Horseshoe Bay

marnie2005

To me, a day at the beach is equal to pure and utter torture, but in all of my trips, we had never seen the pink sands, so we decided to finally make the trip. We were probably there for under an hour. Unfortunately, I got desperate for a drink....

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

To me, a day at the beach is equal to pure and utter torture, but in all of my trips, we had never seen the pink sands, so we decided to finally make the trip. We were probably there for under an hour. Unfortunately, I got desperate for a drink....

I almost always carry water even on travel when not going to  a beach. Cold and cool weather trips to Iceland and Yellowstone I had my refillable water bottle in my day pack. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/2/2022 at 10:40 AM, 1025cruise said:

I went to Horseshoe Bay this week. I only noticed lounge chairs.

And overpriced beverages. If I wasn't extremely in need of water, no way would I have spent that much money on a drink. Not sure what would have been cheaper, that or buying water on the ship....

I'll be taking a water bottle and don't plan to buy anything there.  Guess I should take some snacks too.  Might pack those.

On 7/2/2022 at 2:18 PM, 1025cruise said:

How were the pink sands??  I'm looking forward to seeing that.

On 7/20/2022 at 9:47 AM, moposh said:

How were the pink sands??  I'm looking forward to seeing that.

Not really pink pink.  Beach was beautiful, line for drinks was long, but worth it.  Rented 6 chairs and a tent for $130

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

I'll be honest, I wasn't impressed by the pink sands. Didn't look very pink. My wife did go put her feet in the water and said they looked pink from that angle.

How pink the sand looks changes with the position of the sun. It won’t look too pink in the middle of the day. 

• Like 2

Horseshoe Bay Beach last Wednesday (July 20) $70 for two chairs and a "tent". They called it a tent, but it was just one of those 4-cornered canopies that you see vendors use and at craft shows, etc. The line was incredibly long. The beach was packed. The 6 different lines at the refreshment station had no signs (food/drinks) at all. One person waited in a line for 35 minutes, only to find out that the line was for drinks and she was ordering food. If you were only one person and needed to order both food and drinks, you would have to wait in each separate line, for maybe 30+ minutes each. Then the wait for the food was over 40 minutes. I lost my Maui Jim sunglasses in the breaking surf! 😞 Otherwise, it was a great day!

2 hours ago, pisces223 said:

Horseshoe Bay Beach last Wednesday (July 20) $70 for two chairs and a "tent". They called it a tent, but it was just one of those 4-cornered canopies that you see vendors use and at craft shows, etc. The line was incredibly long. The beach was packed. The 6 different lines at the refreshment station had no signs (food/drinks) at all. One person waited in a line for 35 minutes, only to find out that the line was for drinks and she was ordering food. If you were only one person and needed to order both food and drinks, you would have to wait in each separate line, for maybe 30+ minutes each. Then the wait for the food was over 40 minutes. I lost my Maui Jim sunglasses in the breaking surf! 😞 Otherwise, it was a great day!

Do they still offer the two chairs and umbrella option?  Or is it now a "tent"?

6 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

Do they still offer the two chairs and umbrella option?  Or is it now a "tent"?

They do.  We got a tent because they just ran out of the umbrellas when we got there on Wednesday.  If you have more than two people, the pop up tent is the way to go IMO

• Like 1

1 minute ago, geegee1 said:

They do.  We got a tent because they just ran out of the umbrellas when we got there on Wednesday.  If you have more than two people, the pop up tent is the way to go IMO

Thank you.    It will just be my husband and I this time around so we would want the regular umbrella.

What time did you get there that they were out of umbrellas?  And did you take a taxi, bus or mini bus--sorry for so many questions, I am just trying to get up to date information!

3 hours ago, pisces223 said:

Yikes.  I'm planning to take some water and snacks and just use towels.  May be there for a few hours and not trying to spend a lot of money.  Will go back to the ship for lunch.

3 hours ago, vacation44 said:

Thank you.    It will just be my husband and I this time around so we would want the regular umbrella.

What time did you get there that they were out of umbrellas?  And did you take a taxi, bus or mini bus--sorry for so many questions, I am just trying to get up to date information!

Took the mini-bus, got there around 10:30/11

1 hour ago, big al said:

Do they take credit cards at Horseshoe Bch for chairs or just cash? Thanks...BTW, is King's Wharf the same as the Naval Docks?

They used to take credit cards but I can't say if they do now.

Kings Wharf is part of the Royal Naval Dockyard. It is one of two cruise ships berths there, the other being Heritage Wharf.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jandj1224 said:

Anyone have current information if Credit is accepted?  

What about for $7 transfers and taxis?  US Cash? 

US cash for the $7 shuttles and for taxis. There are some taxi drivers that take credit cards but many do not so you can't count on using a Credit Card. Also as a FYI they don't take Discover in Bermuda and only some merchants take AMEX. Also there will be a 3% transaction fee unless you use a card that does not charge foreign transaction  fees..

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/25/2022 at 11:04 AM, pisces223 said:

are people allowed to bring there own umbrella. I have a nice compact travel umbrella and prefer it. Thanks

1 hour ago, CruzCra-Z said:

are people allowed to bring there own umbrella. I have a nice compact travel umbrella and prefer it. Thanks

Yes, you can bring your umbrella. It is a public beach. Someone I sailed with in a group brought a fold out sun canopy. You could bring your own chairs too. 

On 7/25/2022 at 2:23 PM, moposh said:

Yikes.  I'm planning to take some water and snacks and just use towels.  May be there for a few hours and not trying to spend a lot of money.  Will go back to the ship for lunch.

Plenty of folks doing just that