Italy requirements pre cruise

I just paid for my cruise on 5/9 from Rome but still do not know if we need to be tested and if so will there be testing at the pier free of charge or pay for test. 30 days before we should know so they said .

8 minutes ago, rfs7306 said:

I just paid for my cruise on 5/9 from Rome but still do not know if we need to be tested and if so will there be testing at the pier free of charge or pay for test. 30 days before we should know so they said .

We sail from Rome on the 7th of May, so we're 29 days out now, and still no news. I guess they're leaving it as late as they can in case the various European governments change things again but it's a real pain not knowing.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/8/2022 at 12:35 PM, rfs7306 said:

We need to be tested 1 day before cruise which falls on a Sunday.  Lots of places closed on Sunday in Italy so I’m trying hard to find a place to be tested. Testing will not be available at the port per call to Royal but I’m checking into places in the town of Citivecchia.  We are on this cruise too

11 minutes ago, DONIC said:

We need to be tested 1 day before cruise which falls on a Sunday.  Lots of places closed on Sunday in Italy so I’m trying hard to find a place to be tested. Testing will not be available at the port per call to Royal but I’m checking into places in the town of Citivecchia.  We are on this cruise too

order the tests from Optum/Emed (there's a link on Royal's site when you go to the protocols for sailing from Civitavecchia), and bring them in your carry on bag, not checked luggage--order 2 per person in case of any issues with the tests or user error.  Pretty sure the internet will be open on a Sunday 🙂   We'll be bringing enough to also test to come home, in case that's still needed when we sail in June.  

• Like 1

On 4/8/2022 at 8:35 PM, rfs7306 said:

2 hours ago, DONIC said:

In Rome there are pharmacies open on Sundays. We also have a cruise leaving on a Monday (6/13), so, after the new protocols, we'll have to test on a Sunday....

I've been given 2 addresses, near our hotel --

Farmacia della Scrofa is open. Piazza Cardelli, 6/6a.

There was another near Pza Navona: Farmacia Tor Millina, Via Tor Millina, 6

There is also the option of doing it at Fiumicino.

17 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

In Rome there are pharmacies open on Sundays. We also have a cruise leaving on a Monday (6/13), so, after the new protocols, we'll have to test on a Sunday....

I've been given 2 addresses, near our hotel --

Farmacia della Scrofa is open. Piazza Cardelli, 6/6a.

There was another near Pza Navona: Farmacia Tor Millina, Via Tor Millina, 6

There is also the option of doing it at Fiumicino.

Thank you for the information.  I will reach out to our hotel and get some addresses also.