Carnival Raising Onboard Prices

Lee Cruiser

https://www.thestreet.com/investing/carnival-raises-onboard-prices-will-royal-caribbean-follow?puc=yahoo&cm_ven=YAHOO

Can't say we didn't see this coming with the prices of everything rising steadily now.  Looks like drink packages, specialty dining and internet prices will be climbing.

Edited by Lee Cruiser
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, kdr69 said:

Not sure what he means by "package" pricing.  havent seen any offers that include Airfare yet.

Hmm.  HAL recently offered a promotion that included a flight credit... and they also offer the Have it All promotion.  Will Carnival soon offer something similar?

9 minutes ago, jabberjaw070596 said:

Maybe some of the other companies under the Carnival Corporation?

It probably does include all the lines under the Carnival Corporation brand.  I'm sure it is handled differently with each one.  For Carnival itself it would probably include things like the Fly to Fun, Cheers Packages and specialty dining.

• It seems to me the article was referring(for CCL): Cheers, Bottomless Bubbles, shore excursions, the 3 meal deal package, specialty dining(ughhh).  Wellll, that's just about everything. :classic_blink:

Can't comment on Fly to the Fun, as we don't participate in that. 

• Like 1

Yeah, I think it pertains mostly to other cruise brands under the corporation. So far, there have been no changes in dining pricing, drink pricing, or the Cheers packages on Carnival. One article said how those prices are all dynamic, but that's not true for the Carnival brand; it's one set price that's clearly published. 

I didn’t waste anytime. I was going to get Cheers anyway for July. Simply didn’t yet because of procrastination. Definitely went on today and secured the $51/day. 

If nothing happens between now and July so be it. Like I said, I was going to book it anyway.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ray985 said:

One article said how those prices are all dynamic, but that's not true for the Carnival brand; it's one set price that's clearly published. 

On my 8 day cruise in January, value internet was $10.80 per day.  All of my other cruises were/are the usual $10.20 per day.

12 hours ago, kdr69 said:

Not sure what he means by "package" pricing.  havent seen any offers that include Airfare yet.

There have been a couple of things we have noticed.  Fly2fun is not one of them, and we have talked to them recently.

• Like 1

On 4/1/2022 at 10:19 AM, TheMettins said:

Hmm.  HAL recently offered a promotion that included a flight credit... and they also offer the Have it All promotion.  Will Carnival soon offer something similar?

It'd be great if Carnival offered something similar to "Have It All" and I believe they'd increase revenue by doing so.  I've used "Have It ALL" on HAL, and would get it get it if Carnival offered it at a comparable price as well; Cheers is too expensive because we couldn't possibly drink enough every day to break even.

On 4/1/2022 at 11:09 AM, Lee Cruiser said:

I'm on the Vista in September.  How much are those currently?

Just off Vista today. The dining package of the three $15 credits for $38, a savings of $7pp was advertised in the elevator. I'll assume they still offer the other package which includes the Steakhouse for $60, a savings of $8pp.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mondello said:

Just off Vista today. The dining package of the three $15 credits for $38, a savings of $7pp was advertised in the elevator. I'll assume they still offer the other package which includes the Steakhouse for $60, a savings of $8pp.

I was in the other elevator. Can confirm $60 for 3

• Thanks 1

On 4/1/2022 at 5:49 PM, DMac1983 said:

I didn’t waste anytime. I was going to get Cheers anyway for July. Simply didn’t yet because of procrastination. Definitely went on today and secured the $51/day. 

If nothing happens between now and July so be it. Like I said, I was going to book it anyway.

SAME!