour ago, terrydtx said:

it is pretty clear your final vaccination dose or boosted dose must be within 270 days of departure.

12 minutes ago, jwlane said:

That's not what it says.

It is most definitely not what it says.  After multiple people informed @terrydtx that he had completely misread Celebrity's language, he finally admitted that he had.  (See comment 18 above.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1