Attestation Form...7 pages

lakelivin2

Do we still need to fill in the passenger disclosure and attestation to board the plane to the USA?  I know it's mainly a list of exemptions, but do we need to print it off? Looking for answers from those that have recently crossed the border.  Thanks!

For our flight on Westjet this month, on March 18, during check in you had to attest to that information and confirm you review the form.  There was a link to click on to review the PDF, that you had click before it would let you continue.  No one anywhere asked us for the hard copy of the attestation form.

In December on Air Canada, it was the same and we attested to the information during check in and no one asked us for the form.

Back in August of 2021, we did have to complete the form, and there was a table with people reviewing and collecting the forms in Toronto airport, but that was not the case in October 2021 or December 2021.

1 hour ago, lakelivin2 said:

Do we still need to fill in the passenger disclosure and attestation to board the plane to the USA?  I know it's mainly a list of exemptions, but do we need to print it off? Looking for answers from those that have recently crossed the border.  Thanks!

It's still a CDC requirement. Best to check with your airline on how they are handling it.

• Thanks 1

Does anyone know what the Air Canada attestation questions are, specifically to recent travel outside of Canada? We will be getting home from Cairo 13 days before our flight to Vancouver. Is this going to be an issue? We are both vaxxed and boosted.

1 hour ago, Dismomx5 said:

Does anyone know what the Air Canada attestation questions are, specifically to recent travel outside of Canada? We will be getting home from Cairo 13 days before our flight to Vancouver. Is this going to be an issue? We are both vaxxed and boosted.

I haven’t seen what AC is asking recently, but WJ didn’t specifically ask when I did online checkin with them on the weekend.  But most of the travel-related questions I’ve seen have had to do with travel and being told to quarantine, not with the actual travel alone.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, *Miss G* said:

I am boarding an AC flight back to Canada tomorrow and there is no attestation form to fill it.  It’s for flights to the US; not Canada.  The ArriveCAN app will ask you about countries visited, though.

5 hours ago, bookbabe said:

I haven’t seen what AC is asking recently, but WJ didn’t specifically ask when I did online checkin with them on the weekend.  But most of the travel-related questions I’ve seen have had to do with travel and being told to quarantine, not with the actual travel alone.

Thank you both. This helps to alleviate another worry. 🙂

13 hours ago, lakelivin2 said:

It is still in the list of Air Canada requirements for boarding, and in the list of CDC requirements for entry into the USA then yes. Pages 1 and 2 are actually your personal attestation to your vaccine status and to your negative Covid test status. Pages in between are exemptions for emergency care professionals, essential services suppliers (covered under another set of rules) etc. The last page (7) is your handwritten. signature declaring your are the person signing, by your own hand. I wouldn’t mess with that requirement though it isn’t always asked for….

• Thanks 1

On 3/25/2022 at 11:00 PM, Tango99 said:

On the ArriveCan app you will be asked specifically about your recent travel prior to arrival in Canada ,and if you will be staying with essential health care workers etc when you arrive and if you have made arrangements for isolation/quarantine should that be needed. You will also be given an option to sign up with your coordinates for testing (at GC expense) should you be randomly selected. The arrive can app is essential if you want to self declare as it gives you a QR code to present to customs. If you don’t have it you will be tested, and subject to mandatory 14 day quarantine….regardless of your vaccination status. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Tango99 said:

It is still in the list of Air Canada requirements for boarding, and in the list of CDC requirements for entry into the USA then yes. Pages 1 and 2 are actually your personal attestation to your vaccine status and to your negative Covid test status. Pages in between are exemptions for emergency care professionals, essential services suppliers (covered under another set of rules) etc. The last page (7) is your handwritten. signature declaring your are the person signing, by your own hand. I wouldn’t mess with that requirement though it isn’t always asked for….

I printed off ( all 7 pages ) and was actually called up to the counter to show it- along with about 10 other people - right before they called boarding.

This was a flight from YYZ - SJU over March break. I’ve never shown that form before. I had all my other documents done through the air canada app. 

Edited by son3cruisers
  • Thanks 1

On 4/1/2022 at 12:27 AM, son3cruisers said:

I printed off ( all 7 pages ) and was actually called up to the counter to show it- along with about 10 other people - right before they called boarding.

This was a flight from YYZ - SJU over March break. I’ve never shown that form before. I had all my other documents done through the air canada app. 

Good to know. Thanks you for that. Maybe SJU, as they’re part of the USA, stick to the US regulations for the island. 

My wife flew American into the US a couple days ago and she completed the attestation electronically through the Verifly app (same app Carnival cruise lines uses), no paper copy was needed. 

When we flew Air Canada to the US in July 2021 they were collecting paper copies and checking test results from everyone at the airport, but I believe they now have a digital verification option as well. 

Edited by cmich068

I just did our electronic check in for WestJet and it had a box that said you confirm that you read, understand and comply with the requirements in the document. I guess we will find out tomorrow morning if that is all we need.

• Like 1

We just flew to FLL with AC and this was part of the check in process. Tick the box and confirm you have read and comply with the form. No paper copy needed. I always use the AC app so that may be different from checking in on their website. It was the same with WJ in February.

• Like 2

Flew to LAX on AC last Sunday. Just as @CaptainBazz said  I ticked the box during online check in and no paper was required. My husband had to check in at the counter due to an e upgrade issue.  The agent just read the appropriate passage and checked him in. 

• Like 1