Message from HAL this morning

flamingos

Hi, I'm new to HAL and don't know if this is of importance. I got an email this morning that said 

IMPORTANT NOTIFICATION This notification is to advise that your assigned check in time for your upcoming voyage has been assigned or has changed. Please take a moment to review and print the boarding pass page in your documents from Online Check In or update your electronic boarding pass in our Navigator app on your phone or tablet to present to our staff at check in.

I dutifully went to my page and double-checked my check-in information, but at the end, there is this message:

Express Docs will be available approximately Thursday, April 7, 2022 . You will be notified or please revisit Online Check-in.

Am I missing something important?

You can see your current pier check-in time on your boarding pass. It may be the same as you had previously or it may have changed.

The boarding pass is not finalized until the QC code is in the lower left hand corner which according to the last message you received will be on April 7th. You can then print your boarding pass. That code is scanned upon check-in at the pier.

The check in time is a joke, we've been on 65 cruises with 23 with Holland America and never has anyone at the cruise terminal checked our check in time. 

We live in Florida and are early birds as we drive to Fort Lauderdale for most of our cruises and are usually among the first to board the ship regardless of check in time. We sailed on the Rotterdam 2 weeks ago and our check in time was for 2:30, we boarded the Rotterdam at 11:35.

Edited by MISTER 67

Check in times are not looked at while embarking with Holland America. The rush is normally between 11-12:30 when there may be a line. The doors usually open for embark at 10 with boarding the ship at 11. The ships have been sailing with reduced numbers so there is less strain on the system. VeriFly does make the process a lot easier if you are able to download that and enter all your documents successfully.

OK, this is fun.  I went to my account, both on the app and on the website, and it says I have no bookings, even when I put in my booking number.  It has a different Mariner ID number than the one that's on my booking confirmation.

When I go to Manage My Bookings, it shows up.

Is this something to be concerned about? How can I fix this?

3 hours ago, flamingos said:

Hi, I'm new to HAL and don't know if this is of importance. I got an email this morning that said 

IMPORTANT NOTIFICATION This notification is to advise that your assigned check in time for your upcoming voyage has been assigned or has changed. Please take a moment to review and print the boarding pass page in your documents from Online Check In or update your electronic boarding pass in our Navigator app on your phone or tablet to present to our staff at check in.

I dutifully went to my page and double-checked my check-in information, but at the end, there is this message:

Express Docs will be available approximately Thursday, April 7, 2022 . You will be notified or please revisit Online Check-in.

Am I missing something important?

I got the same on Saturday after going through a flight cancellation (itinerary cancelled, flights had not been cancelled, screwup at AA or HAL)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, flamingos said:

OK, this is fun.  I went to my account, both on the app and on the website, and it says I have no bookings, even when I put in my booking number.  It has a different Mariner ID number than the one that's on my booking confirmation.

You may have to contact the Mariner Society at 1‐800‐547‐9139 and let them know about the two different Mariner numbers. The system erroneously generated a new Mariner number for my DW one time when we booked online. A simple phone call corrected that error.

• Like 2

Had the same issue as OP on a booking a few weeks back. HAL's website has been experiencing some glitches over the past couple of weeks, according to a mariner society rep I spoke with. These issues range from not applying future cruise deposits properly, the OP's issue, to not applying past cruise day credits for mariner society star/medallion standing. They claim these issues are ongoing and did not have a time estimate for a resolution.

• Thanks 1

We got just the opposite. Big notice from HAL for final payment due along with booking number, itinerary, and standard full reservation form.

Except in the upper left hand corner under status of reservation, it clearly says "cancelled". Which it has been for a long time. We thought we were fully off the books at HAL on that long cancelled reservation, but the machine had a mind of its own.

Hey, it was nice to be reminded of old times when getting that final payment due message was a welcome harbinger of adventures to come. Now just a sad reminder of what can never be. (For us)

2 hours ago, flamingos said:

wow I wonder if they have upgraded their system and wil have issues.

I bet if you call the phone lines will be very busy.   

good luck in getting it all straighten out.  Sounds like Disney a month ago.

Hi, Flamingos,

Our boarding time for a December Rotterdam cruise changed 4 times. We arrived an hour early because we had test result issues. We arrived at Noon for 1 PM boarding time, were tested, approved and in our cabin before 12:40. And our luggage was already there! KUDOS HAL!

Jim

• Like 1

Thank you for all the replies. I called and got a very nice woman within a minute, and got it straightened out.  My birthdate was wrong so they made a new profile for me; once she corrected it everything is as it should be.

I appreciate the help!

• Like 1

The same happened to us before our recent cruise. Got to the cruise terminal over an hour before our assigned time and were told to come right in even when I told them we were early.  And we were on the ship in 10 minutes!

• Like 1

A week ago we showed up at 10:30 am (assigned time was 1 PM but we had Priority boarding) and were let right in.  By 10:45 am we were seated in waiting area (San Diego) and at 11:30 am we were allowed to board (Priority first then A group).  Placed our carryons in our cabin and went right to lunch.

• Like 1

On 4/3/2022 at 9:37 AM, MISTER 67 said:

The check in time is a joke, we've been on 65 cruises with 23 with Holland America and never has anyone at the cruise terminal checked our check in time. 

We live in Florida and are early birds as we drive to Fort Lauderdale for most of our cruises and are usually among the first to board the ship regardless of check in time. We sailed on the Rotterdam 2 weeks ago and our check in time was for 2:30, we boarded the Rotterdam at 11:35.

I agree, check-in times were not adhered to.  Our check-in time I believe was B (12 - 12:30 I think it was).  We got to the pier around 11:50 and the line was ABSURD.  It took us about 1-1/2  hours before we were on the ship. And once we finally made it into the building, I felt like I was in line for a Disney ride  without any of the signs saying, "You are umpteen minutes from this ride!"   Longest we have ever waited to board a ship.  But once we were on board, it was a fabulous trip!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, LadyBerard said:

I agree, check-in times were not adhered to.  Our check-in time I believe was B (12 - 12:30 I think it was).  We got to the pier around 11:50 and the line was ABSURD.  It took us about 1-1/2  hours before we were on the ship. And once we finally made it into the building, I felt like I was in line for a Disney ride  without any of the signs saying, "You are umpteen minutes from this ride!"   Longest we have ever waited to board a ship.  But once we were on board, it was a fabulous trip!

Which departure port?

6 hours ago, LadyBerard said:

Fort Lauderdale

Okay, that explains a lot for me. Many people are reporting a very different (much less chaotic) boarding experience in San Diego where we'll be boarding on 4/13. Happy to hear that your experience was not in San Diego. 🙂

26 minutes ago, KroozNut said:

Okay, that explains a lot for me. Many people are reporting a very different (much less chaotic) boarding experience in San Diego where we'll be boarding on 4/13. Happy to hear that your experience was not in San Diego. 🙂

Please keep us posted on your boarding experience in San Diego for April 13! We were just assigned a San Diego boarding time of 4 pm on April 26 on the Nieuw Amsterdam, which seems somewhat late. (The ship is in port all day as part of a longer Fort Lauderdale-San Diego-Vancouver sailing, and it does not leave San Diego until 10 pm.) Would love to get on earlier if it's possible.

11 minutes ago, lalauren said:

Please keep us posted on your boarding experience in San Diego for April 13! We were just assigned a San Diego boarding time of 4 pm on April 26 on the Nieuw Amsterdam, which seems somewhat late. (The ship is in port all day as part of a longer Fort Lauderdale-San Diego-Vancouver sailing, and it does not leave San Diego until 10 pm.) Would love to get on earlier if it's possible.

I'll try to after we return on the 22nd. I won't be posting anything here while on the cruise, just before and possibly after.

For starters, we were originally assigned a mid afternoon boarding time (Group C) for a 4 pm departure which we didn't particularly like, and then we got bumped back to later in  the afternoon (Group D). That prompted me to call HAL and request an earlier boarding assignment time, which they accomodated. 🙂Now we're happy campers with a (now) final assignment to Group A. 😃

4 minutes ago, KroozNut said:

I'll try to after we return on the 22nd. I won't be posting anything here while on the cruise, just before and possibly after.

For starters, we were originally assigned a mid afternoon boarding time (Group C) for a 4 pm departure which we didn't particularly like, and then we got bumped back to later in  the afternoon (Group D). That prompted me to call HAL and request an earlier boarding assignment time, which they accomodated. 🙂Now we're happy campers with a (now) final assignment to Group A. 😃

Thank you! We currently have boarding group J but also have a guarantee suite room (for the first time) with the stateroom still to be assigned. Based on your message, it sounds like more boarding group changes could be to come. I may also try calling as we get closer to sail date if the boarding time is still late.

• Like 1

On 4/3/2022 at 8:08 AM, flamingos said:

Somehow I ended up with 3 different Mariner numbers. A phone call to the number listed for Mariner’s Club resolved it easily. And yes, do be concerned—I ended up with more stars by combining them under 1 brand new number. Yay!

• Haha 1