Items Found in Cabins?

YVRteacher

Have you ever found something that a previous cruiser left in the cabin?

I once found a telescope tucked behind the curtain next to the balcony.  Another time I found a pack of (thankfully unused) diapers in a drawer.

Found a sock, an empty sunglass case and several dusty daily schedules in the gap behind a drawer.  I had stuffed a stack of schedules in the drawer myself, and a couple slid over the back edge.

Now we check the gaps when packing up, just like we pull the matt out of the safe to make sure nothing fell into a corner.  

14 minutes ago, Sue Do-Over said:

Found a sock, an empty sunglass case and several dusty daily schedules in the gap behind a drawer.  I had stuffed a stack of schedules in the drawer myself, and a couple slid over the back edge.

Now we check the gaps when packing up, just like we pull the matt out of the safe to make sure nothing fell into a corner.  

We also pull the felt out of the safe and run our finger under and around the inside edge of the safe. We have found a number of earrings and rings left behind from past passengers and have always taken those items to guest services once found. 

15 minutes ago, Sue Do-Over said:

There are little trays made that can be used for safes, with just short sides.  Some of them are made so those short sides snap into place, and the "tray" can be flat when carried.  (Also marketed for nightstands, etc.)

Or one could use an old shoebox cover or something like that.  Just put ANY small items (coins, jewelry, etc.) in those, and it should be all clear.  Still, always safe (uh, no pun intended!) to double check...

GC

1 minute ago, GeezerCouple said:

There are little trays made that can be used for safes, with just short sides.  Some of them are made so those short sides snap into place, and the "tray" can be flat when carried.  (Also marketed for nightstands, etc.)

Or one could use an old shoebox cover or something like that.  Just put ANY small items (coins, jewelry, etc.) in those, and it should be all clear.  Still, always safe (uh, no pun intended!) to double check...

GC

We make good use of the water glasses... poker chips, coins, jewelry, etc. are easy to corral.

• Like 1

sunglasses, did not even notice until day of departure.  told my husband he forgot to pack the glasses, says those are not mine, lol, had been sitting on the long shelf in the room for 14 days, pretty sure they were prescription, says how much I may attention.  gave them to the room steward before disembarking.

On 4/11/2022 at 4:29 PM, GeezerCouple said:

GC

I always use the little disposable cup covers to corral my jewelry so it doesn't accidentally get mixed up or dropped on the floor. It makes it easily visible and can pop it in the safe if needed. The white color helps it stand out in a dark safe.

image.png.a1a91bfff0c9d1741001622e2a67ee72.png

• Like 2