Diamond+ during b2b

beachfanatic

6 minutes ago, beachfanatic said:

Has anyone gotten to Diamond+ on the second week of doing a b2b?  Were you able to get them to give the recognition for the second week?

This is the Celebrity Boards -- Elite or Elite+

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, beachfanatic said:

Has anyone gotten to Diamond+ on the second week of doing a b2b?  Were you able to get them to give the recognition for the second week?

Yes. At least that was our experience. For the second leg we received all D+ perks/benefits. We talked with the with the LA the first day or two during the first leg to allow the LA to expedite the process for the second leg.

Edited by davekathy

3 hours ago, beachfanatic said:

I believe it is if you reach "+" during the first leg, your 2nd leg is recognized. However if you only reach "+" during the 2nd leg, you'll be recognized on next trip.  At least that's how one rep explained it to us.

1 hour ago, mitz18 said:

I believe it is if you reach "+" during the first leg, your 2nd leg is recognized. However if you only reach "+" during the 2nd leg, you'll be recognized on next trip.  At least that's how one rep explained it to us.

You are correct.  Loyalty points are applied after completing the cruise.  While it generally takes a week to 14 days to have the loyalty points applied to your Captain's Club account, if on a B2B that process will be expedited and folks enjoy the perks of their new status on the second leg.

19 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I'm not sure how one can reach Diamond+ by sailing on Celebrity.  First of all, that distinction does not exist on Celebrity.  And to the best of my knowledge, one cannot earn points on RCL by sailing on Celebrity.

You can't. 

First off, I told the OP basically he was on the wrong thread, and secondly, he states he is on the second leg of the B2B and making D+ on that leg.  That's how I read his post.   Technically, he is not entitled to D+ recognition or benefits until his next Royal cruise.  Now, he can go talk to the Loyalty guy on board, and he may or may not do anything for him.

1 hour ago, Wineaux007 said:

First off, I told the OP basically he was on the wrong thread, and secondly, he states he is on the second leg of the B2B and making D+ on that leg.  That's how I read his post.   Technically, he is not entitled to D+ recognition or benefits until his next Royal cruise.  Now, he can go talk to the Loyalty guy on board, and he may or may not do anything for him.

The reciprocal benefits are capped at Diamond/Elite.  I think the OP either doesn’t understand how points work between the 2 lines or as you said is totally on the wrong  board.

Edited by jelayne
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, jelayne said:

The reciprocal benefits are capped at Diamond/Elite.  I think the OP either doesn’t understand how points work between the 2 lines or as you said is totally on the wrong  board.

Yup, mixing apples & oranges, but either way, I believe you don't get the benefit earned midway during a cruise until the next cruise.

I assumed our OP was confused about Celebrity loyalty and misnamed the levels of the Celebrity Captain's Club.  This confusion has happened on other posts.  But no matter what -- the perks associated with a higher level of loyalty are not applied mid-cruise but after the leg has been completed.

10 hours ago, Wineaux007 said:

Yup, mixing apples & oranges, but either way, I believe you don't get the benefit earned midway during a cruise until the next cruise.

Correct. You don't get the tier jump (D to D+) mid way thru the first leg of their B2B cruise. As I posted before if @beachfanaticspeaks with the LA early during the first leg, the LA can expedite the tier level change onboard and the OP will receive the D+ tier level and all perks/benefits associated with D+ for the second leg of the B2B cruise. Speaking from experience and others on the RCI forum have posted the same experiences. 

2 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Correct. You don't get the tier jump (D to D+) mid way thru the first leg of their B2B cruise. As I posted before if @beachfanaticspeaks with the LA early during the first leg, the LA can expedite the tier level change onboard and the OP will receive the D+ tier level and all perks/benefits associated with D+ for the second leg of the B2B cruise. Speaking from experience and others on the RCI forum have posted the same experiences. 

Everything you said is probably correct, but reread the OP's original post, it appears he turns to D+ sometime during the 2nd leg.  That's how I read it.  In that case, as Northern Aurora states, benefits are not applied mid-cruise.

7 minutes ago, Wineaux007 said:

Everything you said is probably correct, but reread the OP's original post, it appears he turns to D+ sometime during the 2nd leg.  That's how I read it.  In that case, as Northern Aurora states, benefits are not applied mid-cruise.

I believe we all can agree 100% benefits/perks are not given mid-cruise. No matter if cruising with Celebrity or RC. I just reread the post and I can see how you would interpret it that way also. 

I'm surprised the CC Mod Squad hasn't moved this thread. 

Edited by davekathy

2 hours ago, davekathy said:

I believe we all can agree 100% benefits/perks are not given mid-cruise. No matter if cruising with Celebrity or RC. I just reread the post and I can see how you would interpret it that way also. 

I'm surprised the CC Mod Squad hasn't moved this thread. 

I'm surprised the OP hasn't come back on to clarify.  😉

• Like 1

15 hours ago, jelayne said:

Didn’t reciprocity used to go through the plus levels?  In any case, I guess we don’t have to go on another Royal Caribbean cruise just to make Elite Plus.

6 hours ago, Mark_K said:

Didn’t reciprocity used to go through the plus levels?  In any case, I guess we don’t have to go on another Royal Caribbean cruise just to make Elite Plus.

You can't get to Elite Plus through Royal Caribbean, the only way to get there is by earning the requisite points on Celebrity cruises, always been that way.   

• Like 2

If you are diamond on Royal you get a courtesy enrollment as elite on Celebrity with zero Celebrity points. You have to cruise on Celebrity starting from zero points all the way up to get to elite plus.

Similarly if you are elite and Celebrity you get a courtesy enrollment at the diamond level on Royal with zero Royal points. You then have to cruise on Royal to get enough points to achieve diamond plus.

The points are not additive across the two lines.

Now back to the original query.  If you are on back to back Cruises and at the end of the first cruise you achieve the points that would get you to a new level, they will be able to do that for the second cruise. Usually there’s a wait of a couple of weeks to see the new points in your account, but the loyalty ambassador will be able to do it manually for you on a back to back.

You cannot change levels during a cruise. You must complete a cruise to get to the new level.