The Daily for Tuesday 04/05/2022

richwmn

@Cruzin Terri Flying these days is a high stress operation.   I'm glad you are going to go and Roy has a point.  You won't have to try to stay up until check in time at your hotel.  

Once coming back from Ireland we were delayed a whole day.  There was something wrong in the left wing of the airplane.  You kind of want the wings to function properly, so I wasn't too unhappy when we taxied back to the gate.  I new we were cancelled for the day when I saw them taking the luggage off the plane.  I do have to say that Delta did an excellent job on that one.  We were off the plane, had our luggage and checked into the hotel in under an hour.   At the hotel they came down the line and took our names and handed us a key card.  They put us in the system after they had all of us in a room.  The next day we were on the same plane, same flight crew and they treated us like royalty.   They had an expedited check in process and it took no time.  And, we got an extra day in Dublin on Delta.  

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

At least if you do leave at 11:30 your room in Barcelona will be ready when you arrive.

Roy

i have been thinking about that Roy.  Originally we were supposed to arrive at 7:25 am and I was hoping they would have a room ready.  Now we won’t have that worry.

Terri

• Like 13

1 hour ago, marshhawk said:

I hope they feed you more than cookies and coffee on the flight over.

Ok, this is a question for those who use purses- when you empty them out looking for something-what do you have the most of?/  I was hoping for my keys, but i found over 20 shopping lists.

1 hour ago, marshhawk said:

Ok, this is a question for those who use purses- when you empty them out looking for something-what do you have the most of?/  I was hoping for my keys, but i found over 20 shopping lists.

Lists and receipts!

6 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

I certainly did not mean to cause all this drama.  But I appreciate all the support.

God bless you all,

Terri

Not drama at all Terri!  I’ve been thinking of you all day. We are flying AA late May two days early. I recently found out that someone on our roll call is arriving the same day!  Crazy. Can you imagine the stress that would create. No way I would do that. Thank goodness you have some leeway but I agree about going Business class and not wanting to give that up, it happened to us once when they changed aircraft on a connecting flight. Things will work out!

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Thanks  for all the daily reports, have not been to Turkey, appreciate seeing the photos.

@dfish good news of your scan result, hope you soon find out the cause of the pain.

@smitty34877 such good news that you and Tana slept until 5 am.

@cunnorl hope you get the flight destination corrected,  I have had that experience with the HAL website, the website persisted in wanting to send me to an airport in North America,(but not DH)  rather than to our local airport here in New Zealand, our travel agent was unable to have it changed, once on board the ship, the concierge had the airport destination corrected.  It was a weird experienc

@NextOne hope you have enjoyed your birthday lunch, good that your niece recieved a prompt diagnosis.

@Cruzin Terri so sorry that you have had your flight delayed, you and DH must be very tired, hope that you both get a decent sleep during the flight. 

It's a sunny day, but a  cold wind.

Stay safe, take care everyone.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

Well, when life gives you lemons, make lemonade.  All the people in Business Class are now friends. We have all been hanging around together in the lounge and talking and commisrating, etc.  

One man is on a Viking Cruise leaving Barcelona tomorrow.  He is pretty sure he is going to miss it.  Missed his flight yesterday and now he is late today. 

Now that we all know each other it should be an interesting flight.

That;s if we don’t all fall asleep.

terri

• Like 11

18 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Well, when life gives you lemons, make lemonade.  All the people in Business Class are now friends. We have all been hanging around together in the lounge and talking and commisrating, etc.  

One man is on a Viking Cruise leaving Barcelona tomorrow.  He is pretty sure he is going to miss it.  Missed his flight yesterday and now he is late today. 

Now that we all know each other it should be an interesting flight.

That;s if we don’t all fall asleep.

terri

Great attitude and at least now you’ll get some sleep vs. leaving early evening.  I’ve had several very delayed flights to Europe and checking in to the hotel, quick shower, and nice relaxing dinner with a few drinks makes the jet lag disappear in one day (compared to trying to stay awake and fill a whole day before going to sleep).  Good luck! 

• Like 11

9 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

No, not yet.  Day 44.  The wound was on the forehead but the the numbness is above the forehead on the top of my head, left half.  My nerves are slow at reconnecting it seems.🤕

I'm sorry to hear this.

I hope the numbness clears soon.

Screenshot_20211209_095955.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1