Speciality Coffee Sky Princess

Marronnier

Is the International Café the only place where you can get speciality coffee on the Sky Princess or do other bars also provide them. 

Also for coffees with a 'shot' (whiskey, bailey's etc) what bars or cafés can offer these?

Thanks for any information you can offer.

1 minute ago, Marronnier said:

Is the International Café the only place where you can get speciality coffee on the Sky Princess or do other bars also provide them. 

Also for coffees with a 'shot' (whiskey, bailey's etc) what bars or cafés can offer these?

Thanks for any information you can offer.

Not sure how you define specialty coffee, but when we were on the Sky in late November, we had no issues getting our cappuccinos in any venue we wanted, be it a specialty restaurant, an MDR, even the al fresco area behind the buffet outside on the upper deck.  Up there, it would sometime take upwards of 10+ minutes for the waiter to bring it, but getting them was no problem.  Can't speak to the coffees with a shot, sorry.

• Thanks 2

We only drink the coffee that comes with your cruise fare.....the free stuff...And we get it in the lido buffet area but I did see the "paper cup coffee people" lined up in front of one of those coffee machines that makes all the funny sounds in the lido buffet area where the pastry stuff is hidden.....from the Sky in March. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, LouCoop said:

Where do they get the paper cup coffees. Is it at IC ?

Not a speciality coffee person but I think the "paper cup coffee" people stood in line at the IC and at the lido buffet pastry area for their special "paper cup coffee". 

I'm sure the "paper cup coffee" people will chime in with better details......

• Thanks 1

Other than using a paper cup how would you propose some one take a to go coffee with them?  Looks like another underhanded way to insult people.

This from one of your so called "paper cup people".

Edited by Potstech
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Potstech said:

Other than using a paper cup how would you propose some one take a to go coffee with them?

When I get the free coffee in the lido buffet, they serve it in a mug.  Not paper.  And I take it with me.  No paper cup available if you request the free coffee. 

I noticed that if you went to IC or the special area of lido and got the "special" coffee, you could get it in a mug or in a paper cup.   Thus, I saw lots of peeps walking around with their "special" coffee in the paper cups....Thus the term "paper cup coffee people".....LOL....no insult, just describing what I saw and experienced......

On 4/15/2022 at 3:50 PM, scooter6139 said:

If you are booked in a Suite then the Concierge Lounge has a machine that does several types of coffee's.  Unsure how good they are though.

Any coffee that makes several types of different coffees automatically will be making several types of really bad coffee.  Good coffee is made by a barista one cup at a time when you order it.

DON

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FlaMariner said:

When I get the free coffee in the lido buffet, they serve it in a mug.  Not paper.  And I take it with me.  No paper cup available if you request the free coffee. 

I noticed that if you went to IC or the special area of lido and got the "special" coffee, you could get it in a mug or in a paper cup.   Thus, I saw lots of peeps walking around with their "special" coffee in the paper cups....Thus the term "paper cup coffee people".....LOL....no insult, just describing what I saw and experienced......

Insult taken intended or not.  Not just describing but labelling. There are other ways to describe people walking around with their so called"special coffee".  

Edited by Potstech
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Potstech said:

Other than using a paper cup how would you propose some one take a to go coffee with them?  Looks like another underhanded way to insult people.

This from one of your so called "paper cup people".

I'm sorry but my intention was not to insult you. Actually I wanted to know how you got the paper cups because when I ordered coffee at IC it was served in a large ceramic coffee cup, could not walk around with that. I was wondering if we had to ask them for it and was this at IC.

8 minutes ago, Potstech said:

All you have to ask for is a To Go cup with a lid and you can easily walk around with that. 

That makes sense.......but

there was no paper cup w/lid available when getting coffee from the free area of the lido buffet.  

The "paper cup" service was only available to the premium coffee drinkers....aka "paper cup people".....at least that was our experience on the Sky 3/12 thru 3/28.

But we did fine walking around with our real (and more environmentally friendly) re-usable mug with coffee included in our cruise fare!  And we enjoyed the free coffee onboard....but no paper cup for us. 

All good!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Before Covid changed everyone’s life, Princess was just starting a program to seriously reduce the amount of garbage created while cruising and was to convert almost completely to reusables. This was very welcome news to us as we quite often simply won’t treat ourselves to something that comes in disposable packaging. I can only assume that this environmental program may have stalled at least to some extent with Covid getting in the way but will find out firsthand tomorrow on our first cruise back since Covid began.