Sanctum Spa no longer a suite perk

mappyuk

Am on Pursuit currently and in Club continental suite. Was told at booking that a perk was access to the Sanctum Spa area. However have been denied access and told this is now limited to ‘higher value suites’ and this change has just been made. Our lovely butler insists we have access and is enquiring. Luckily the ship is quiet so am not too bothered but it’s a bit unfair to make these changes after booking and not communicating it to the passengers. 

Michael

1 minute ago, uktog said:

So where do the suite guests not at the higher end access a thalassotherapy pool?  I agree if that is a change it is very unfair to existing bookers.

I guess if they book a treatment they still have access. 

M

Just now, mappyuk said:

I guess if they book a treatment they still have access. 

M

When in a suite I used it each day to ease my joints after long days out.  I do not want to have daily treatments though! 

I think we are seeing the mindset of revenue management pervading everywhere with the new owners.  The competition (eg Viking) make their spa pool available to everyone free of charge.

• Like 4

As you are on Pursuit, probably get a better answer if you speak to the hotel director Heike.  If it is a policy change, she will know and will also have the right "access to ears" to feedback negative comments

• Like 10

10 minutes ago, uktog said:

As you are on Pursuit, probably get a better answer if you speak to the hotel director Heike.  If it is a policy change, she will know and will also have the right "access to ears" to feedback negative comments

That's what I'd do too. Interested to hear the outcome. 

Phil 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, mappyuk said:

Our butler just confirmed that Azamara have made the decision due to Covid and financial reasons. I guess to encourage people into higher suites. 

Sorry, don’t rely on what the butler says, ask the hotel director she is the best person to discuss this with. I don’t know who your butler is but some of them will spin stories at time.  He’s not in a management position, this is an issue for management 

• Like 5

I could understand if it’s COVID related, but Financial as well?  I agree with UKTOG , You need to speak to Heike for the definitive answer she will also want to know if any Butlers are giving incorrect information. Not great if it’s true, was looking forward to next weeks cruise and our summer ones, now not so much if we lose the Spa perk. 

Edited by Azamarajunkie
  • Like 1

I’m not even convinced it’s Covid related as it just means there will be more people on the pool deck - all outside whichever deck they’re on. If this is going to be implemented, I rather fear it is financially motivated, partly to sell the top suites but also to potentially get revenue from guests who would only be able to use the Spa deck if paying for a treatment. This will not be popular with the many guests who book a CC suite under the assumption that they would be entitled to use the Spa deck (including us!) Will be interesting to see if this comes to anything!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, mara01 said:

I’m not even convinced it’s Covid related as it just means there will be more people on the pool deck - all outside whichever deck they’re on. If this is going to be implemented, I rather fear it is financially motivated, partly to sell the top suites but also to potentially get revenue from guests who would only be able to use the Spa deck if paying for a treatment. This will not be popular with the many guests who book a CC suite under the assumption that they would be entitled to use the Spa deck (including us!) Will be interesting to see if this comes to anything!

And if it was covid related it would have been introduced sooner. I found last week every excuse for less than the usual Azamara experience was either Covid related or the ships not full whether that was a valid comment or not 

• Like 3

We booked a CC Suite for a January sailing with the knowledge it included access to the spa deck and thalassotherapy pool. If this perk has been eliminated, we have to rethink this booking.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, voyager1964 said:

Cannot you just purchase a pass? Using OBC

Well, you used to able to!  Only a certain amount were sold, so as to keep the area from being too crowded.

But access to that Area always was complimentary to all suites!  Not just top level ones…..that’s what people are upset about.

Edited by takemewithyou
  • Like 2

I would be greatly interested if they still sell the passes that allow access to the Thalasso pool.

I could imagine they either start selling more of them if they take the benefit away from suits or they stop selling them all together and you can only get access if you book a treatment.

7 hours ago, java spot said:

I'm curious if this post is about the thelasotherapy pool and area, or the locker room/ steam sauna area which has always been open to everyone. Can someone please confirm. Thanks.

We only asked about the pool and deck area.

M

• Like 1

The new Onward is going to have 54 Club Continent suites, which would push the number of guests who could use the area complimentary to 132.  Way too many for a small space.  It would be difficult to allow on the other ships and not the Onward.

I have confirmed with Heike that this is no longer complimentary for CC’s

• Like 1

Another big nail in Azamara's coffin I am afraid.  

Thank goodness we did not spend extra on a suite on the booking we have made, we debated doing so exactly because it would have given access to the thalassotherapy pool but did not do so because there were no walk in shower suites available.  It is extremely unfair to people who booked with this as an advertised perk to now lose it - so if Onward cant cope but why remove access to the thalassotherapy pools to guests on the other ships?

A close competitor gives access to thalassotherapy pools for all guests without charge.  That is going to be an important consideration for me going forward as I often need access to a pool like that after long flights or travel exertions.

• Like 6