25th Cruise ?? I just booked my 25th Cruise on Carnival are there any special perks?

Gari

Hi All,

I just booked my 25th Carnival Cruise which will bring me up to 180 seas days. I have heard that it is a Milestone Cruise?  But I don't know what that might mean on Carnival.  Any ideas if they do anything special for that?  

Just now, Gari said:

Hi All,

I just booked my 25th Carnival Cruise which will bring me up to 180 seas days. I have heard that it is a Milestone Cruise?  But I don't know what that might mean on Carnival.  Any ideas if they do anything special for that?  

Have you searched the Carnival website for: "Milestone Cruise"? That might help.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Gari said:

Hi All,

You can pick this cruise or the next cruise depending on cost ..make it the more expensive cruise.

Call in to have 25% of the cruisefare applied as obc. I enjoyed shopping on alaska cruise. I love my bear fleece jacket I bought onboard, lap blanket and other stuff. Enjoy.

I just googled it .. forgot you get a special colored card, white? I forget.

Btw I also got invited to a special captains party with great food. Huge shrimp. I didnt want to embarrass myself, seemed like top brass, but was great special food. Head of depts were there with the captain. Very special. I think I also got a picture from it.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1173/~/guest-recognition---milestone-rewards-program

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

You can pick this cruise or the next cruise depending on cost ..make it the more expensive cruise.

Call in to have 25% of the cruisefare applied as obc. I enjoyed shopping on alaska cruise. I love my bear fleece jacket I bought onboard, lap blanket and other stuff. Enjoy.

Btw I also got invited to a special captains party with great food. Huge shrimp. I didnt want to embarrass myself, seemed like top brass, but was great special food. Head of depts were there with the captain. Very special. I think I also got a picture from it.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1173/~/guest-recognition---milestone-rewards-program

Thank you so much - this is amazing information (Cruise Critic members have been my go to for info). I am going to choose wisely for my next cruise (my 26th to take FULL advantage of this benefit).  

thanks again!!

• Like 1

I just completed my 25th Carnival milestone cruise and you'll get a special sail & sign card and 25% off your cruise rate. While onboard I also got a call from the guest services manager who offered a free excursion. Not sure if this is standard, but the Discover Puerto Plata Traditions & Local Flavors tour was great! Contact your Carnival PVP at least 30 days before your cruise to tell them you want to use your 25% off.

IMG_7127 copy.jpg

Edited by ATL_Miami_Cruiser
  • Like 2

Congratulations! Our 25th is later this month.

I can't remember how we found out about the Milestone cruise, nothing much is said about it beforehand. It may have been our PVP that told us about it when we booked the cruise.

We have booked the Jubilee trans-atlantic cruise next year, hope we will be able to use the 25% off on it! It's not clear if you can use it on a booked cruise or if it has to be on a future cruise that hasn't been booked yet. Not sure if it would make any difference.

2 minutes ago, nlktx49 said:

I can't remember how we found out about the Milestone cruise, nothing much is said about it beforehand. It may have been our PVP that told us about it when we booked the cruise.

We have booked the Jubilee trans-atlantic cruise next year, hope we will be able to use the 25% off on it! It's not clear if you can use it on a booked cruise or if it has to be on a future cruise that hasn't been booked yet. Not sure if it would make any difference.

Yes, you can use it on a booked cruise.  

• Like 1

On 4/10/2022 at 3:21 PM, Gari said:

I am going to choose wisely for my next cruise (my 26th to take FULL advantage of this benefit).  

You can use your 25th Milestone credit on any one cruise between your 25th and 49th.  Call Carnival, ask for Milestone desk, and tell them which cruise you want to apply for 25% OBC.  They will wait until just a few days before the cruise, after the time when you can no longer make price adjustments, to calculate and apply the OBC.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ATL_Miami_Cruiser said:

I just completed my 25th Carnival milestone cruise and you'll get a special sail & sign card and 25% off your cruise rate. While onboard I also got a call from the guest services manager who offered a free excursion. Not sure if this is standard, but the Discover Puerto Plata Traditions & Local Flavors tour was great! Contact your Carnival PVP at least 30 days before your cruise to tell them you want to use your 25% off.

It's just a technicality, but you actually receive (for your 25th) 25% of the pre-tax/fee cruise fare as OBC, and not 25% off your cruise. You can choose to take advantage of that on your 25th sailing, or a later one - ideally one where your 25% will mean more (pricier cruise).

Tom

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ATL_Miami_Cruiser said:

IMG_7127 copy.jpg

I want to be you when I grow up! lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

It's just a technicality, but you actually receive (for your 25th) 25% of the pre-tax/fee cruise fare as OBC, and not 25% off your cruise. You can choose to take advantage of that on your 25th sailing, or a later one - ideally one where your 25% will mean more (pricier cruise).

Tom

This is a major point to understand. You can take your 25% credit on any future cruise. We saved ours for when we took a 14 day Panama Canal cruise. Don't waste it on a dinky old cruise or a cruise for which you have gotten a great rate. The low rates these days may mean you want to wait a year or two to use it. 😉

We just finished our 25th milestone cruise.  Not one single crew member recognized or commented on it.  A little disappointing.  What is not disappointing is the 25% of the cruise fare that we are taking for OBC on our next cruise.  We are taking a European cruise in a suite with a bedroom.  Since my husband and I are both at 25 cruises, we have been told that we will both get the onboard credit.  That combined with the $600 OBC for letting them hold are money for our Covid cancelled cruise and the $500 OBC we got for booking this cruise along with $100 stockholder benefit might actually cover our gambling debts!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was just searching for something about how many cruises we had sailed, when I realized our next cruise be our 25th.  Then, I saw something about milestone cruises.  I began to investigate and realized that we could apply this to our already booked European cruise in a Vista suite with a bedroom.  I just called Carnival the other day and asked to have both my milestone reward and my husband's milestone reward applied to our onboard credit.  The lady told me that was no problem.  Waiting to see if it works!

• Like 1

On 4/10/2022 at 1:52 PM, firefly333 said:

It has to be that one or the next one? And what if you booked the next one before that one?

10 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

It has to be that one or the next one? And what if you booked the next one before that one?

Not correct. You can use your 25th Milestone benefit from cruise 25 up to cruise 49, your choice, whether it's a new or old booking. 

• Thanks 1

On 4/11/2022 at 11:17 AM, nlktx49 said:

It's not a 25% discount, it's 25% OBC based on your pretax rate.  So if you are in a cabin worth 1000, you'll get 250 in OBC.