Utopia of the Seas Blocks Are In The House!

Just now, Scoobydobe7 said:

When bookings open, will they only go out to April 2025 or further into the year??

Thanks..

April 2025 at the furthest.  Possibly only January 2025.  Allure is scheduled until then so I think there may be another movement of ships at that time.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You have a much better chance of having the ships moving to your desired ports than you do with this request.

That's what a good TA is for, or so I've been told. 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, sandebeach said:

My happy place would be for Icon to move to Port Canaveral, Wonder to Miami and Utopia to Ft Lauderdale. And for prices to be reasonable!!!!!

Agree.  Since Icon is so geared towards family cruising, it's a much better fit for sailing out of the family oriented tourist area of PC/Orlando.  Utopia should go to a more adult oriented port.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Am I the only one who doesn't actually want Icon to come to PC?

Neither do I -- overpriced and very oriented to famines.  However, we may sail on her if my kids and grandkids book it and it's out of Port C.  It's possible that a sister ship could come to Port C. We're doing a family cruise on Wonder later on in the summer.  

The Next Cruise Consultant on our recent Indy Cruise said that Townhouse Suite on Icon has some weeks selling for $130,000.  If someone wants to pay that price, at least it helps Royal Caribbean pay their Covid-caused debt.  

Edited by SherriZ366
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

Nope, you are not alone. We have no desire to try Icon; let the kids go crazy on it! We prefer the Oasis class down to the Voyager class but also prefer cruises for 7+ nights; no shorties for us!

17 minutes ago, SherriZ366 said:

very oriented to famines

Famine on a cruise ship??? Noooo! 🤣

Sorry, couldn’t help it.

I’m fine with kids on the ship. I kinda have to be since my wife is a teacher. A lot of the new extra stuff just doesn’t appeal to me (except the included food).

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

April 2025 at the furthest.  Possibly only January 2025.  Allure is scheduled until then so I think there may be another movement of ships at that time.

Allure leaves Port C and moves to Miami in July 2024.

3 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Famine on a cruise ship??? Noooo! 🤣

Sorry, couldn’t help it.

I’m fine with kids on the ship. I kinda have to be since my wife is a teacher. A lot of the new extra stuff just doesn’t appeal to me (except the included food).

🤣 not a famine.  

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

We would love to have the Icon in PC. And maybe down the road the Utopia.  Easier to drive to than Miami.  But in the meanwhile we'll enjoy access to the Wonder.

2 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Never say never, but right now, we have no desire to sail on Icon.  Since we live just 10 minutes from PC, we agree 100%!

1 minute ago, pstone1 said:

Never say never, but right now, we have no desire to sail on Icon.  Since we live just 10 minutes from PC, we agree 100%!

Hoping to see you and Jim on the  Utopia. it's been far too long since I have seen you guys 

2 hours ago, molly361 said:

Hoping to see you and Jim on the  Utopia. it's been far too long since I have seen you guys 

I agree - and I was thinking the same thing!  Haven’t sailed out of PC in a long time, but hope to change that soon!

• Like 1

On 6/16/2023 at 8:19 AM, RobInMN said:

I get that. That's why I specifically mentioned Wonder, as opposed to Oasis thought Symphony. There's sort of a principal involved, with the idea that brand new ships are launched out of Miami on mostly 7 day itineraries. Icon's not going to move that soon (and probably not at all until Icon 2 is launched), so move the next newest ship to PC with the newest ship in Miami.

Pt Canaveral currently holds the title as busiest cruise port in the world.  Makes sense to give her a fitting ship for the weekend market.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, sandebeach said:

My happy place would be for Icon to move to Port Canaveral, Wonder to Miami and Utopia to Ft Lauderdale. And for prices to be reasonable!!!!!

Pretty sure the humor thread got moved to Floataway 

• Haha 3