Stateroom amenities price list.

The-Inside-Cabin

I found the prices here interesting for the stuff in your cabin.    Make sure you have everything when you check in.   I was missing my umbrella.   They must have had a problem with people taking stuff before.      They obviously don't really want to sell anything.   

Binoculars $24. 
Water Glass $110

Tissue Box $240.  

9A87139B-F1BB-4798-8162-6201E56DA206.thumb.jpeg.905b37c060692309facb7fabcf8500fb.jpeg

$110 water glass

image.thumb.jpg.231bc75ec969a107943e2453af2c0005.jpg

$280 tissue box!

image.thumb.jpg.677bc958cb75aa1eb8fc2ffecd04f184.jpg

Edited by The-Inside-Cabin
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, The-Inside-Cabin said:

I found the prices here interesting for the stuff in your cabin.    Make sure you have everything when you check in.   I was missing my umbrella.   They must have had a problem with people taking stuff before.      They obviously don't really want to sell anything.   

Binoculars $24. 
Water Glass $110

Tissue Box $240.  

9A87139B-F1BB-4798-8162-6201E56DA206.thumb.jpeg.905b37c060692309facb7fabcf8500fb.jpeg

$110 water glass

image.thumb.jpg.231bc75ec969a107943e2453af2c0005.jpg

$280 tissue box!

image.thumb.jpg.677bc958cb75aa1eb8fc2ffecd04f184.jpg

Question: what is the 'Portfolio'?

Isn’t that list a hoot? We got a lot of entertainment value from it. The soap dish must be encrusted with diamonds somewhere.

Kinda surprised about the low price on the binoculars. And the shoe horn is a steal! Whoops, poor word choice …

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, duquephart said:

The in cabin binoculars are worth every bit of $24.

That is about $8 more than similar ones on Amazon BUT they did make for an easy way to use up a little bit of shipboard credit we had left. 

4 minutes ago, austinetc said:

Note: The pen is not listed. That's good, 'cause I usually take the pen.

What's a magazine bag?

It’s looks like a tote bag but is made out of heavy felt. Usually sits near the window on the floor beside a chair or sofa. 

583CB785-91A9-4B95-8045-1C81716CE610.jpeg

34958301-424B-40CC-854C-41439DA40E1F.jpeg

3 minutes ago, SailorPaulH said:

Thank you OP for the list. It makes a nice check list to be sure everything on it is left behind on the way out the door. Timestamped photos of the items before leaving might be an idea, LOL.

The list will be with the other stuff on the table/desk. The room steward presumably checked everything as part of getting the room ready. Good to recheck.

6 hours ago, duquephart said:

Only if you want a good pair, although I believe they get better with stateroom category.

I am in a penthouse verandah - and you get the $24 binoculars shown in the pictures.     Not sure what the other categories get

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rburwell said:

With the binoculars....I assume the charge is to take them home with you, not to use them on excursions? Thanks....

Yes - no charge to use your umbrella or the binoculars - you can buy the binoculars for $16.77 on amazon.   KONUS 10x 25mm Basic Series Binocular

Interesting that Viking is OK buying $110 water glasses but only spends $16 for binoculars....I guess I would prefer they buy $110 binoculars and spend $16 on the water glasses..

Edited by The-Inside-Cabin
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, duquephart said:

The list will be with the other stuff on the table/desk. The room steward presumably checked everything as part of getting the room ready. Good to recheck.

Yes - I was missing the umbrella - I never knew to look until they announced over the loudspeakers to bring your umbrella in your room......Then I couldn't find it and that's when I asked my cabin steward.   Later I found the list in a bunch of other paperwork..

On 4/18/2022 at 4:19 PM, austinetc said:

Note: The pen is not listed. That's good, 'cause I usually take the pen.

What's a magazine bag?

We have only seen it in the PV.  We thought it was nice but asked if it was a "gift" when we saw it.  Its a really nice tote bag.  I suppose one can use it around the ship.  I always have a book, sweater, tablet to carry around.  Then leave it in the stateroom upon departure.

On 4/18/2022 at 11:10 PM, Twitchly said:

That bad, eh? I was going to ask if we should just bring our own. 

Yes bring your own.  We always do.  They are like opera glasses.  Forget about seeing birds or wildlife with them.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, duquephart said:

Correct. Hence the warning to check everything since you will be charged for anything that disappears. $140 for soap dish?

I think the soap dish, toothbrush holder and tissue holder are marble or some heavy stone.

• Like 1

On 4/18/2022 at 5:47 PM, Mich3554 said:

I actually asked to purchase the throw on our first cruise.  The colors in it go great with our living room and it gets used all winter long.  They sold me a brand new one, still in the wrapper.  

I love the throws too….next cruise in December one will be coming home with me….I’ll pay for it 🙂