Help me decide what ship!

5 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

And they alternate the 30% off first two pax with 60% off first pax.

Just in case someone doesnt realize 30% off each of 2 pax is the same sale as 60% off one pax. 

The sales are pretty much the same. 

The biggest thing as you said ... voyager is cheaper than oasis class. Basically. I booked a great price for little grandeur ..not so much the newer ships. I'm paying just a little more for 19 days on grandeur as 7 days on oasis. 

Yeah, so based on interior prices, which we'll probably use because we don't spend much time in the room, the Voyager is roughly $400 for 8 night, Odyssey is $600 for 7 night, and Oasis is about $700 per night. So I'd have to think if Odyssey and Oasis are worth the extra 2-300 per passenger for less days but potentially better entertainment and overall experience. I know I can't miss either way though

Also, holy crap, 19 days! Crazy lol

Edited by Devi8or

4 minutes ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

You are quite a ways out. Whichever ship you choose, if Disney is still in your plans then PC is the place to be. 

That's definitely one of the factors, but I'm not opposed to driving if it's an overall better experience. But I'd also have to factor how much it takes to get to/from one of those destinations where it be by rental or what

This would be a no brainer if odyssey or Oasis was out of PC 😅

37 minutes ago, Devi8or said:

Also, I did mean to ask, in terms of deals, how is this one? Do they get better? I won't have use for KSF since mine will be 15 and 18.  I know I can book then price adjust, but would I be wrong to expect a better sale? 

Screenshot_20220412-105916_Chrome.jpg

While exceptions exist, for popular cruise times prices generally go up not down.  I try and book as soon as itineraries come out then watch for price drops.  Since I only pay the deposit up front there isn't a difference at booking time so I don't care to much as long as the booking price is in the budget.  

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Devi8or said:

Yeah, so based on interior prices, which we'll probably use because we don't spend much time in the room, the Voyager is roughly $400 for 8 night, Odyssey is $600 for 7 night, and Oasis is about $700 per night. So I'd have to think if Odyssey and Oasis are worth the extra 2-300 per passenger for less days but potentially better entertainment and overall experience. I know I can't miss either way though

Also, holy crap, 19 days! Crazy lol

And you can bet those families who booked grandeur are having the same conversations on roll calls. Will my kids be bored with only a pool and little slide. Heck as a kid I would have been thrilled. And a place to get pizza. Oh boy. 

I loved oasis .. but loved other cruises too, just oasis a little more. But if you want disney I would cruise from tampa or cape Canaveral.. not miami. Rental cars are expensive dont forget. High demand. It's not saving you money to cruise and drive further and have the aggravation of a rental car to worry about.

Do what's easiest imo. Voyager if that's in your budget. Maybe look at promenade cabins if you want a little extra. Insides with a view. Sometimes $20 more sometimes more and not a deal. 

54 minutes ago, Devi8or said:

That's definitely one of the factors, but I'm not opposed to driving if it's an overall better experience. But I'd also have to factor how much it takes to get to/from one of those destinations where it be by rental or what

This would be a no brainer if odyssey or Oasis was out of PC 😅

Wonder will be the newest Oasis class ship from PC at your time of sailing, but of course you will be paying for "new."

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

And they alternate the 30% off first two pax with 60% off first pax.

Just in case someone doesnt realize 30% off each of 2 pax is the same sale as 60% off one pax. 

The sales are pretty much the same. 

The biggest thing as you said ... voyager is cheaper than oasis class. Basically. I booked a great price for little grandeur ..not so much the newer ships. I'm paying just a little more for 19 days on grandeur as 7 days on oasis. 

19 days on Grandeur, you are better then me my friend.   Been on that ship once, once was enough. Probably a reason you paid so little for 19 days.

Have you ever been on that ship before?

3 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

19 days on Grandeur, you are better then me my friend.   Been on that ship once, once was enough. Probably a reason you paid so little for 19 days.

Have you ever been on that ship before?

Nope I havent. I was going to hit 340 pts in dec and then my ta said you know you cant apply the dp340 code to a paid off cruise like your march 2023, which is high because of spring break.

I would have needed 8 or 9 days double pts to hit it in sept, but double pts over. Now I need like 18 days to hit 38 pts to get there.

How bad can it be? Let's hope the supply chain and crew arent too bad, I'm boarding soon. 2 days of wifi every leg if there isnt much to do. Diamond lounge. Chops is bogo. Nope havent been on grandeur. Its popular. May 18 now costs more than liberty but some cat could be sold out. Grandeur at single pts and liberty in sept double pts, I'm over 340 pts. After that I wouldnt chase pts. ..lol though I do think harmony x 3 a bit much. 

1 hour ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

Wonder will be the newest Oasis class ship from PC at your time of sailing, but of course you will be paying for "new."

Yeah I see that, the Wonder sailing is over twice the price of the Voyager one, unless it drops drastically, I probably wouldn't consider it. If disney tickets and hotel weren't in the equation, that would be a different story

• Like 2

Going to throw a curveball (probably unpopular here).  Take a look at Carnival Mardi Gras out of Port Canaveral.  We took it in March and all enjoyed it more than our January Oasis cruise.

However, you will have a wonderful time on any ship you take. Maybe go for more days and do the Voyager…

7 minutes ago, bmc alabama said:

Going to throw a curveball (probably unpopular here).  Take a look at Carnival Mardi Gras out of Port Canaveral.  We took it in March and all enjoyed it more than our January Oasis cruise.

However, you will have a wonderful time on any ship you take. Maybe go for more days and do the Voyager…

Appreciate the suggestion, we were really pleased with our last RCCL cruise, so that's why I'm looking in that direction. I'll take a look at that one though

3 minutes ago, Devi8or said:

Appreciate the suggestion, we were really pleased with our last RCCL cruise, so that's why I'm looking in that direction. I'll take a look at that one though

Mardi Gras is a different animal than other Carnival cruises we’ve done.  It’s a new class of ship for them and (thankfully) does not look like Vegas!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Devi8or said:

Yeah, I was going to also suggest Mardi Gras.  In general, Royal is a better line but that is Carnival's best and newest ship.

Edited by Crazy planning mom

If you can do WDW during the week before the Dec 8 sailing, you will find lower crowds.  The first two weeks in December have been great times for us to travel (land or cruise) over the years. Thanksgiving is on Nov 23, 2023, so flight prices should not be affected by post-Thanksgiving travelers.  It may add an extra week of shoulder-season crowds and pricing.  (Disney tickets are date-specific, based on estimated/ historical crowd size).

If you look at the newer ships, make sure the bells and whistles are something you actually are interested in. 

You may need that $$ you can save on the cruise to help cover the ever-rising price of Disney World!

Transportation from Fort Lauderdale or Miami - Brightline is scheduled to be operating trains sometime in 2023.  If you cruise out of one of these, keep an eye out for this option.

Possible savings on Black Friday on cruises, drinks, various packages.

I vote for Option #1, based on what you have presented as your original criteria.

5 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Took my first ever cruise 20 years ago on Voyager for my honeymoon when all those features were cutting edge. I've needed a very specific reason to not have a promenade ever since.

Our first cruise was Voyager also. We were hooked right away.  Promenades are great for a stroll . 

11 minutes ago, homedepot124 said:

I doubt the 15 and 18 year olds are going to enjoy CATS on Oasis.

Hey, our 15 and 18 years Olds favorite Disney Park is epcot, they're wired different 😂

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, bmc alabama said:

I can’t speak for the OP, but you couldn’t pay me to go on Carnival again. Don’t get me wrong, I think Carnival is a great cruise line for first time cruisers and younger people who like to party. But there is no comparison between RCI and Carnival in my opinion. 

• Like 2

Personally, I'd skip Disney and spend more money on a cruise!  I am a life-long Disney fan and have made  countless trips to the parks, but their latest changes just suck all the fun out of it.  Park reservations, paying for Genie+ just to be able to enjoy a few E-Ticket rides, and Applebee's quality food at Ruth's Chris prices just have me staying away.  

2 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I can’t speak for the OP, but you couldn’t pay me to go on Carnival again. Don’t get me wrong, I think Carnival is a great cruise line for first time cruisers and younger people who like to party. But there is no comparison between RCI and Carnival in my opinion. 

Have you been on Mardi Gras?  It is a big step up for Carnival IMHO...  We liked it better than Oasis (and to paraphrase a prior poster, CATS didn't help...).  Also, Mardi Gras didn't shut soft serve ice cream down at 5:30pm like Oasis did...

Actually, I prefer Princess to either RCCL or Carnival, but we did enjoy Mardi Gras.

Edited by bmc alabama

5 minutes ago, bmc alabama said:

Have you been on Mardi Gras?  It is a big step up for Carnival IMHO...  We liked it better than Oasis (and to paraphrase a prior poster, CATS didn't help...).  Also, Mardi Gras didn't shut soft serve ice cream down at 5:30pm like Oasis did...

Actually, I prefer Princess to either RCCL or Carnival, but we did enjoy Mardi Gras.

I haven’t been on Mardi Gras, but I have 33 cruises on Carnival so I know their ships and what they offer well. I think in my case I just outgrew Carnival. At this point in my life I prefer cruising on RCI and Celebrity. However, I realize not everyone is looking for the same experience when it comes to cruising. It’s great to have several different cruise lines to choose from, especially when you live in Florida and can easily drive to five ports. 

2 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I haven’t been on Mardi Gras, but I have 33 cruises on Carnival so I know their ships and what they offer well. I think in my case I just outgrew Carnival. At this point in my life I prefer cruising on RCI and Celebrity. However, I realize not everyone is looking for the same experience when it comes to cruising. It’s great to have several different cruise lines to choose from, especially when you live in Florida and can easily drive to five ports. 

we're looking for a laid back good time.  My wife and I will both be 40 by then, the kids are older.....I don't drink, we don't really party, but like to hang out.  We'd be more like the trivia crowd than the sexiest man by the pool crowd LOL.  I've always been under the impression that Carnival crowd was a bit young for my liking, but I haven't been on Carnival since In was a kid myself.  

BTW, if you're an Eagles fan, much like myself #FlyEaglesFly!

Edited by Devi8or