Worried booked flights same day

San01

6 hours ago, San01 said:

Hi

we depart uk at 7am from Heathrow and arrive at 10.30 to FCO Fuimicino

While I would prefer to arrive in the port city at least a day in advance if possible, between the time of your arrival at FCO and sailing time for your ship, I think you will be OK.  Including the NCL transfer from the airport to the ship was wise.  This means that NCL's representatives at FCO will be expecting you and, if there is a flight delay, they ought to be able to inform the ship.  I wish you a very pleasant cruise!  

11 hours ago, San01 said:

I am now worried as new to cruising and booked a NCL cruise in oct departing from UK to Rome, flights booked through cruise with BA flying in to Rome 10.30am, boat departs 5pm

I have started reading posts and it seems all fly day before, NCL never said to do this and being new I thought it was ok, I feel sick now especially as paid for non flexible flights so I can’t change them 

any advice appreciated 

It's booked. It's a relatively short flight. Just take the flight and enjoy your cruise.

5 hours ago, ldubs said:

Interesting.  I always kind of thought my taking a non-stop red-eye from San Francisco to say LHR was less likely to have delays compared to regional or even US east coast departures.  We don't have too much adverse weather.  Once wheels up out of SFO we are 35K+ feet up all the way over!  Not too much to cause delays.   But, add a connection and it is an entirely different story.  

And that SFO non-stop “red eye” came (or is coming from) where/when. It’s not only delays in departures. There’s delays in arrivals and new issues discovered in inspection while on the ground. 
Once had an Albany-Dulles leg of a trip home to SFO delayed four hours due to flat tire that occurred (probably while landing on this earlier commuter run from DC). Fortunately, auto-rebooked by UA on next turn around flight out and on connecting flight to SFO.

4 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

I was responding to a poster who seemed to indicate that the line had no responsibility for getting a passenger on board after being delayed on a flight which had been arranged by the line.

Perhaps if it’s an O charter... O would then be somewhat responsible for trip delay costs or accommodations. But, here we’re talking about scheduled commercial flights.

Thus, no matter where in the world one might be, an airline’s regularly scheduled commercial flight delay/cancel issue wasn’t caused by the TA (in this case, e.g., Oceania) whose proposed air arrangements you accepted (or modified for an extra fee). In that case, beyond assisting you in rebooking, ticket reassignment, (re)arranging ground transport (extra cost paid per your contract with that TA), Oceania has zero responsibility for modifying its scheduled departure (unless, as aforementioned, it’s their charter or it is evident that a significant number of O air passengers are on the specific gateway city departure. Even then, port circumstances may be such that waiting for a delayed arrival or hastily arranged tix reassignment may not be possible.

Again, a read of the O T&Cs is worth the time and effort:

Responsibility  
Oceania Cruises accepts no liability or responsibility, whether occasioned by railroad, motor coach, private car, boat, aircraft or any other conveyance, for any injuries, damages, loss, accident, delay or irregularity which may be caused either by reason of defect through the acts or defaults of any company or person or in carrying out the arrangements of the cruise or cruise tour as a result of any cause beyond the control of Oceania Cruises. Guests specifically release Oceania Cruises from any and all claims for loss or damage to baggage or property or from personal injuries or death, or from loss or delay arising out the acts, omissions or negligence of any independent contractors, such as air carriers, hotels, shore excursion operations, restaurateurs, transportation providers, medical personnel or other providers of services or facilities. All arrangements made with independent contractors are made solely for the convenience of guests and are done at the guests' own risk. Oceania Cruises specifically disclaims all liabilities for damages for emotional distress, mental suffering or psychological injury of any kind. Tickets, vouchers and any other travel documents are subject to all terms and conditions of the respective suppliers, some of which m ay limit a supplier's liability. Please refer to the Guest Ticket/Contract for further detailed information.

Edited by Flatbush Flyer

25 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Perhaps if it’s an O charter... O would then be somewhat responsible for trip delay costs or accommodations. But, here we’re talking about scheduled commercial flights.

Thus, no matter where in the world one might be, an airline’s regularly scheduled commercial flight delay/cancel issue wasn’t caused by the TA (in this case, e.g., Oceania) whose proposed air arrangements you accepted (or modified for an extra fee). In that case, beyond assisting you in rebooking, ticket reassignment, (re)arranging ground transport (extra cost paid per your contract with that TA), Oceania has zero responsibility for modifying its scheduled departure (unless, as aforementioned, it’s their charter or it is evident that a significant number of O air passengers are on the specific gateway city departure. Even then, port circumstances may be such that waiting for a delayed arrival or hastily arranged tix reassignment may not be possible.

Again, a read of the O T&Cs is worth the time and effort:

Responsibility  
Oceania Cruises accepts no liability or responsibility, whether occasioned by railroad, motor coach, private car, boat, aircraft or any other conveyance, for any injuries, damages, loss, accident, delay or irregularity which may be caused either by reason of defect through the acts or defaults of any company or person or in carrying out the arrangements of the cruise or cruise tour as a result of any cause beyond the control of Oceania Cruises. Guests specifically release Oceania Cruises from any and all claims for loss or damage to baggage or property or from personal injuries or death, or from loss or delay arising out the acts, omissions or negligence of any independent contractors, such as air carriers, hotels, shore excursion operations, restaurateurs, transportation providers, medical personnel or other providers of services or facilities. All arrangements made with independent contractors are made solely for the convenience of guests and are done at the guests' own risk. Oceania Cruises specifically disclaims all liabilities for damages for emotional distress, mental suffering or psychological injury of any kind. Tickets, vouchers and any other travel documents are subject to all terms and conditions of the respective suppliers, some of which m ay limit a supplier's liability. Please refer to the Guest Ticket/Contract for further detailed information.

And don’t forget the Ticket Contract

11. Carrier’s Liability
i. Shore Excursions and Other Transportation, Services and Facilities: We shall in no event be liable to You with respect to any occurrence prior to embarkation or after disembarkation from the Ship named herein or substitute, except for transportation by water which is carried out by means of a conveyance provided by Us including the Ship and our tenders. If we have made arrangements on Your behalf for the provision of travel facilities with various independent contractors, such arrangements were made solely as a convenience and not as an agent of those independent contractors, for which a surcharge may be imposed. Although Carrier requires that independent contractors comply with Carrier’s COVID-19 Policies and Procedures, Carrier does not undertake to supervise or control such independent contractors or their employees, conveyances or facilities, and accepts no liability for any loss, delay, damage, injury, death, misrepresentation or disappointment whatsoever resulting therefrom. Carrier makes no representation, either express or implied, regarding the suitability, safety, insurance or other aspects of any such independent contractors, transportation, tours, services, products or facilities and Carrier’s liability for nonperformance of any independent contractor providing such facilities or services shall be limited to a refund of the amounts received by Carrier on the Guest’s behalf, if any. We assume no responsibility in whole or in part for any delays, delayed departures or arrivals, missed connections, loss, death, damage or injury to person or property or accident, mechanical defect, failure or negligence of any nature whatever caused in connection with any accommodations, transportation, services or facilities, substitution of hotels, common carriers or equipment with or without notice or for any additional expenses occasioned thereby. We reserve the right to choose the air carrier, routing and gateway locations, as well as the right to substitute charter flights for scheduled service and vice versa. If the entire Cruise or CruiseTour is canceled by Us for any reason, Guests shall have no claim other than for a full refund of the Cruise Fare or the CruiseTour Fare, whichever is applicable. The airlines and other transportation companies concerned are not to be held responsible for any act, omission or event during the time You are not on board their conveyances. This Ticket Contract constitutes the sole agreement between Carrier and You, it being understood that the various independent contractors otherwise participating in the Cruise or CruiseTour will enter into their own separate contractual arrangements with You, and that You assume the risk of utilizing the services and facilities of those independent contractors. Any penalties, change fees or cancellation fees that result from changes to or cancellation of air arrangements are the sole responsibility of the Guest.

1 hour ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

And that SFO non-stop “red eye” came (or is coming from) where/when. It’s not only delays in departures. There’s delays in arrivals and new issues discovered in inspection while on the ground. 
Once had an Albany-Dulles leg of a trip home to SFO delayed four hours due to flat tire that occurred (probably while landing on this earlier commuter run from DC). Fortunately, auto-rebooked by UA on next turn around flight out and on connecting flight to SFO.

Could be coming from a number of places but generally not a commuter.  I don't think they use the commuters for the overseas/long hauls.  I think the international/long hauls are pretty much used that way.  Though one coming into SFO from Asia could go on to a Midwest or other location for sure.    

1 hour ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Perhaps if it’s an O charter

Quoting an Oceania contract is of no value for someone who is cruising on a different cruise line. I think you've lost track of the fact that this thread is on the Ask a Cruise Question board, not the Oceania board.

In this case the OP is on an NCL cruise.

53 minutes ago, ldubs said:

Could be coming from a number of places but generally not a commuter.  I don't think they use the commuters for the overseas/long hauls.  I think the international/long hauls are pretty much used that way.  Though one coming into SFO from Asia could go on to a Midwest or other location for sure.    

You are correct that, often it’s a round trip for that plane. But, if there is a mechanical issue discovered before your “red eye” return to wherever, you could be SOL unless you’re headed to the embarkation port at least a day earlier (two is preferable since “red eyes”!haven’t flown “near empty” for years. 
And that’s a main reason why I prefer United and Star Alliance hubs when connections are unavoidable or ticket reassignment is needed due to unforeseen flight issues.

1 minute ago, njhorseman said:

Quoting an Oceania contract is of no value for someone who is cruising on a different cruise line. I think you've lost track of the fact that this thread is on the Ask a Cruise Question board, not the Oceania board.

In this case the OP is on an NCL cruise.

Take a look at the NCL Ticket Contract and T&C s - pretty much the same as O and Regent ever since the formation of NCLH.

11 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

You are correct that, often it’s a round trip for that plane. But, if there is a mechanical issue discovered before your “red eye” return to wherever, you could be SOL unless you’re headed to the embarkation port at least a day earlier (two is preferable since “red eyes”!haven’t flown “near empty” for years. 
And that’s a main reason why I prefer United and Star Alliance hubs when connections are unavoidable or ticket reassignment is needed due to unforeseen flight issues.

I originally said a red-eye out of SFO to Europe might be less prone to delays than a regional flight.  Of course something can always go wrong.   I was not really trying to justify flying in the morning of, though I will do that when I want to.  

BTW, I don't know where you get your info, but I was on a flight to Europe in late March with empty seats all around me.  Same for the return flight which we had literally rebooked three times in a week due to a covid issue.  

Edited by ldubs

3 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Take a look at the NCL Ticket Contract and T&C s - pretty much the same as O and Regent ever since the formation of NCLH.

I understand that the contracts may be quite similar but similar isn't identical and there may be meaningful areas of difference. 

You make multiple specific references to Oceania...their contract. terms and conditions, their acting as a travel agent when booking your flight. an Oceania charter flight, all of which makes it appear as though you are making a reply to someone  cruising on Oceania.

12 hours ago, John Bull said:

Then I don't see what all the fuss is about 🙂

If the flight's on-time, about an hour to clear airport formalities & another hour to the ship, means that in theory you can be aboard  by 12.30.

Of course reality takes longer than theory, but you have about 3 hours of wiggle-time.

I used to drive ships' transfer coaches from LHR or LGW to Southampton on the morning of cruise departures - my coach & between 10 & 15 others, most of those hundreds of passengers from North America, 6 to 13 hours away compared to your little 2 1/2 hour hop.

We do tend to fly a day or three early, partly for peace of mind but mainly to explore the departure port.

But sometimes we've "been there, done that", or home & work commitments sometimes preclude flying the day before.. 

Put your worry-beads away 🙂

JB 🙂

Well said JB.  And, I've been on several of those coaches from LHR to Southampton.   They really do a pretty good job organizing and moving all of the folks arriving that morning, not to mention all the luggage.  Of course there is still a question about which should be the "correct" side of the road.  Haha.  

7 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

I understand that the contracts may be quite similar but similar isn't identical and there may be meaningful areas of difference. 

You make multiple specific references to Oceania...their contract. terms and conditions, their acting as a travel agent when booking your flight. an Oceania charter flight, all of which makes it appear as though you are making a reply to someone  cruising on Oceania.

I’m not about to do others’ simple searches for them. The O stuff is bookmarked and, as aforementioned, pretty much exactly the same text. Perhaps I could’ve added “similar to Oceania (and Regent), the NCL T&Cs will read something like: .....”

OR, I could’ve just said “”read the T&Cs and Ticket Contract” which many people will still not do.

If anything, perhaps I got some folks on the thread to do their homework.

We do think that FF sometimes gets “O” tunnel vision.  There can be some significant differences between cruise line requirements and practical everyday policy so folks really should focus on the policies of the specific line they are planning to cruise.  But we do think that gambling on any airline is folly at this current time.  Not only are flights routinely canceled and/or delayed but it can often take multiple days to find a seat on an alternate flight.  Just recently DW and I were stuck in Dallas for 2 days when a late flight caused us to miss a connection.  Fortunately we were not in our way to embark on a cruise or we would have been left high and dry.

I have started to feel a bit uncomfortable when planning to arrive at an embarkation port ONLY one day early.  On our current cruise (Miami to Monte Carlo) we know one German passenger who made the voyage, but without his luggage ( thanks to Lufthansa).  His luggage still had not caught up to him 18 days later when he arrived at Lisbon. If he had flown to Miami even one day early he would have had his luggage.

Hank

1 hour ago, Hlitner said:

We do think that FF sometimes gets “O” tunnel vision.  There can be some significant differences between cruise line requirements and practical everyday policy so folks really should focus on the policies of the specific line they are planning to cruise.  But we do think that gambling on any airline is folly at this current time.  Not only are flights routinely canceled and/or delayed but it can often take multiple days to find a seat on an alternate flight.  Just recently DW and I were stuck in Dallas for 2 days when a late flight caused us to miss a connection.  Fortunately we were not in our way to embark on a cruise or we would have been left high and dry.

I have started to feel a bit uncomfortable when planning to arrive at an embarkation port ONLY one day early.  On our current cruise (Miami to Monte Carlo) we know one German passenger who made the voyage, but without his luggage ( thanks to Lufthansa).  His luggage still had not caught up to him 18 days later when he arrived at Lisbon. If he had flown to Miami even one day early he would have had his luggage.

Hank

Meanwhile - still haven’t seen anyone post NCL’s “version” of the NCLH boilerplate T&Cs or Ticket Contract. 🤔

As for the current pandemic era “arrival buffer,” two nights pre-cruise is a decent starting point since it gives some extra protection for real possibilities of issues like “lost” luggage (which Lufthansa likes to call “misplaced”) and  cancelled flight/delayed connection ticket assignment et al. while also meeting many common Covid testing for travel requirements with a 48 to 72 hr pre-cruise window (thus allowing testing to be done enroute to the airport). 

In normal times, I’d most often aim for 3 nights pre-cruise in interesting new or favorite embark cities. But I can live with only two nights for now.

In an earlier post, I shared the rest of our air strategy. I cannot stress enough how important it is to have Plan B (and C) for backup originating flights and connecting flights (across multiple partner carriers at consortium hub airports (like SFO and FRA).

Somewhat sadly, now retired, I am low on the United FF hierarchy and don’t have much priority in the auto rebooking that can spare you not having to wait an extra day (or more) in some canceled flight cases. But, that’s where knowing which partner airlines are flying where (should you need them) can save you a lot of grief. AND, from personal experience, I can tell you that an airline that actually answers the phone and has great web service is worth its weight in gold when the poop hits the fan.

Edited by Flatbush Flyer

7 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Meanwhile - still haven’t seen anyone post NCL’s “version” of the NCLH boilerplate T&Cs or Ticket Contract. 🤔

As for the current pandemic era “arrival buffer,” two nights pre-cruise is a decent starting point since it gives some extra protection for real possibilities of issues like “lost” luggage (which Lufthansa likes to call “misplaced”) and  cancelled flight/delayed connection ticket assignment et al. while also meeting many common Covid testing for travel requirements with a 48 to 72 hr pre-cruise window (thus allowing testing to be done enroute to the airport). 

In normal times, I’d most often aim for 3 nights pre-cruise in interesting new or favorite embark cities. But I can live with only two nights for now.

In an earlier post, I shared the rest of our air strategy. I cannot stress enough how important it is to have Plan B (and C) for backup originating flights and connecting flights (across multiple partner carriers at consortium hub airports (like SFO and FRA).

Somewhat sadly, now retired, I am low on the United FF hierarchy and don’t have much priority in the auto rebooking that can spare you not having to wait an extra day (or more) in some canceled flight cases. But, that’s where knowing which partner airlines are flying where (should you need them) can save you a lot of grief. AND, from personal experience, I can tell you that an airline that actually answers the phone and has great web service is worth its weight in gold when the poop hits the fan.

Even auto rebooking (which we get on some airlines) does not work when all available flights have already been oversold.  Status can get some folks moved up on the list but that creates its own issues with long days sitting at the airport hoping to clear the standby list. And when one has checked luggage it becomes even more complicated.

Bottom line is that flying has become a nightmare for too many folks.  Add to this the staff shortages, TSA shortages, inpatient travelers, over stressed airline employees, etc. and even those of us with lots of travel experience can be frustrated.  We actually snagged a very nice hotel on our 2nd day at DFW because I simply “turned on the charm” with an AA cust serve agent who said I was only the 2nd person of the day to not rant.  You could not pay me enough to be a customer service agent these days.  Too many travelers have left their manners at home.

Hank

PS.  I write this as I stare out the lounge window at the Rock of Gibraltar.  Travel is still grand for those who can tolerate the new hassles.

4 hours ago, ldubs said:

Well said JB.  And, I've been on several of those coaches from LHR to Southampton.   They really do a pretty good job organizing and moving all of the folks arriving that morning, not to mention all the luggage.  Of course there is still a question about which should be the "correct" side of the road.  Haha.  

Yes, it's a pretty well-oiled machine regardless of which cruise line is involved.

A lot more expensive than the National Express scheduled coach services, but led by the hand from the airport Arrivals Hall to the cruise terminal

As to the "wrong" side of the road, it sounds like you've been on one of my coaches.

My safety briefing included something like "Those of you who are still awake may notice that I spend most of the time driving on the wrong side of the road. This is not dangerous, because fortunately everyone else drives on the wrong side too." 😉

JB 🙂

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

And don’t forget the Ticket Contract

11. Carrier’s Liability
i. Shore Excursions and Other Transportation, Services and Facilities: We shall in no event be liable to You with respect to any occurrence prior to embarkation or after disembarkation from the Ship named herein or substitute, except for transportation by water which is carried out by means of a conveyance provided by Us including the Ship and our tenders. If we have made arrangements on Your behalf for the provision of travel facilities with various independent contractors, such arrangements were made solely as a convenience and not as an agent of those independent contractors, for which a surcharge may be imposed. Although Carrier requires that independent contractors comply with Carrier’s COVID-19 Policies and Procedures, Carrier does not undertake to supervise or control such independent contractors or their employees, conveyances or facilities, and accepts no liability for any loss, delay, damage, injury, death, misrepresentation or disappointment whatsoever resulting therefrom. Carrier makes no representation, either express or implied, regarding the suitability, safety, insurance or other aspects of any such independent contractors, transportation, tours, services, products or facilities and Carrier’s liability for nonperformance of any independent contractor providing such facilities or services shall be limited to a refund of the amounts received by Carrier on the Guest’s behalf, if any. We assume no responsibility in whole or in part for any delays, delayed departures or arrivals, missed connections, loss, death, damage or injury to person or property or accident, mechanical defect, failure or negligence of any nature whatever caused in connection with any accommodations, transportation, services or facilities, substitution of hotels, common carriers or equipment with or without notice or for any additional expenses occasioned thereby. We reserve the right to choose the air carrier, routing and gateway locations, as well as the right to substitute charter flights for scheduled service and vice versa. If the entire Cruise or CruiseTour is canceled by Us for any reason, Guests shall have no claim other than for a full refund of the Cruise Fare or the CruiseTour Fare, whichever is applicable. The airlines and other transportation companies concerned are not to be held responsible for any act, omission or event during the time You are not on board their conveyances. This Ticket Contract constitutes the sole agreement between Carrier and You, it being understood that the various independent contractors otherwise participating in the Cruise or CruiseTour will enter into their own separate contractual arrangements with You, and that You assume the risk of utilizing the services and facilities of those independent contractors. Any penalties, change fees or cancellation fees that result from changes to or cancellation of air arrangements are the sole responsibility of the Guest.

More important than which cruise line is the country in which the booking is made, because the terms & conditions have to reflect local legislation. And the OP booked in the UK.

One small example - we booked a Red Sea cruise with Thomson Cruises. The ship missed one port due to a generator failure, which meant that we spent the next day in port waiting for  replacement part to be flown out instead of sailing to Safaga (for Luxor). Unhappy with the meagre compensation offered, we sought better. Thomson said that since the ship was registered in Cyprus, Cyprus law over-rode UK law. We argued that since the booking was made in the UK, UK legislation prevailed, and we threatened legal action - Thomson settled. 🙂

(nb the ship's dynamos are within the control of the cruise line, naturally if we'd missed Safaga due to weather, industrial action in the port etc  the cruise line would not have been liable) 

The Oceana terms & conditions which I see are headed UK Terms & Conditions, and they're nothing like the extract which you posted. Here's a link - though I doubt that the UK terms will show on your US internet server, a problem which I encounter trying to access US terms & conditions for any organisation.   https://www.oceaniacruises.com/legal/terms-conditions/

Is the version that you see headed "UK terms & conditions"?

I strongly suspect that the same applies to you trying to access NCL's  UK terms & conditions https://www.ncl.com/uk/en/about-us/terms-conditions-uk which include a number of references to UK legislation, such as  https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukdsi/2018/9780111168479/contents

As per an earlier post of mine, UK (and European and Aussie) consumer laws are stronger than those in the US. That's one reason why our fares for the self-same cruise are higher than yours.

JB 🙂

5 hours ago, Hlitner said:

Even auto rebooking (which we get on some airlines) does not work when all available flights have already been oversold.  Status can get some folks moved up on the list but that creates its own issues with long days sitting at the airport hoping to clear the standby list. And when one has checked luggage it becomes even more complicated.

Bottom line is that flying has become a nightmare for too many folks.  Add to this the staff shortages, TSA shortages, inpatient travelers, over stressed airline employees, etc. and even those of us with lots of travel experience can be frustrated.  We actually snagged a very nice hotel on our 2nd day at DFW because I simply “turned on the charm” with an AA cust serve agent who said I was only the 2nd person of the day to not rant.  You could not pay me enough to be a customer service agent these days.  Too many travelers have left their manners at home.

Hank

PS.  I write this as I stare out the lounge window at the Rock of Gibraltar.  Travel is still grand for those who can tolerate the new hassles.

So true. LOL on your autocorrected “‘inpatient’ traveler” error since many are that much more than “impatient.”

And it is somewhat amazing how much better responses an upset traveler gets with an attitude adjustment.

However, I do miss the days when my 1k United status used to allow double booking the next flight out after your already ticketed connection (it would self-cancel once you boarded the original connection).

5 hours ago, John Bull said:

Yes, it's a pretty well-oiled machine regardless of which cruise line is involved.

A lot more expensive than the National Express scheduled coach services, but led by the hand from the airport Arrivals Hall to the cruise terminal

As to the "wrong" side of the road, it sounds like you've been on one of my coaches.

My safety briefing included something like "Those of you who are still awake may notice that I spend most of the time driving on the wrong side of the road. This is not dangerous, because fortunately everyone else drives on the wrong side too." 😉

JB 🙂

Thanks JB.  I am more than willing to pay extra for that excellent hand holding at LHR!   

It is a small world.  I wonder if I ever was on one of your coaches.  I was the guy with the bags weighing in at 49.98 pounds ( or 69.98 in the old days).  Sorry about that!   😄

5 hours ago, John Bull said:

More important than which cruise line is the country in which the booking is made, because the terms & conditions have to reflect local legislation. And the OP booked in the UK.

One small example - we booked a Red Sea cruise with Thomson Cruises. The ship missed one port due to a generator failure, which meant that we spent the next day in port waiting for  replacement part to be flown out instead of sailing to Safaga (for Luxor). Unhappy with the meagre compensation offered, we sought better. Thomson said that since the ship was registered in Cyprus, Cyprus law over-rode UK law. We argued that since the booking was made in the UK, UK legislation prevailed, and we threatened legal action - Thomson settled. 🙂

(nb the ship's dynamos are within the control of the cruise line, naturally if we'd missed Safaga due to weather, industrial action in the port etc  the cruise line would not have been liable) 

The Oceana terms & conditions which I see are headed UK Terms & Conditions, and they're nothing like the extract which you posted. Here's a link - though I doubt that the UK terms will show on your US internet server, a problem which I encounter trying to access US terms & conditions for any organisation.   https://www.oceaniacruises.com/legal/terms-conditions/

Is the version that you see headed "UK terms & conditions"?

I strongly suspect that the same applies to you trying to access NCL's  UK terms & conditions https://www.ncl.com/uk/en/about-us/terms-conditions-uk which include a number of references to UK legislation, such as  https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukdsi/2018/9780111168479/contents

As per an earlier post of mine, UK (and European and Aussie) consumer laws are stronger than those in the US. That's one reason why our fares for the self-same cruise are higher than yours.

JB 🙂

Actually, I was able to view your link and the language is different than in the US version. However, as I said previously, it is very clear about Oceania (in its role as a TA for air tix) not having liability for issues arising from air travel it arranged on your behalf:

Oceania Cruises acts only as an agent on the Guest's behalf, and does not operate, control, or supervise any airlines and is not responsible for carriers failing to meet schedules. Air tickets are refundable to Oceania Cruises only and considered a part of the total cruise tour fare. Any airline-imposed fees that result from changes to or cancellation of air arrangements are the sole responsibility of the Guest. Due to government regulations, if you are delayed or unable to board at embarkation, you may not be able to board at a later time. In such event, Carrier shall have no liability to refund any cruise or cruise tour fares.

I trust that the NCL (and Regent) text will say pretty much the same thing.

Edited by Flatbush Flyer

10 hours ago, Hlitner said:

Hank

Our recent return flight Madrid - SFO with a connection at JFK left 2 1/4 hours late.  When we hit the gate at JFK, we had about 1 1/2 hours to clear immigration, gather our bags, clear customs,  find the bus to terminal 2, and go through security.  We got to our connecting flight's gate just as they were making the last call.  Actually Mrs Ldubs sprinted the last 100'.  With a lot of huffing and puffing we made it! 

Funny thing is after landing in SFO, I had a note from the carrier with a new boarding pass for our "later flight".  Apparently they didn't think we were going to make the original connection.  Haha.  

You have done incredibly more traveling them me in the past two years.  In fact, this is our first international flight since early 2020.   In this recent trip, we had no issues rebooking or finding seats.  The plane was far from full.  In the Premium cabin, I would say at least 1/3 of the seats were empty.   Based on your experience, it sounds like we were lucky.   Or, fingers crossed, maybe things are changing. 

2 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Actually, I was able to view your link and the language is different than in the US version. However, as I said previously, it is very clear about Oceania (in its role as a TA for air tix) not having liability for issues arising from air travel it arranged on your behalf:

Oceania Cruises acts only as an agent on the Guest's behalf, and does not operate, control, or supervise any airlines and is not responsible for carriers failing to meet schedules. Air tickets are refundable to Oceania Cruises only and considered a part of the total cruise tour fare. Any airline-imposed fees that result from changes to or cancellation of air arrangements are the sole responsibility of the Guest. Due to government regulations, if you are delayed or unable to board at embarkation, you may not be able to board at a later time. In such event, Carrier shall have no liability to refund any cruise or cruise tour fares.

I trust that the NCL (and Regent) text will say pretty much the same thing.

.I've been right through Oceana's UK terms & conditions, and nowhere can I see that extract.

Can you post a link?

Here are  Oceana's UK terms for included air travel, pasted it in full.

Flights
In accordance with EU Directive (EC) No 2111/2005, we are required to bring to your attention the existence of a “Community list” which contains details of air carriers that are subject to an operating ban within the EU Community. The Community list is available for inspection at http://ec.europa.eu/transport/modes/air/safety/air-ban/. We are required to advise you of the carrier(s) (or, if the carrier(s) is not known, the likely carrier(s)) that will operate your flight(s) at the time of booking if your holiday is flight inclusive. Where we are only able to inform you of the likely carrier(s) at the time of booking, we will inform you of the identity of the actual carrier(s) as soon as we become aware of this. Any change to the operating carrier(s) after your booking has been confirmed will be notified to you as soon as possible. We are not always in a position at the time of booking to confirm your flight timings. Our free economy flights are allocated within 2 working days and an air itinerary will be sent to confirm these details. The flight timings on your confirmation invoice are for guidance only and are subject to alteration and confirmation. The latest timings will be shown on your Cruise Vacation Summary (E-Tickets) which will be emailed to you or your Travel Agent at 21 days before departure. You must accordingly check your tickets very carefully immediately on receipt to ensure you have the correct flight times. It is possible that flight times may be changed even after tickets are made available – we will contact you as soon as possible if this occurs. Any change in the identity of the carrier, your departure airport, flight routing or flight timings will not entitle you to cancel or change to other arrangements without paying our normal charges except where specified in these Booking Conditions. If the carrier with whom you have a confirmed reservation becomes subject to an operating ban as above as a result of which we/the carrier are unable to offer you a suitable alternative the provisions of clause 9 (Changes and cancellation by us) will apply. It is the responsibility of the Guest to a) check their baggage allowance for all flights; if you are booked on different carrier(s) or in a different class of travel to/from the ship, your baggage allowance may differ between flights – please ensure you check the airline websites of each carrier in your itinerary; b) check the departure and arrival terminals of all flights; c) ensure you arrive at check-in and departure gate by the appropriate time with all proper and necessary documentation. Due to airline restrictions, we are not always authorised to pre-reserve seats for our Guests. We are not responsible for pre-assigned seating prior to flight departures for any reason. Guests are advised to contact the airline(s) directly to confirm pre-assigned seating. Some airlines will allow pre-assigned seating requests only once the ticket has been issued and may make an additional charge for this service. Airline tickets can only be issued on receipt of full payment for the cruise holiday. We/the airline will endeavour to satisfy any special service(s) requests such as adding frequent flyer numbers, requesting special meals or mobility assistance. Some airlines restrict the accumulation and/or use of frequent flyer miles in conjunction with the fares we use. Guests are at all times responsible for paying all service fees imposed by the airlines. These fees are at all times non-refundable. Please note, you are subject to and bound by the terms and conditions of the airline which operates your flight. These can be viewed on the airline’s website. If you breach or fail to comply with the airline’s terms and conditions or become liable to make any payment to the airline and the airline as a result seeks payment of any sum from us, we will be entitled to claim that payment from you. Airlines limit their liability in accordance with applicable international convention and regulation.

JB 🙂