Web based app for preparing for a cruise

caribill

I tried today to use the web based app for setting up for a cruise and have met with as much success as those who were early users of the smartphone based app.

I am thus asking if others have used the web based app successfully or can tell if I am doing anything wrong.

I tried this on two different computer Windows systems. Results were the same both times.

a) Windows 7 using Firefox

b) Windows 8.1 using Chrome

I selected the language of choice and signed in with my Princess account name and password. I did not try to set up a different sign in for this.

The screen then said it was loading. Nothing ever loaded or timed out. Just kept saying it was loading.

I know that the smartphone app only works with newer models and newer operating systems. Does the web based app require a Windows system newer than 8.1?

Any thoughts?

Thanks

I have had the opposite experience - the web based version allowed me to log in and complete my details. The app, despite me being logged in and it showing my sailing, when I tried to complete anything it kept taking me back to that same log in screen and then spinning and spinning. The whole thing has been a lesson in frustration and I've decided that I'm no longer going to even try...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Web-based worked for me.

Windows 10

Unable to do all the needed things for pre-cruise on the app. Logged in to the web-based as soon as it was available and finished everything it allows.

Unfortunately, it doesn't do ALL the app steps needed, but does do enough to get you on the ship.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

More and more we find this to be true...the only  solution that I have is to wait awhile...a day or two.  A server may be down, DNS out of whack, a fire at a data center....any number of things.  Possibly reboot your computer...reboot your cable or dsl modem...reboot your router.

The internet, which seemed kinda simple long ago is amazingly complex for us non-tecchies.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, konatyme said:

It worked for me with Windows 10, but had to log in with booking number rather than account name and password.

Thanks.

Logging in that way worked for me.

• Like 1

Thoughts after using the web based app:

It worked, but four comments.

1) After entering in the credit card info it went directly to ordering the Medallion. I did not expect that transition. I thought ordering the Medallion would be a separate sequence.

2) When ordering the Medallion the choices were top have it delivered to an address or pick up at the port, but the port option was marked not available. When entering in the address delivery info, it said if you were not in the USA or Puerto Rico (which is in the USA), it would be available at the port which was already marked as not available.

3) When entering in travel information, I chose family pickup (It did not say dropoff). Required information then was the name of the company, the reservation number, and the pickup address for this family transportation. It then asked for departure time, so I said 11 AM on embarkation day. It said I had to pick a day earlier than embarkation day for driving the 30 miles to the port, so I switched to a day earlier. It then asked for arrival time and I said 11 AM on embarkation day. It again said I had to pick a day earlier than embarkation day, so I switched arrival to a day earlier. It accepted that, having no problem with instant teleportation leaving at 11 AM and arriving at 11 AM.

4) It did not ask anything about dining options (Dining My Way). I am in Club Class, so I did not have to make select DMW options, but I wonder if the software was smart enough to detect this or if it is a glitch DMW was not offered.

Without konatyme's suggestion to sign in with booking number, I would not have been able to do this at all.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, caribill said:

Thoughts after using the web based app:

It worked, but four comments.

1) After entering in the credit card info it went directly to ordering the Medallion. I did not expect that transition. I thought ordering the Medallion would be a separate sequence.

2) When ordering the Medallion the choices were top have it delivered to an address or pick up at the port, but the port option was marked not available. When entering in the address delivery info, it said if you were not in the USA or Puerto Rico (which is in the USA), it would be available at the port which was already marked as not available.

3) When entering in travel information, I chose family pickup (It did not say dropoff). Required information then was the name of the company, the reservation number, and the pickup address for this family transportation. It then asked for departure time, so I said 11 AM on embarkation day. It said I had to pick a day earlier than embarkation day for driving the 30 miles to the port, so I switched to a day earlier. It then asked for arrival time and I said 11 AM on embarkation day. It again said I had to pick a day earlier than embarkation day, so I switched arrival to a day earlier. It accepted that, having no problem with instant teleportation leaving at 11 AM and arriving at 11 AM.

4) It did not ask anything about dining options (Dining My Way). I am in Club Class, so I did not have to make select DMW options, but I wonder if the software was smart enough to detect this or if it is a glitch DMW was not offered.

Without konatyme's suggestion to sign in with booking number, I would not have been able to do this at all.

Glad you got in as I was first thinking WIN 7 might not work begin out of support now. 

Anyway, DMW made a BRIEF appearance in the web-based registration process and getting into it brought some very new-looking screen presentations.  But it disappeared and has not come back.  Just the Personal Info & Documents section is supported thus far via the main website link.

I am having a Medallion order issue as well.  It was all good for us for a long time and then I started playing with it after reading a post about some issues with it.  Now it won't let me do the final step to complete the order.  I was just ordering the free defaults and has to go to the port (Italy).  Accepts the port choice.  Won't complete either with shipping to port or an address.  Someday, I will inquire further if not fixed by FP Date and we go ahead and pay.

3 hours ago, caribill said:

I had fun with that one. It took a while to figure out that I should just lie until it accepted what I entered.

Maybe, sometime in the future they'll fix it.

• Like 1