Oceanview windows

tvlgoddess

29 minutes ago, tvlgoddess said:

Thank you both for your quick response.  I was hoping it would cause I like sleeping with fresh air in the room.

@tvlgoddess Please leave your balcony door closed for the reasons stated below by Cruise Critic's well regarded ship's Chief Engineer explanation below.  Thanks!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, oakridger said:

@tvlgoddess Please leave your balcony door closed for the reasons stated below by Cruise Critic's well regarded ship's Chief Engineer explanation below.  Thanks!

OP has an obstructed Oceanview stateroom so does not have a balcony door to open or (not) close. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

OP has an obstructed Oceanview stateroom so does not have a balcony door to open or (not) close. 

It was a thoughtful warning to others, though, who may have a balcony and not know the problems it can cause others when the door is left open. 

• Like 5

Those Oceanview windows are not far from the "splash area"....Could be quite the adventure if you could open them....sort of like sitting in the "splash zone" at the whale show in Sea World. 

They are water tight and do not open.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, FlaMariner said:

Those Oceanview windows are not far from the "splash area"....Could be quite the adventure if you could open them....sort of like sitting in the "splash zone" at the whale show in Sea World. 

They are water tight and do not open.

And when a storm happens during your cruise and IF you are on a lower deck, donot forget to sit in the windowsill and enjoy the waves passing by. I miss that when we are on higher decks. 

• Like 4

One of the things that I enjoy when I am in an oceanview stateroom stateroom on the lowest passenger deck is when King Neptune is having a bad day.  Watching the waves, watching the water covering the outside of my window, and hearing the sounds of the water crashing against the hull.  I am at sea!  And, I love it!  

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Dancing Shoes said:

It is fun to watch fish swim by when you are a lower deck with ocean view. Our bed was right under it.  We could kneel on the bed and the window was recessed.

Fish?!  What kind?  This is the first I've ever heard of that, other than dolphins and whales. 

5 hours ago, atexsix said:

Fish?!  What kind?  This is the first I've ever heard of that, other than dolphins and whales. 

It was dolphins.  They were following the ship for quite some time.  I was tired when I posted.  Too bad it wasn't a flying fish!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dancing Shoes said:

It was dolphins.  They were following the ship for quite some time.  I was tired when I posted.  Too bad it wasn't a flying fish!

It's always fun when dolphins do that!