Black Friday specials

barb65

Does Norwegian run any Black Friday specials (reduced pricing) on their dining packages? We went on a Royal Caribbean cruise a few years ago and they had a Black Friday special for their dining package and their drink/beverage package.

IIRC, their BF deals is just a re-spin of the current promotion.  The BF deal is just re-marketing the %off and maybe throw in some other item into the free-at-sea package like free addl passengers or airfare or cruisefirst.  Likely will not affect prices on add-on items such as packages, excursions, etc.

About 5-6 years ago, I called my PCC to book a cruise on black friday. I specifically asked for a discount and she gave us $50 per person off our price. Tried again more recently with no luck. 

So, you could try, but don't hold out for it. I think those days are gone! 

21 hours ago, barb65 said:

Does Norwegian run any Black Friday specials (reduced pricing) on their dining packages? We went on a Royal Caribbean cruise a few years ago and they had a Black Friday special for their dining package and their drink/beverage package.

Find a good Travel Agent one who discounts all cruises.  You should be able to find one who gives at least an 8% discount.  (Every time I get one of those surveys from CC asking how they can improve I point out that allowing discussions of TA pricing would do more to help those who cruise than anything else.)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MSUjohn said:

the day after thanksgiving. if you are not american which i assume it will be 

Friday November 25 this year.

You couldn't make it up, thanksgiving followed by the equivalent of the Purge.

18 hours ago, ziggyuk said:

You couldn't make it up, thanksgiving followed by the equivalent of the Purge.

thanks giving is always the last Thursday of the month of November and for most jobs it is a four day holiday weekend, so it sorta makes sense. that said several years ago retailers started opening thanksgiving evening, or even afternoon to get a jump on their competition.  i viewed forcing very poorly paid retail workers to miss out on their families so people could buy cheap made in china crap that they didn't need  as well.....kinda shitty.

22 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

Find a good Travel Agent one who discounts all cruises.  You should be able to find one who gives at least an 8% discount.  (Every time I get one of those surveys from CC asking how they can improve I point out that allowing discussions of TA pricing would do more to help those who cruise than anything else.)

When I first joined Cruise Critic recommendations for travel agents was allowed.  I found a great one and used her for many years (she, unfortunately, passed away).

There was, however, a lot of bickering ...... "my travel agent is better than your travel agent."