P&O LATERAL FLOW -BEFORE YOU GO

kalos

The number to use is the order numbers beginning  Covid-19 Test kit order #  sent on the email Randox sent you when you ordered.

12 hours ago, Callyanna said:

I recently ordered lFT from Randox, and collected them up locally, but I can’t find the unique ref number. It says it is found within your covid-19 sample collection kit on pre-printed labels.  There is definitely nothing in my box, or the box I ordered for a friend who is travelling with me… any ideas please anyone ?. 

Edited by LifeonMars

Can anyone let me know how many you can register with the Randox app. We are a group of 4 adults embarking Arcadia (hopefully) in October and wondering if I can register all of us via the app on my smartphone. Our friends are not very IT savvy and if testing is still required in October we will all take the test the day before embarkation before travelling to Southampton. I presume that myself and OH will be okay on my phone but not sure about our friends. The only other alternative is to use their smartphone for their tests and I can then guide them through the process. Any help appreciated.

1 hour ago, PJ's said:

Can anyone let me know how many you can register with the Randox app. We are a group of 4 adults embarking Arcadia (hopefully) in October and wondering if I can register all of us via the app on my smartphone. Our friends are not very IT savvy and if testing is still required in October we will all take the test the day before embarkation before travelling to Southampton. I presume that myself and OH will be okay on my phone but not sure about our friends. The only other alternative is to use their smartphone for their tests and I can then guide them through the process. Any help appreciated.

I had no problem with adding my wife as an extra, and I think I read that up to 3 other can be added.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone use Prenetics? I just ordered for a cruise in August. I had wanted to use Randox but their website said ios only no android and my phone is android. The prenetics system seemed to work OK on my android. Thanks 👍 

I've done my Randox test via android today. Bit fiddly using a phone, but it worked.

Had to use the website rather than the app.

Edited by FangedRose

44 minutes ago, 2BACRUISER said:

Has anyone use Prenetics? I just ordered for a cruise in August. I had wanted to use Randox but their website said ios only no android and my phone is android. The prenetics system seemed to work OK on my android. Thanks 👍 

We used Prenetics week before last - a supervised test on Zoom was required by Princess. The nurse who supervised mine was extremely difficult to understand but the one who supervised my husband’s test an hour later was very clear. I found it all pretty stressful to be honest, but it all worked out! 

50 minutes ago, FangedRose said:

I've done my Randox test via android today. Bit fiddly using a phone, but it worked.

Yes that's what put me off this is just an LFT fit to fly day before you go I asked on this board because I got the link from P&O and people on here seem more clued up even though we're going with cunard, they're all yanks or posh class barring a couple of exceptions on that board 🙄 this is a 2yr delayed 60th bday for DH. Beginning to wish we'd gone on Iona lol. 

Edited by 2BACRUISER
Typos

42 minutes ago, FangedRose said:

We have Randox tests and I have installed the app on my android phone. Does this mean that I won't be able to use this?

1 minute ago, Slugsta said:

We have Randox tests and I have installed the app on my android phone. Does this mean that I won't be able to use this?

It worked fine (better than the website) until I tried to upload it to Randox. Got a message "device not recognised", couldn't work out why until I read the above message.

Don't understand why Google Play allowed me to download it if it isn't compatible with my device?

2 hours ago, 2BACRUISER said:

My phone is android and the Randox app works perfectly well on it.

We used it for our 12th June Britannia cruise with no problems at all.

Edited by terrierjohn
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The Randox Certifly app works just fine on my cheap Android phone. I used it in May for my Iona cruise.

The web site does say ios only but is out of date.

There was no problem uploading the result as the app used the phone camera to scan the test strip and upload in one sequence.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, davecttr said:

The Randox Certifly app works just fine on my cheap Android phone. I used it in May for my Iona cruise.

The web site does say ios only but is out of date.

There was no problem uploading the result as the app used the phone camera to scan the test strip and upload in one sequence.

The only thing to be aware of with Randox is that once you login to the app it assume you are just starting the test, and you have to wait 15 minutes before it will let you takr your photo, so best to activate the app first.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/5/2022 at 9:23 AM, Fionboard said:

Have done two Randox tests on my android phone. Dead easy and very quick both times. 

That has been our experience too.  Our android phones are Google Pixel 6, (ie modern), if that makes a difference.

Lloyds has cancelled our in person appointments for October already!  I've found another local Lloyds that is still offering appointment so have rebooked, but I think it is only a matter of time before that gets cancelled too.  Hoping that we won't actually have to do one by October.

44 minutes ago, ShelaghL said:

Has anyone heard how the Iona trials are going?

Who knows ? 

The issue is that with short cruises, many might not suffer any symptons until they return home, and P&O cannot collect that date.

Hi, we are coming from Australia to join Britannia on 7th August at Southampton. Fly into Gatwick on 4th August and hire car to Southampton. Not knowing a lot about the requirements for cruising, we booked an hotel in Southampton (Leonardo Royal Southampton Grand Harbour) and a Covid-19 Antigen Rapid Test at the Regenerative Clinic, just up the road from the hotel, on the evening of the 6th August. Probably al a bit expensive, but it is a holiday after all

• Like 6

4 hours ago, johnno53 said:

Hi, we are coming from Australia to join Britannia on 7th August at Southampton. Fly into Gatwick on 4th August and hire car to Southampton. Not knowing a lot about the requirements for cruising, we booked an hotel in Southampton (Leonardo Royal Southampton Grand Harbour) and a Covid-19 Antigen Rapid Test at the Regenerative Clinic, just up the road from the hotel, on the evening of the 6th August. Probably al a bit expensive, but it is a holiday after all

Well organized. Have a great holiday.

5 hours ago, johnno53 said:

Good plan - have a good holiday.