The Daily for Sunday 04/17/2022

richwmn

1 hour ago, kazu said:

I heard that on the news and exactly why I wasn’t going to rely on one negative rapid test.  You need two to be sure according to what I heard but a positive is a positive.  I had two negatives in two days so I felt safe to go to my friends tonight.

Amazing what she did - kept us spaced and my spot at the table was way far away.  She wanted to keep Jose and I safe.  She went above and beyond which I never expected.  Such dear friends that care about Jose and I, both.

So glad you have such good friends,  and that you also are so considerate!   I think we all need to be super careful right now.  Our son was also advised by a doctor that he had to have two negative in a row to be considered clear.  It took almost two weeks for him, he was still testing positive for over ten days.  

• Like 10

@Cruzin Terri Hoping you feel better soon so you can enjoy your cruise. And I hope your DH doesn’t get ill. 🙏

@mamaofamiI also have had 2 J&J vaccines. I’ve heard that a mRNA dose (Pfizer or Moderna) would be better protection for us (something about mixing things up). 🤷🏻‍♀️

@aliaschief Ques: I think you said you’re going to pack metal eating utinsels after your Covid quarantine. What about a plate? Cup? TIA! 🙂

• Like 10

Thanks for all the daily contributions to this thread.

@kazu am so pleased that you were able to enjoy a meal with your friends. 

@grapau27  thank you for answering my query,  now know that you are cruising on P&O Britannia, hope you are enjoying the ship.     Will  your next cruise be on board a Holland America Line ship?

It's been a sunny autumn Monday, temperature 17 C.

Stay safe, take care everyone.

Edited by erewhon
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, erewhon said:

Thanks for all the daily contributions to this thread.

@kazu am so pleased that you were able to enjoy a meal with your friends. 

@grapau27  thank you for answering my query,  now know that you are cruising on P&O Britannia, hope you are enjoying the ship.     Will  your next cruise be on board a Holland America Line ship?

It's been a sunny autumn Monday, temperature 17 C.

Stay safe, take care everyone.

We had a great time thank you.

It was only 3 nights with 2 nights pre cruise in Southampton which allowed us to fit in with Pauline's work.

We were sailing from Southampton England so I drove to the port 310 miles.

HAL sailing from Amsterdam and Rotterdam and we will need a flight so our next couple of cruises are from Southampton on Royal Caribbean May and September.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, ger_77 said:

@Cruzin TerriI'm glad it's just a head cold; get well soon.

@marshhawkI think I'd be taking a test to be sure it isn't just allergies; you don't want to wander around even with a mask.  Your neighbour sounds like a real peach . . .

@StLouisCruisers happy to hear Gracie is a bit better.  $4500 for a doggie MRI?  Yikes!!

@grapau27loving your cruise photos; I thought you were on one when I spotted the unusual stemware in front of Pauline.

@kazuenjoy your dinner out!

@richwmn you've got mail!

Hope everyone is having a lovely Sunday.

Thank you.

IMG-20220415-WA0009.jpg

IMG-20220417-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20220417-WA0014.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1