?'s For those that have successfully used VeriFLY to checkin

bar1068

12 hours ago, bar1068 said:

Totally get that. We cruise the end of this month. I dl'ed the app, and input all information I can at this point. Negative covid test is all thats left to input a couple of days prior to sailing.

What I'm looking for is more "accurate" accounts of how well the app works and any time savings. I've seen posts on various social media outlets of how folks "breezed through checkin"...some saying all they showed to checkin was the app. No mention of showing a boarding pass, bc, passport, nothing but the app, which I don't think is the case. And with Carnival going through some "growing pains" implementing it at various ports, and the seemingly minor or little time savings, I'm thinking it's not really worth it, unless Carnival was to require it.

As I recall, boarding passes are checked before you even enter a terminal and are needed at various places. Verifly is only useful at the covid checking station (or whatever it might be called).

Used paper docs in Jan and March. Took all of about 5 seconds each. No way more than a minute can be attributed to using paper rather than verify, except not having the paper in order. If you are a disorganized person, maybe you should use the app and it will tell you when you are complete and it keeps it all in one place.

Not saying anyone should not use the app if they want to but no one needs to use it to save time.

We sailed out of Galveston on March 26th. 

The lines were HUGE. When we got to the check point, the agent asked if we had VeriFLY. When we told her we did, she said she was relieved as it made it much quicker. She looked at our boarding pass and showed her VeriFLY in my phone for all 3 of us and away we went. 

Now people in my Facebook group had different experiences and some were told the opposite.  All I can say was in my own experience it was very quick and easy. 

• Like 1

From various reports I have seen, it seems to depend a lot on the individual agent you get at check in. Even if it only saves 30 second or a minute per person when you multiply that by 2000 people it adds up.

For people that have used the app more than once.  Will we need in input everything again for the next cruise?  We understand we will need to do the negative test and health attestation, but does the other stuff stay in there from one cruise to another?

We used it on our current cruise out of Tampa.  It was an easy process.

Edited by Gregoryfo

We just got back from a cruise out of Miami and used Verifly.  It went very smooth.  We had our documents in case we needed them but they only checked the Verify app which had both our information entered and we were quickly on our way.

We cruised over New year 2021/2022 as well where we didn't use Verifly.  Using Verifly was maybe a bit quicker and we didn't need to produce our documents but both experiences were similar. Overall I would use Verifly again if offered but will still have the documents carried with me in case it is needed so it doesn't save a lot.

On the 3/26/22 Dream sailing out of Galveston, it was all in who was checking you in.  Our customer service rep didn't want us to show her Verifly and made us show all of our documents.  The rep standing next to her, was using Verifly instead of all the forms.  I'm sure it will become more widely used as time goes on.

3 hours ago, LHARTWICK said:

Just received FIFTEEN (literally) copies of an e-mail from CCL asking us to download the Verifly app. As I type this, more copies are hitting my In Box.......

Haha. We had this too. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, wbrownmtsu said:

On the 3/26/22 Dream sailing out of Galveston, it was all in who was checking you in.  Our customer service rep didn't want us to show her Verifly and made us show all of our documents.  The rep standing next to her, was using Verifly instead of all the forms.  I'm sure it will become more widely used as time goes on.

yes. Same cruise. Mine was relieved we had it. Bizarre. 

We had it for our Mardi Gras departure two weeks ago.  They asked to see the Verifly app, and then proceeded to ask us for all of our covid paperwork.  Luckily we anticipated this scenario and had it all printed out and ready.  We asked about it and we were told they are still checking the accuracy of the app.  I believe others just had to show the app, but I was going on vacation, so I really didn't bother to look that hard.

3 hours ago, Safetyal said:

We had it for our Mardi Gras departure two weeks ago.  They asked to see the Verifly app, and then proceeded to ask us for all of our covid paperwork.  Luckily we anticipated this scenario and had it all printed out and ready.  We asked about it and we were told they are still checking the accuracy of the app.  I believe others just had to show the app, but I was going on vacation, so I really didn't bother to look that hard.

So I asked this earlier but maybe I wasn't clear. Can we have both mine  and my wife's info in VeriFly on one phone or does she need to download it on her phone as well? We will obviously still have all of the paperwork until the bugs get out of the embarkation day system. I apologize for being redundant. 

6 hours ago, JandPB said:

So I asked this earlier but maybe I wasn't clear. Can we have both mine  and my wife's info in VeriFly on one phone or does she need to download it on her phone as well? We will obviously still have all of the paperwork until the bugs get out of the embarkation day system. I apologize for being redundant. 

You can have them all on one phone.

We just got off the Valor and I had myself wife and both kids all one one phone.

Took no time at all to get checked in.

• Like 2

On 4/3/2022 at 9:42 PM, Gregoryfo said:

For people that have used the app more than once.  Will we need in input everything again for the next cruise?  We understand we will need to do the negative test and health attestation, but does the other stuff stay in there from one cruise to another?

We used it on our current cruise out of Tampa.  It was an easy process.

We are booked again for June and the app is asking for everything again. I figured it would capture the Covid info and photos, but it is asking me to enter them again.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JandPB said:

We had verify on only one phone.  They were fine with that.

• Like 1

On 4/2/2022 at 8:15 AM, bar1068 said:

Totally get that. We cruise the end of this month. I dl'ed the app, and input all information I can at this point. Negative covid test is all thats left to input a couple of days prior to sailing.

What I'm looking for is more "accurate" accounts of how well the app works and any time savings. I've seen posts on various social media outlets of how folks "breezed through checkin"...some saying all they showed to checkin was the app. No mention of showing a boarding pass, bc, passport, nothing but the app, which I don't think is the case. And with Carnival going through some "growing pains" implementing it at various ports, and the seemingly minor or little time savings, I'm thinking it's not really worth it, unless Carnival was to require it.

We used it in January. Boarding pass is needed. The person verifying your info before you go thru security scans the barcode on the your right corner when they scan the qr code on verifly. That's all they "need" to see, VerifFLY & viewing boarding pass. But some agents don't trust the app so they ask to see hard copies. Honestly you won't know until you walk up to the podium which agent wants to see what. On mine it was only about 30 seconds from the time i walked up to the agent to the time I walked away. Took me longer to put my test results,  vaccine card & passport up than it did to verify. At check in, the counter after security, again all they need is your boarding pass, possibly take a pic & cash if you didn't setup your spending account with a cc. Then off you go to get on the ship. Time saving is really worth it but all depends on the agent you end up with. Good luck 😁

On 4/2/2022 at 8:15 AM, bar1068 said:

Duplicate 

Edited by babygrljaz
Duplicate

3 hours ago, nydney1 said:

We are booked again for June and the app is asking for everything again. I figured it would capture the Covid info and photos, but it is asking me to enter them again.

I thought the same. New picture is understandable, some people look different within a matter of days. But vaccine only changes if you need to add the booster

13 hours ago, Buck Turgidson said:

I just got 18 emails

I think my final count was also 18 - LOL!!!  I also find it funny that not only are they asking that we do the whole Verifly thing, but they are also asking us to still bring the paper versions of all of the same documents.  Just for grins (and IF I have time) I may go ahead and download the Verifly app and attempt to use it.  Does my husband also need it on his phone or can I upload all of his info to my Verifly app on my account?  Haven't really had time to look into all of the details yet.  Too busy trying to get my office work done!! Oh, and I also have to pack!  😁

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LHARTWICK said:

I think my final count was also 18 - LOL!!!  I also find it funny that not only are they asking that we do the whole Verifly thing, but they are also asking us to still bring the paper versions of all of the same documents.  Just for grins (and IF I have time) I may go ahead and download the Verifly app and attempt to use it.  Does my husband also need it on his phone or can I upload all of his info to my Verifly app on my account?  Haven't really had time to look into all of the details yet.  Too busy trying to get my office work done!! Oh, and I also have to pack!  😁

Everyone on your booking can be on 1 device

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, LHARTWICK said:

i got 2 more today and started the verifly process, both on the same phone

In late February, I did the whole Verifly thing (was so proud of myself that I figured it out!)  and then the check-in person, waived it away and just used all the paper stuff (which I brought, just in case).

I’ll try again if its offered for the Spirit; I have a Europe trip planned in May and I definitely will be using it for that trip so I want to be as familiar with the app as possible.

• Like 1

For grins & giggles (keepin' it clean! 😝) I've installed the app and am getting everything set up.  It's surprisingly easy so far, even for me!  My curiosity got the best of me really.....I'll obviously still bring along the paper docs.  Guess it's just my own little experiment to see if it actually works and to see how much time it saves, if any.  We'll see!  Tested this morning so just waiting on results so I can upload those.  We sail on Saturday - yay!

• Like 1

It was a waste of time for me a couple weeks ago at Port Canaveral. The rep glanced at the app for covid only and then I was sent to another rep to look at passports and paperwork. In my case I think it actually took more time. If they just looked at the green good to board on your phone app, it would save time... but that is not what is happening at Port Canaveral.