Afternoon Tea Time is No More

sanmarcosman

Guest BasicSailor

I've always had a problem when drinking hot tea out of a cup / coffee. I tend to hold my little Pinkey out. Then I catch it out of the corner of my eye and take my other hand to close it. People look at you weird when you do that.

15 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

You can get hot water on Lido and have your own tea party!

Yes, we could, but if we all wind up in the buffet, Hot Chocolate will be in order. I love their H.C.!

20 minutes ago, Cuckoo7 said:

Just off a 7-day on Vista.  No tea time.  Daughters were bummed.

I really thought they had it on 7 day sailings.

Hope they at least had the Gelato at the lunch buffet.

Came back today from 7 days cruise on the Vista. No afternoon tea. I went to guest services to confirm and the first clerk said we sure have it and pulled the activities schedule to find it, then when she couldn't, she went back to her supervisor who confirmed that we do not have it any more.  CD blamed it on staff shortage.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, LibratPDX said:

I was on the Mardi Gras May 14-21 and there was still tea time, I was surprised since it had been announced it was being discontinued.  

But there was only one 😞    on the last sea day - not on all seadays as per the usual schedule.  Hoping they eventually are able to staff up enough to offer this again!

• Like 4

On 6/14/2022 at 4:45 PM, Froufie said:

But there was only one 😞    on the last sea day - not on all seadays as per the usual schedule.  Hoping they eventually are able to staff up enough to offer this again!

Mardi Gras has only had Afternoon Tea on Friday since it started sailing.  Plus, it never has had the nice things I have seen in some of the pictures in this post.

They keep on reducing things like this and blame it on staffing shortage but never reduce tips that pay for this staff. 

Think all of us should reduce our tips due to staff shortage,

1 hour ago, timbom said:

They keep on reducing things like this and blame it on staffing shortage but never reduce tips that pay for this staff. 

Think all of us should reduce our tips due to staff shortage,

No, sounds like a bad plan!

• Like 2

20 hours ago, stephen@stoneyard.co.uk said:

I did not see afternoon tea offered on my nine night Carnival Pride cruise. We had two sea days.  I looked in the app and printed daily programmes.  I would have like to try it.

Best wishes, Stephen. 

Did you try their tea? Absolute muck, undrinkable. Their coffee isn't much better.

Because they use Lipton tea bags which produce a drink that looks like dishwater, probably tastes like dishwater. I've never tasted dishwater but I did try Carnival afternoon tea with the fancy wooden box full of Lipton's tea and it's what I imagine dishwater tastes like.

Proper British tea tastes nothing like that, looks nothing like that. Luckily for some fellow Brits that we met onboard we had a good supply with us and handed them out. The look of relief and gratification from them was very rewarding.

54 minutes ago, JimmyTheSaint said:

Because they use Lipton tea bags which produce a drink that looks like dishwater, probably tastes like dishwater.

Premium teas are offered for $2.95 each. These include teas grown in former British colonies. If you had been a big spender you could have upgraded your tea experience. You did not. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JimmyTheSaint said:

Because they use Lipton tea bags which produce a drink that looks like dishwater, probably tastes like dishwater. I've never tasted dishwater but I did try Carnival afternoon tea with the fancy wooden box full of Lipton's tea and it's what I imagine dishwater tastes like.

Proper British tea tastes nothing like that, looks nothing like that. Luckily for some fellow Brits that we met onboard we had a good supply with us and handed them out. The look of relief and gratification from them was very rewarding.

When I go "anywhere else" I don't expect them to cater to my NYC taste buds!  I do as the Romans...and appreciate the differences.  Otherwise, I might as well stay home!

I really hope they have Tea Time when I'm on the Magic.  I remember the original tea times, in the lounges, with relaxing music.

• Like 2