FCC are worthless if you can not get Vax’d

Barb & Randy

Has anyone else asked NCL to refund your $$ because you can not cruise using your FCC due to their current requirements?  My mother (age 88) fell and broke her shoulder (became practically bedridden) and I was her caretaker for months; in Spring 2020; missing the email that NCL sent out about applying for refunds. Once I DID find out (3 months late), they refused my request saying the deadline had passed.  I have booked and rebooked, hoping their policy would change, but my time expires Dec 2022.  I can not get Vax’d. Can not get a refund.  I feel like they have stolen my money ($2,300), since my NCL agreement to take their FCC had NO vaccine requirements at that time. (March 2020 - their wasn’t a Covid vaccine).   What would you do or suggest?

• Like 1

You missed the email, you cant get vaxxinated for some reason... which are required. What do you want  people to tell you? There are lots of people that complained about FCC and there not being a vaccine requirement back then .... Things changed over a course of a pandemic. There's not much you can do as they are the final answer. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

You missed the email, …. There's not much you can do as they are the final answer. 

I (sincerely) wondered if others had been successful in getting time extensions, refunds, or anything helpful. 

Thousands and thousands of people wanted their money back and not a FCC due to vaccine requirements whether it was a refusal or for some reason "can't" so you're not alone as this has gone on a long time. When is the last time you called and talked to an NCL rep? I only ask because regardless of what has happened to others all you can do is worry about you and take care  your own personal situation.  I haven't heard about anyone getting their money back because they refused to get vaccinated. Call for the extension if you haven't done so recently as you weren't clear when you last contacted them. 

Sorry to hear about your mom, hope she is better now.  The FCC can easily be transferred (sold) to another party.  There is a group on a large social media site to assist in doing that.  How much FCC do you have and is it the 100% FCC or the 25% bonus?

• Like 1

I do not believe the vaccine requirements are permanent. Here is an article from the former FDA commissioner (and Pfizer board member) saying he believes vaccine requirements will be eliminated on cruise ships next spring. https://www.seatrade-cruise.com/environmental-health/when-will-vaccination-no-longer-be-required-cruise

The number of countries who do not require any vaccination is now up to 31 (and growing daily, as it was 9 a few weeks ago). These same countries do not require pre-travel testing, post-travel testing, or any type of quarantine. In other words, they are wide open with no Covid restrictions, just as they were pre-covid.

https://www.traveloffpath.com/countries-without-any-travel-restrictions-or-entry-requirements/

With this in mind, can you get an extension to your FCC to see if you can wait this out? If not, have you considered trying to do a credit card refund since the terms of booking have changed and are now prohibiting you from the obtaining the service purchased? A Doctors note stating why you can not be vaccinated will likely be helpful this route.

Best to you.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

Thousands and thousands of people wanted their money back and not a FCC due to vaccine requirements whether it was a refusal or for some reason "can't" so you're not alone as this has gone on a long time. When is the last time you called and talked to an NCL rep? I only ask because regardless of what has happened to others all you can do is worry about you and take care  your own personal situation.  I haven't heard about anyone getting their money back because they refused to get vaccinated. Call for the extension if you haven't done so recently as you weren't clear when you last contacted them. 

4-5 months ago. I will try again.  Thanks!

41 minutes ago, MoCruiseFan said:

Sorry to hear about your mom, hope she is better now.  The FCC can easily be transferred (sold) to another party.  There is a group on a large social media site to assist in doing that.  How much FCC do you have and is it the 100% FCC or the 25% bonus?

Thanks for your input, Mo. I had no idea I could sell them.  We have over $2300.00 in the FCC, I’m really not sure if we got the 25% bonus…. (It was a stressful situation for many other people as well - details get forgotten).  Mom turns 90 in a few months and has fully recovered from the broken shoulder and 2 rounds of Covid (the original, as well as the Omnicron)… she longs to cruise again but won’t  be Vax’d.  I shall try to find the social media group. Thanks for answering my call of assistance.

2 hours ago, MoCruiseFan said:

This I have puchased many NCL FCC's from this FB Group and NCL FCC is HOT right now.

• Like 1

You can submit a request for cancellation of FCC and refund of original monies paid (which may or may not be approved after review) to NCL guest relations at https://www.ncl.com/case-submission

In the drop down menu for WHAT DO YOU NEED HELP WITH choose "Future Cruise Credit and Refund Inquiries"  For ship/date/res# etc you will want to reference the ORIGINAL booking the FCC was issued from.  In the comments list as much pertinent detail as to why you cannot utilise the FCC, along with the FCC# if you know it.  Responses can take up to 60 days and front line customer service reps will not have access to the case submission nor can guest relations speak to you until after the 60 day mark from submission has elapsed.

I recommend doing a screenshot of the case submission page BEFORE clicking "submit" as the response you get WILL NOT have any of the details on it.  Also once you submit make sure to screenshot the response screen as you may or may not get an email verifying the submission, and if you do get the email it has no more than the case # and expected response time as detail.

GOOD LUCK!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JCDCA said:

I see no response as to why “cant” be vaccinated.  Also pretty risky to not be vaccinated at age 90.  

You see no response because the reason OP is not vaccinated is private medical information. I find it in poor taste that you feel this is an appropriate (or relevant) question to pose in a public forum.

BTW- The OP can not possible be 90 since her mother is only 88. 🙄

• Like 6

9 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

You see no response because the reason OP is not vaccinated is private medical information. I find it in poor taste that you feel this is an appropriate (or relevant) question to pose in a public forum.

BTW- The OP can not possible be 90 since her mother is only 88. 🙄

8 hours ago, FLcruisergrl said:

Totally NYB and completely inappropriate to ask.

The OP started this by making private information public.  Asking followup questions as to why is not inappropriate 

• Like 8

Just now, geegee1 said:

The OP started this by making private information public.  Asking followup questions as to why is not inappropriate 

I believe you are wrong. Perhaps the first question posed by JCDCA was just being innocently nosey, but the pushing for an answer (post #14) lacks decorum .

Why the OP is not vaccinated has no relevance. Approximately 34% of Americans can not cruise because they do not meet NCL's vaccination requirements. Some by personal choice. Some by Dr orders. Would it be any different had the OP stated she simply chooses not to be vaccinated? The answer is no. All that is relevant in this topic is that the OP can not meet the current vaccination requirements set forth by NCL. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

I believe you are wrong. Perhaps the first question posed by JCDCA was just being innocently nosey, but the pushing for an answer (post #14) lacks decorum .

Why the OP is not vaccinated has no relevance. Approximately 34% of Americans can not cruise because they do not meet NCL's vaccination requirements. Some by personal choice. Some by Dr orders. Would it be any different had the OP stated she simply chooses not to be vaccinated? The answer is no. All that is relevant in this topic is that the OP can not meet the current vaccination requirements set forth by NCL. 

It might be different. I think you would have more standing to demand a refund if you truly cannot get vaccinated for a verifiable medical reason than if you simply don't want to. I'll stop there as to not further derail this thread or start a vaccine argument.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, geegee1 said:

OP did not make private info public. They simply said they couldn’t get vaccinated.  There are boundaries and asking questions like that is inappropriate. But I guess you want to know because “it’s about the greater good”? 🙄

• Like 1

I appreciate everyone’s input, and I understand human curiosity.  [My mom, almost 90, has survived 2 cases of Covid = we are blessed and thankful.]  I have submitted the proper form asking for an extension of the deadline to use (in case they lift the Vax requirements)  OR a refund. I am also working towards selling FCC in case we get denied.

Thanks, everyone.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, mitsugirly said:

I had a ncl rep call me 2 weeks ago and he said they are slowly but surely relaxing the vaccination status. He said probably within 6 months they estimate you will not have to be vaxed to cruise with them. I hope that helps 

I hope so!  That would be great

• Like 2

On 4/18/2022 at 7:18 PM, deweytrader said:

This I have puchased many NCL FCC's from this FB Group and NCL FCC is HOT right now.

when you buy FCC, is it at a discount?  what is the going discount?