P&O LATERAL FLOW -BEFORE YOU GO

kalos

4 hours ago, oligopoly said:

Hi all. Sailing on Britannia at the end of the month and I just wanted to try and get confirmation of what we need to do in advance. There's 3 adults who are all fully vaccinated) and an 8 year old and 4 year old who have had no vaccinations. Am I correct in saying that the 3 adults and 8 year old will need to do a LFT test the day before departure? and the 4 year old is exempt? And is the REMOTE LATERAL FLOW TEST RANDOX CERTIFLY from Randox Health what we need? (£13.50 per test).

Thank you in advance!

Doesn’t the 8yo also need a PCR test 72 hrs before?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, paulatsea said:

Yes it will work on iPad. Don’t know how far in advance you can order. 

I ordered 4 weeks in advance and collected the next day from a local store who keep them in stock. The tests themselves have a use by date of October next year.

The Randox app had no problem scanning my passport with the phone camera but the Boots one needed me to download a QR code reader app, there are lots of them, then it worked OK. I only did dry runs with the apps. I had a late cancellation with my Lloyds flu jab last year, no pharmacist which is why I bought the home test with certificate ones as backups.

• Thanks 2

15 hours ago, ElmaLee said:

Doesn’t the 8yo also need a PCR test 72 hrs before?

Ooh not sure - anyone know? I must say that despite P&O's emails and web content, I haven't found their requirements especially clear. Unprecedent situation admittedly...

From the P&O website. This is for the cruises out of Malta but the same applies for other cruises.

Guests aged five to 11 years need to be fully vaccinated* with an approved COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to travel (a booster vaccine is not required) or must provide two negative COVID‑19 test results prior to sailing (see testing requirements below). 

In addition to the above lateral flow/antigen test, all unvaccinated guests aged five to 11 years will also be required to have a negative PCR test, organised and paid for by the guest, taken within 72 hours prior to arrival in Malta; the negative PCR certificate must be presented at the airport. This is an entry requirement for Malta.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, oligopoly said:

Actually, the P&O cruise site doesn't seem to mention PCR at all - only the cheaper antigen/LFT, so now just as unsure as I was before!

23 hours ago, oligopoly said:

Hi all. Sailing on Britannia at the end of the month and I just wanted to try and get confirmation of what we need to do in advance. There's 3 adults who are all fully vaccinated) and an 8 year old and 4 year old who have had no vaccinations. Am I correct in saying that the 3 adults and 8 year old will need to do a LFT test the day before departure? and the 4 year old is exempt? And is the REMOTE LATERAL FLOW TEST RANDOX CERTIFLY from Randox Health what we need? (£13.50 per test).

Thank you in advance!

21 minutes ago, oligopoly said:

Actually, the P&O cruise site doesn't seem to mention PCR at all - only the cheaper antigen/LFT, so now just as unsure as I was before!

See link below. You seem to need two test for the eight year old. One before you sail and one on the day as he is unvaccinated. 
https://www.pocruises.com/cruise-with-confidence/preparing-to-sail

Edited by Gettingwarmer
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, oligopoly said:

Where are you sailing from?

It it is from anywhere other than Malta a PCR is not required, sorry for the misinformation.

Did you not get an email from P&O saying what you need? 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, oligopoly said:

Ooh not sure - anyone know? I must say that despite P&O's emails and web content, I haven't found their requirements especially clear. Unprecedent situation admittedly...

My mistake.  PCR rest is a requirement for travel into Malta so if you are not embarking there then LTF tests are sufficient.

• Like 1

We're sailing from Southampton (not Malta!).

Ok so it sounds like I need to buy 4x LFTs from Randox or similar - one for me (vaccinated), one for wife (vaccinated), one for mother in law (vaccinated), 1 for 8 year old and none for 4 year old. The second test required for the unvaccinated 8 year old appears to be offered free of charge at the terminal:

"In addition to the above antigen test, all unvaccinated guests aged five to 11 years will also be required to take a complimentary lateral flow/antigen test once they arrive at the terminal, administered by our service provider, Prenetics."
https://www.pocruises.com/cruise-with-confidence/preparing-to-sail

• Like 1

We had booked tests at Lloyds in Slough, to be done in the morning before flying  to Barcelona.

Rang up to check  - the branch are no longer doing them.  No apology or anything !

So now booked with Lloyds in Lincoln a day earlier. 

50 minutes ago, wowzz said:

We had booked tests at Lloyds in Slough, to be done in the morning before flying  to Barcelona.

Rang up to check  - the branch are no longer doing them.  No apology or anything !

So now booked with Lloyds in Lincoln a day earlier. 

Agree LLoyds seem to be patchy. We visit our local branch and talk to the pharmacist and make sure they have stock in and are aware on what date we are coming. 

After all this worry with Lloyds, just phoned the store we are booked with and no problems.  As far as they are concerned as long as people need it to fly or cruise, they will keep offering tests.  Its an easy revenue stream for them. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, jaydee6969 said:

After all this worry with Lloyds, just phoned the store we are booked with and no problems.  As far as they are concerned as long as people need it to fly or cruise, they will keep offering tests.  Its an easy revenue stream for them. 

Yes I agree, easy money for them but some pharmacists can't be bothered. A quick ring confirms that alls ok.

• Like 1

Is there any reason you guys are doing them in person? A government recognised LFT at home is good enough, right? That's what I did recently prior to a flight to the US and was very smooth process.

5 minutes ago, oligopoly said:

Is there any reason you guys are doing them in person? A government recognised LFT at home is good enough, right? That's what I did recently prior to a flight to the US and was very smooth process.

Because i am taking a belt and braces approach. Lloyds in store test is only 25 minutes walk away so i will take it on Friday morning before travelling to Southampton. I also have a Randox fit to fly home test which i will also do on Friday morning.. I also have a Boots home test.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, davecttr said:

Because i am taking a belt and braces approach. Lloyds in store test is only 25 minutes walk away so i will take it on Friday morning before travelling to Southampton. I also have a Randox fit to fly home test which i will also do on Friday morning.. I also have a Boots home test.

Best to be sure - triple sure  👍

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, oligopoly said:

If you travel with Princess it has to be a witnessed test although there is a longer time to get them done. 

51 minutes ago, oligopoly said:

Because I am cruising with Princess out of Barcelona.  

53 minutes ago, oligopoly said:

Supervised/observed? 

To update this thread 

Anyone who recently  have used a service could you please  let others  know 

how easy it was use? What was the cost of the test? How long did it take for your 

certificate to be e-mailed to you ?  Thank you 

• Like 3