Uniworld problem….double billing

Begete

We have taken over 20 cruises on various cruise lines and determined that we were willing to spend the extra money to cruise with Uniworld. Everything about our preCovid Danube river cruise was perfect, to our taste and far exceeded our expectations.

So now that it is again possible to travel, we booked a cruise with Uniworld thru Province and Burgundy……according to their records, twice! They double charged our credit card, admit it was an error, verbally, but with two very large charges, our credit limit has been exceeded on, of all things, our COSTCO Visa, and Uniworld is unwilling to do anything about it…..saying, it “should” be resolved in about 30 days.

Since our bank froze this card, we have been receiving email from charities and vendors we authorize to charge our card each month telling us their monthly debit had been denied. We are further concerned about what this may do to our previously almost perfect credit rating.

Has anyone else encountered this kind of problem?

Yeah, I wouldn't be waiting on Uniworld at this point. You can give them a courtesy warning that you will be disputing the charge with your credit card, or just do it - a dispute will guarantee you get their attention...

• Like 2

OP - Cruise Critic has a forum dedicated to River Cruises:  https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/115-river-cruising/

Post there and it will be seen, and commented upon, by more river - and particularly Uniworld - cruisers.  I agree with Twickenham; let the credit card company should take care of it. 

I hope you get it straightened out soon without additional aggravation. We did the Uniworld Seine/Rhone Rivers cruise in 2016 and it was great.

We once booked a cruise with Uniworld, but never will again. After final payment, they chartered the ship. They offered different cruises, but they were not to the ports we wanted to visit. And they are much better at taking your money than refunding it. I finally got someone on a Friday to do me the "big favor" of processing the refund on the following Monday for a cruise that they cancelled when I told them that we needed the credit back on the card to book a new land vacation to where we would have been going.