Insurance question please.

On 6/24/2022 at 9:30 PM, CCC's said:

If you don't have a credit card with complimentary travel insurance attached you could consider the NAB Platinum DEBIT CARD which has travel insurance with covid cover,  and it takes 5 minutes to apply online.   Being a Debit Card you will be using your available funds for any purchases.   It is worth checking out as their travel insurance will cover the whole family for each and every travel excursion taken.   However,  there is a $10 monthly fee to maintain the Debit Card account. 

You need to be under 76 for this insurance to cover you for any medical

Cheers Carole

NIB don't have an age limit.   I think InsureAndGo have an age limit of 79 for cruises.  Are they members of Probus?  Not sure if you have to be to get their insurance but they don't have an age limited.

I went mad going round in circles for weeks looking at insurances before I bit the bullet and took out an Annual Multi Trip with NIB.  I'm 81.

5 hours ago, springaussie said:

My Parents are doing a domestic package tour with a 2 night Princess Cruise Sydney to Melbourne in November for 8 days. 79 and 77 they will be. 

Any suggestions for insurance covering both. 

1cover domestic with the cruise add-on will mostly cover it, pending any pre-existing medical.

They don't cover any domestic medical or cancellation costs due to covid, but Princess currently credits any such need to cancel. Not sure how the covid fine print fits around with the land portion of their tour - basically, medicare covers medical ashore, but not sure what would happen should covid require them to cancel.

• 4 weeks later...

Well I give up, sort of😉this new world is proving somewhat of a challenge....unfortunately I had a pretty major reaction to booster #2 being Moderna and ended up in my own, i work in the hospital, ED for 8 hours due to a heart that wanted to do a very fast Samba instead of a waltz.      

I now have to declare on my travel insurance for next cruise, in November, that a very old and beautifully managed condition,  cured by star wars surgery,  kicked off due to a CoVid drug !!!!!

My policy has skyrocketed to the point I have just cancelled 4 international cruises between now and August next year, except one which i bought a balcony cabin super cheap..just as well we cancelled our world cruise for next year...shoot me now....😁 😇🤣🤣

30 minutes ago, badgerbill said:

Well I give up, sort of😉this new world is proving somewhat of a challenge....unfortunately I had a pretty major reaction to booster #2 being Moderna and ended up in my own, i work in the hospital, ED for 8 hours due to a heart that wanted to do a very fast Samba instead of a waltz.      

I now have to declare on my travel insurance for next cruise, in November, that a very old and beautifully managed condition,  cured by star wars surgery,  kicked off due to a CoVid drug !!!!!

My policy has skyrocketed to the point I have just cancelled 4 international cruises between now and August next year, except one which i bought a balcony cabin super cheap..just as well we cancelled our world cruise for next year...shoot me now....😁 😇🤣🤣

I'm so sorry to learn of your major reaction to booster No.2.  When I had my last booster recently, the nurse asked if I had any heart problems. 

We met originally on the inaugural Rhapsody of the Seas cruise from Hawaii. 

What a bummer to have to cancel all your cruises except one cruise.

1 hour ago, badgerbill said:

So sorry to hear this Shiona.

26 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

I'm so sorry to learn of your major reaction to booster No.2.  When I had my last booster recent a fabuloutly, the nurse asked if I had any heart problems. 

We met originally on the inaugural Rhapsody of the Seas cruise from Hawaii. 

What a bummer to have to cancel all your cruises except one cruise.

I had no problems with AstraZeneca  or Pfizer so Moderna was a slap in the face big time...at least I'm still here that's all the matters and I will line up for whatever jab is required to get some kind of control over this virus.....

I know we met back in 2007 for  Rhapsody's inaugural cruise to Australia, what a fantastic cruise that was, John and I still laugh about the funny little things, like running out of Australian beer and  tea bags because they didn't think Australians drank tea 🤣 and running briefly  aground on the reef at Moorea...pretty sure we left a bucket load of paint on it...and ...not to mention Johns  rendition of "My Way " in the big theatre had more reruns on the cabin telly than Lassie.... another..oh my gosh moment was me curtesying to the Captain when we had our photos taken, wasn't  deliberate the ship lurched as we were presented to him.......lololol......such wonderful and dearly cherished memories .. won't mention I won 2 prizes in the CC meet and greet.......cruising isn't the same today.....but we shall cruise on.........

25 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

So sorry to hear this Shiona.

Bit of a smack in the face....but... could be worse... I look at it as being grounded for 12 months so will adjust our cruising accordingly.... 😉

On 4/6/2022 at 6:41 PM, aussiecruiser66 said:

Aus Traveller

We used to always buy 1Cover Annual Multi Trip Travel Insurance, but now they don't seem to want to know us. Our ages are 67 and 65.

We both have Platinum Visa credit cards so have decided to use their travel insurance from now on, as we always pay for our trips on their cards.

My question is- Is there some form of document that I can print, that proves we have ANZ Platinum Travel Insurance, that we can show if necessary to prove that we are covered by Travel Insurance. We are going to Fiji for a week in September and apparently we need to be able to show that we have Insurance.

Thanks in advance

We went to Fiji early July and as we have ANZ visa we used that for our insurance. I filled out their online questionnaire and they gave me an insurance certificate to show  to the airline.  There’s no mention of covid but they also email the policy Doc which it mentions covid.  I printed out the relevant page and highlighted “covid” and attached to the insurance certificate.  We have used ANZ platinum credit cards for years, the insurance is a bonus.  We have made several claims and never had a problem.