Missing Mariner Tiles & Luncheon ??

Jsipes

Am a 4 Star Mariner w/ 14 HAL Cruises.  Just completed a 7 day Feb Cruise on Konsingdam and did not receive a Mariner Tile at the end of cruise. We were told it would be mailed to our house.  7 weeks later and no tiles. Called HAL Headquarters... was told same story...will be mailed.  Then decided to do some research....discovered many cruisers on various ships are also hearing the same story,  with zero results, some since December 2021.  Also another disappointing change....no Mariner Luncheon on board Koningsdam cruise of Feb to Mexico.  No invitations to either Mariner Luncheon, nor Medallion Awards for 4 Stars. Thw question I have is :  A permanent fleet  change to Mariner benefits,  or just a glitch on a particular ships schedule.  Would appreciate a crewmember  or a cruise critic staff give an update on this topic.  Thanks .

I'm not a crew member or on the cruise critic staff but I can pass alone our recent experience w/the topic. 

Was on the Rotterdam in October and we got tiles, commemorative plate (maiden voyage) and enjoyed a nice Mariner's luncheon.  Also, received our 100 sea day medallions. Delivered to our room.  No ceremony but that works for us.  LOL. 

Was on the Nieuw Amsterdam in December and got tiles but no Mariner's luncheon (but it was a short 5 day cruise).

I'll be glad to mail you a tile if you'd like.  We love our collection but we need to figure out what to do w/them. Don't need 48 coasters!

I think the OP's point is not what to do with a tile to commemorate a cruise.  It is how Mariners are now being treated by HAL and if they say they will mail something to you can you believe them.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, USN59-79 said:

I think the OP's point is not what to do with a tile to commemorate a cruise.  It is how Mariners are now being treated by HAL and if they say they will mail something to you can you believe them.

Maybe.  But the front desk has never been a reliable source of information.  I’m more annoyed at the nickel and dime cutbacks.  I told hal I absolutely don’t want them to mail me a tile.  I’ll be the only one to receive one i  bet.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, USN59-79 said:

Exactly!

The tiles represent to me our first cruise with my now gone DDFollowimg my parents passion for cruising. Each tile brings memories. There is a story with each one. Now my wonderful memories with my late DH.  Please give the tiles to us who value them. 

• Thanks 1

Sometimes, we havent even gotten an invitation to the mariner's luncheon.  Actually, those were never a highlight of my cruises, sorry, but I liked getting the tiles.  Have no idea why.  Just a pile of them that my kids will throw out when I die. 

• Haha 2

On 4/8/2022 at 6:55 PM, albingirl said:

Just a pile of them that my kids will throw out when I die. 

I have informed the person who will be the Executor of my Estate that if he chooses to discard all of the memorabilia that I have collected and not try to sell it to the collectors of such, he will be throwing away money that his family and he will have inherited.  

On 4/8/2022 at 5:42 PM, Florida_gal_50 said:

But the front desk has never been a reliable source of information.

Unfortunately, I believe this is true.  The staff are well intentioned individuals.  But, they only know "what they know" and are too often kept in the dark regarding guests' concerns.  Used to be the Guest Relations Manager was readily available in such situations.  I remember that the person had a desk in the area of the Front Desk.  Now, this "august" person has an office behind the scenes; make an appointment?  Maybe available; maybe not.  

• Like 1

Just got off the Rotterdam.  No Mariner lunch but we found tiles in our bedroom one night mid-week.  I did happen to pass the BB King Lounge where they had the medallion presentation and noting passengers that had 2000 even 3000 sea days.  Wow.