Garden cafe breakfast: Pineapple juice has replaced orange juice (pic)

fstuff1

• fstuff1 changed the title to Garden cafe breakfast: Pineapple juice has replaced orange juice (pic)
2 hours ago, LMKakaThing2 said:

I hope it's orange juice in 2 weeks on the Jewel.  I'm allergic to pineapple and enjoy having OJ with my breakfast.

In the 2022.3.29 first Jewel re-start sailing, we had OJ.  But if there's supply problem, NCL may not have much choice.   If no OJ at Garden cafe, you can ask the Food & Beverage manager or dining room manager to see if they'll have OJ at the MDRs for breakfast.

I enjoy the Pineapple juice and Papaya juice at breakfast in the GC on the Gem but I also suggested different juices to be made available at each of the 3 juice stations available.

2 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Our grocery stores have been having problems keeping OJ on the shelves.  It may be (yet another) supply chain issue.

This winter was the worst citrus harvest in Florida in 20+ years.   In addition to the issues blamed on the pandemic there has been a fungus killing much of the crop.  Prices are high and supply is low.

If only I could trade places with Eddie Murphy!

• Haha 2

As a past Manager of a major food retailer in Chicago area with a big family, I have always watched pricing and availability.   Surprisingly, prices on OJ. and availability haven't been crazy this year in my view.  Yes, this time of year usually gets spotty.  Yes, cartons have gone down from 64 oz. to 59 oz. and now some at 54 oz. 

Now the price for beer at ballparks can really induce heart failure not to change the subject. 

Just off Gem 3/30-4/14/22.   One day no OJ.  Then they put out in Garden Cafe a big urn with OJ.  Even on the last day of the 15 nights there was OJ but not in the machine posted in the picture above.  Separate and plenty of it.

Never saw it missing in MDR but maybe that one day.  

1 hour ago, fstuff1 said:

Today is debarkation.

There is  oj in both dispenser machines in the garden cafe! 😮

So now, if someone just reads the title of this thread, they will be getting a false impression of the actual onboard situation.

Ooooops. 😕

16 minutes ago, dexddd said:

Is it really OJ?  Recall NCL years back charging extra for OJ, maybe that was freshly squeezed?

Good question and I'm afraid the answer is only partially true, what's being served - especially in the buffet on most morning, is reconstituted and vastly, diluted OJ from concentrate.  I consider it to be an orange drink only (IMHO, not good at all) with the ones in the MDR and even O'Sheehan's (or The Local) being better, more concentrated with a bit more pulp (maybe, NCL using a different "blend").  "Standby for a personal impression, dex" from the Joy in about 2 weeks, my BIL's gang loved to hang out each morning & they'll be on Deck 16 to check things out soon, LOL.  Maybe, I will run into fstuff1 on the ship again - lots of availabilities & prices are good.  

Dexddd, do you recall whether they serve a better one in Haven ?  As for charging extra for OJ, that started back in the mid 2000's (if not earlier) as I'm pretty sure they're definitely "selling" it on the POA in 2009 ... Henry 

20 hours ago, mking8288 said:

Good question and I'm afraid the answer is only partially true, what's being served - especially in the buffet on most morning, is reconstituted and vastly, diluted OJ from concentrate.  I consider it to be an orange drink only (IMHO, not good at all) with the ones in the MDR and even O'Sheehan's (or The Local) being better, more concentrated with a bit more pulp (maybe, NCL using a different "blend").  "Standby for a personal impression, dex" from the Joy in about 2 weeks, my BIL's gang loved to hang out each morning & they'll be on Deck 16 to check things out soon, LOL.  Maybe, I will run into fstuff1 on the ship again - lots of availabilities & prices are good.  

Dexddd, do you recall whether they serve a better one in Haven ?  As for charging extra for OJ, that started back in the mid 2000's (if not earlier) as I'm pretty sure they're definitely "selling" it on the POA in 2009 ... Henry 

You are on Joy in two weeks?  I thought it was later.  That is one ship I want to try.

OJ?  I don't get many chances at home to try it but all ships in Haven have generally seemed to taste more like European boxed OJ.  Don't get many chances for day drinking at home plus I have to make bed and do laundry.  All for my convenience, of course.

• Haha 1

Just got off the Gem yesterday and am only commenting to say that the OJ in the MDR for breakfast was from concentrate. I always enjoy the fresh squeeze and have gotten spoiled with that! Also, a friend stayed in the penthouse and said that at Cageny’s breakfast, fresh squeezed was offered but for a $4 up charge.

On 4/25/2022 at 7:17 AM, Mlake09 said:

Just got off the Gem yesterday and am only commenting to say that the OJ in the MDR for breakfast was from concentrate. I always enjoy the fresh squeeze and have gotten spoiled with that! Also, a friend stayed in the penthouse and said that at Cageny’s breakfast, fresh squeezed was offered but for a $4 up charge.

That sounds about right.  When they started offering fresh squeezed about 10 years ago want to say it was $2.50.  Also about the time they tried selling champagne at chocolate buffet.