Help us select honeymoon itinerary!

Moochi

Future husband and I enjoyed our recent Millennium trip so much, and decided to book her again for our honeymoon! We compared a few itineraries and can't decide on a shorter Sky Suite or a B2B includes a small Sky Suite portion. The longer one is almost double of the length and costs only $1,500 more, if we stay in an Ocean View for the most of the trip. Future Husband needs to take 5 days off work for either option. I have so much leave accumulate during COVID so it doesn't bother me. What would you choose if you were us?

Option 1: 7 night southern Caribbean in a Sky Suite. 

Total cost: $4,300

On board credit: $1,100 ($600 from booking and $500 from Onboard Future Cruise)

Option 2: 10 night eastern Caribbean in an Ocean View, plus 3 night Bahamas in a Sky Suite.

Total cost: $5,700 includes premium drink upgrade for the first leg

On board credit: $1,150 ($400 from booking, $400 from premium drink upgrade (does this stack?), $350 from onboard future cruise)

We honestly don't care too much about the ports at all. We spend most of our days eating and drinking indoor.

Thank you for your input!

16 minutes ago, KruznKimmie said:

What ships and ports are you reviewing? Just me but ocean view cabin holds no appeal.  And not a fan of the Bahamas.

Millennium. OV is all we can afford after paying for the wedding 🙈

I would book the SS……I’m shocked at the price! We have one booked for our 30th anniversary next year and it’s 3X the price and on a ship that hasn’t been revolutionized. Your price is a steal! I’ve  barely  seen regular verandas for that price much less a Suite!

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Moochi said:

Millennium. OV is all we can afford after paying for the wedding 🙈

For me, longer is better. I’ve never done a Suite, and would gladly swap an extra few days in a balcony cabin for a few days in a Suite. The Bahamas also are not a very interesting destination. Too short a cruise, nothing much to see or do, it is pretty much like being ashore in Florida.

So, given that you like the Millennium, I would look for an itinerary at least 10 days long, b2b if needed to get the time in, stick with the same cabin on both legs.  And consider sister ships like the Summit  instead of staying with the Millennium. E.g., check the May-June Bermuda itineraries…

And I would like to offer congratulations on your wedding and condolences for your exposure to cruising; it can be hard to get over.

• Like 2

I usually vote for longer cruises and if you choose the second option, don't forget to ask for the B2B discount.  You will get $100 for the first leg and $50 for the second.

However, this is a special cruise for you both, so I think I would go with the suite and enjoy the balcony.

Congratulations to you both!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Moochi said:

Future husband and I enjoyed our recent Millennium trip so much, and decided to book her again for our honeymoon! We compared a few itineraries and can't decide on a shorter Sky Suite or a B2B includes a small Sky Suite portion. The longer one is almost double of the length and costs only $1,500 more, if we stay in an Ocean View for the most of the trip. Future Husband needs to take 5 days off work for either option. I have so much leave accumulate during COVID so it doesn't bother me. What would you choose if you were us?

Option 2: 10 night eastern Caribbean in an Ocean View, plus 3 night Bahamas in a Sky Suite.

On board credit: $1,150 ($400 from booking, $400 from premium drink upgrade (does this stack?), $350 from onboard future cruise)

We honestly don't care too much about the ports at all. We spend most of our days eating and drinking indoor.

If you are really happy to just stay on the ship go for the suite.

For us memories are made by the ports not the ship or the cabin. We would look for a much interesting itinerary for example around South America to coincide with the Rio Carnival. 

40 minutes ago, JFontaine said:

Have you looked at the Edge, Apex or Beyond?  The ships are so different from Millennium - since it is your honeymoon I would go with something new  even if it is 7 days.  

It's their honeymoon. They won't be out of the cabin long enough to notice what ship they are on. 😊

Dirty Dawg, who thinks he went to Spain on his honeymoon. Or was it Kalamazoo? 🤔

9 hours ago, Purplsmurf said:

I would book the SS……I’m shocked at the price! We have one booked for our 30th anniversary next year and it’s 3X the price and on a ship that hasn’t been revolutionized. Your price is a steal! I’ve  barely  seen regular verandas for that price much less a Suite!

It is a great deal! (Although still a ton of money for us just getting started)

9 hours ago, GottaKnowWhen said:

And I would like to offer congratulations on your wedding and condolences for your exposure to cruising; it can be hard to get over.

Thank you!! Yeah, I thought bourbon was an expensive hobby. Too naive.

1 hour ago, DirtyDawg said:

It's their honeymoon. They won't be out of the cabin long enough to notice what ship they are on. 😊

Dirty Dawg, who thinks he went to Spain on his honeymoon. Or was it Kalamazoo? 🤔

Don’t understand a word of what you were saying, Dirty Dirty Dawg.

You might also consider looking at the S class ships sailing out of South Florida.   The Silhouette is a great ship and newly renovated and does some great itineraries to the Western Caribbean that are a nice mix of Sea Days and port days.  The S class tends to be a little cheaper than similar itineraries on the newer E class, but has a nice mix of bars and Specialty dining.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Moochi said:

Don’t understand a word of what you were saying, Dirty Dirty Dawg.

Get your mind out of the gutter, young lady. I was referring to the vast amounts of 'sleep' needed by honeymooners after all the work they do planning the wedding. 

'Sleep' well, and have a great cruise!

• Haha 1

Congratulations...it iis hard to go back from a suite, but an SV is close.  To answer your question, whatever you decide will be exciting.  I would pick the suite, but before choosing, look at everything else that was available on S and E classes too.

I can’t edit the original post. 

How about option #3, take the 7 day cruise in the suite, and stay in the departing port (San Juan) for 3 days? So we can make the honey-week a bit longer. The total cost should be about the same as the longer cruise, if we plan carefully and don’t stay in an all-inclusive resort. But no food or drink will be catered to us for 3 days.🤣🤣 OMG I sound like a spoiled brat when saying that.

13 hours ago, Moochi said:

We did a Sky Suite once, it was nice, especially dining in Lumina, but we will never pay for one again, we are happy with a veranda.

We pick cruises on itinerary and cost.  

First of all, if the three day Bahamas cruise just goes to Nassau, skip it.

Second, there are great ports on the Eastern as well as Southern Caribbean.  Curacao and Aruba are nice on the Southern, but we love St. Thomas, Grenada, St. Lucia, Antigua and Barbados.

Not sure about premium drink packages, frankly, we don't drink 10 drinks a day and never take the drink packages unless forced.

5 minutes ago, Moochi said:

I can’t edit the original post. 

How about option #3, take the 7 day cruise in the suite, and stay in the departing port (San Juan) for 3 days? So we can make the honey-week a bit longer. The total cost should be about the same as the longer cruise, if we plan carefully and don’t stay in an all-inclusive resort. But no food or drink will be catered to us for 3 days.🤣🤣 OMG I sound like a spoiled brat when saying that.

Old San Juan has several nice small hotels (we stay in the Casablanca), fine restaurants as well as neighborhood cafes, interesting sights within walking distance... A few days there before or after is a good option.

Stan

Perhaps you can look into a large balcony on an S Class ship as well ?

You might be able to get an extra few days cruising for the same price.

While we have not sailed on any of the new E class ships, we have always enjoyed the S class and have sailed on them all. The food and service has been " exceptional " .

Wishing you " All the Best " -- Enjoy your cruise--- there will be lots of time for Suites in the future.

• Like 2